Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I was looking for an actor that played blue energy dudes to play this blue energy dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I was looking for a handsome dude with flowing locks, lots of muscles and a very hairy chest to play Wonder Man who is handsome, has flowing hair, lots of muscles and a hairy chest. Also good acting, a serious tone to the movie, and a classic costume.

We will have to wait to see if we get any of that.....
    Thé "flowing hair" would be complicated for Yahya, it's not a movie but a tv show, and a comedy one (a satire apparently), so it's maybe not a good beginning for you.
    Last edited by Bolo; 11-01-2022 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Thé "flowing hair" would be complicated for Yahya, it's not a movie but a tv show, and a comedy one (a satire apparently), so it's maybe not a good beginning for you.
    Yeah, probably not, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    My problem with this casting is very simple, I have always seen Williams like a DC character inside Marvel, the archetype of Superhero, a white guy with short dark hair, a male version of Wonder Woman in some way, we lost this aspect with this casting, I see Williams like the typical nice good looking white guy who can't have a role, a nicer version of Johnny Cage, for me his origin is important for this role, to see the power inside this nice WASP appearance in other words a superhero "Clark Kent", for me that the same thing for Rogue, for me she is a typical redneck girl (that make all her charm), and Gambit (a cajun) who should have french ancestors.

To be honest, specially a visual medium like comicbook, appearance including races, is always important to various degree and eveybody have their sinceres opinions about that, it's for that some peoples are not happy with Shang Chi, Hercules, Namor recents casting, because Marvel begin to be maybe too open for these roles (and not onely for the tall muscular pretty boys).

There are rumor that Feige wanted a DCEU actor for the role, I suppose that he have tried to have Cavill before him (for me he would have been perfect).

BUT I wonder if they have chosen Yahya because he is a New Orlean guy like Black Talion ? To create a direct between them to explain his ressurection, and maybe his powers, I really like Wonder-Man but his story is a little too chaotic.

Or instead they could have made a Power Man tv show but with some Simon elements (the actor stuff etc...), they have already done that.
    This. I see Simon as a Johnny Cage/Jean-Claude Van Damme type of character.

I was looking for a handsome dude with flowing locks, lots of muscles and a very hairy chest to play Wonder Man who is handsome, has flowing hair, lots of muscles and a hairy chest. Also good acting, a serious tone to the movie, and a classic costume.

We will have to wait to see if we get any of that.....
    I stopped reading at "hairy chest".

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post

I stopped reading at "hairy chest".
    LOL, (I was trying to say I wanted a comic-accurate look.)

I don't mind this version as long as I can get a comic-accurate movie version down the line with the original green costume.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I wonder how deep the producers will attempt to go into Hollywood satire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Player_(1992_film)

I hope that it is done in an intelligent manner and not with fourth wall breaking. Avoid campiness. Unless they reference some kind of in-universe vintage television series from the 60s, a "Batman" type show but based on an obscure Marvel property.

Mighty Member

My concern is whether would they make Simon Williams become black just because they love to place some MCU synergy inside the comic medium. We see this progress happen with Agatha by de-aged her, making Ajak, Makkari, and Sprite into women, and Shang Chi has mastered the power of Ten-Rings.

Hopefully not happening, cause Wonder Man is still considered B-Listed heroes back then.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

LOL, (I was trying to say I wanted a comic-accurate look.)

I don't mind this version as long as I can get a comic-accurate movie version down the line with the original green costume.
    I get it, I get it. I believe we're on the same page. I really don't care about the casting, just no cheap MCU sense of humour pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder how deep the producers will attempt to go into Hollywood satire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Player_(1992_film)

I hope that it is done in an intelligent manner and not with fourth wall breaking. Avoid campiness. Unless they reference some kind of in-universe vintage television series from the 60s, a "Batman" type show but based on an obscure Marvel property.
    Hollywood satire would be sooo much fun. But do you really expect an intelligent manner of satire and the lack of campiness from an MCU show nowadays?!
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    My concern is whether would they make Simon Williams become black just because they love to place some MCU synergy inside the comic medium. We see this progress happen with Agatha by de-aged her, making Ajak, Makkari, and Sprite into women, and Shang Chi has mastered the power of Ten-Rings.

Hopefully not happening, cause Wonder Man is still considered B-Listed heroes back then.
    I hope they make black in the comics too. That would be wonderful! He’s my favorite Avenger and top 2 favorite Marvel character and has been since I were a kid. I think black Simon Williams would be awesome

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

They would be unlikely to make Simon black in the comics, just like they haven't turned the Ancient One into a white woman, or turned Baron Mordo black, or changed the racial backgrounds of MJ, Flash Thompson, Ned Leeds, Liz Allen, etc. The comics will do some synergy changes where it makes some degree of sense to do so -- but they don't just go around changing every character for every change the MCU makes. With the Eternals they had the excuse of the Eternals being reborn in new bodies. With Shang-Chi, giving him the Ten Rings didn't change anything about the existing character--it just gave him something new.

Hypothetically they could kill off Simon Williams and replace him with a new, black Wonder Man...but I don't see that as particularly likely either.

Incredible Member

They did turn Makarri into a death woman though, still pretty annoyed about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Hypothetically they could kill off Simon Williams and replace him with a new, black Wonder Man...but I don't see that as particularly likely either.
    Don't even put that out there into the Universe!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    They would be unlikely to make Simon black in the comics, just like they haven't turned the Ancient One into a white woman, or turned Baron Mordo black, or changed the racial backgrounds of MJ, Flash Thompson, Ned Leeds, Liz Allen, etc. The comics will do some synergy changes where it makes some degree of sense to do so -- but they don't just go around changing every character for every change the MCU makes. With the Eternals they had the excuse of the Eternals being reborn in new bodies. With Shang-Chi, giving him the Ten Rings didn't change anything about the existing character--it just gave him something new.

I wouldn't put it past them....they did turn the Punisher into a black guy for a while back in the day.
    https://www.cbr.com/remember-to-forg...e-a-black-guy/

I am very sure, at best, a "legacy" version would be created. 616 Simon and his brother are both Caucasian. There's no way to retcon that.

I liked the early 90s comics solo run. Hopefully some of that can be touched upon in live action.

I was hoping for this
    wonderman009.jpg*
    But I should have known better
    *scene from my first Avengers issue.