Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I was hoping for this
    Attachment 126000*
    But I should have known better
    *scene from my first Avengers issue.
    Yes, you know it!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, you know it!
    Guessing there will be zero connection to Avengers accept maybe for Zemo being his creator/benefactor.

If the concept is for Zemo to create his own superhero that he can control -- I think Wonder Man should have a costume similar to his FA green/red from the comics -- as it is loosely based on Captain America's. The safari jacked -- or even the black spandex really wouldn't suffice in terms of showmanship. I'm not sure, though, what Zemo's endgame would be --if he's not trying to get WM into the Avengers. At the point where Simon breaks free/dies/is reborn -- he could shuck the Zemo costume and go with something less showy -- like the black spandex. The safari jacket would just be an easter egg -- maybe something he wears once -- which gets destroyed. Purple energy Simon is not something I need to see -- since it was tacked on years later -- and never did much for the character. Red eyes, though -- should be a thing -- after he is reborn.

If the concept for this is that Simon somehow gets powers and has to juggle that with his career as an actor -- the story loses a lot of gravitas -- and just becomes a situation comedy on which I can easily pass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Guessing there will be zero connection to Avengers accept maybe for Zemo being his creator/benefactor.

If the concept is for Zemo to create his own superhero that he can control -- I think Wonder Man should have a costume similar to his FA green/red from the comics -- as it is loosely based on Captain America's. The safari jacked -- or even the black spandex really wouldn't suffice in terms of showmanship. I'm not sure, though, what Zemo's endgame would be --if he's not trying to get WM into the Avengers. At the point where Simon breaks free/dies/is reborn -- he could shuck the Zemo costume and go with something less showy -- like the black spandex. The safari jacket would just be an easter egg -- maybe something he wears once -- which gets destroyed. Purple energy Simon is not something I need to see -- since it was tacked on years later -- and never did much for the character. Red eyes, though -- should be a thing -- after he is reborn.

If the concept for this is that Simon somehow gets powers and has to juggle that with his career as an actor -- the story loses a lot of gravitas -- and just becomes a situation comedy on which I can easily pass.
    Simon was created by the elder Zemo...not this one. And the MCU Zemo's whole thing is to get rid of supers...not make more.

Maybe they'll use AIM like EMH did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they'll use AIM like EMH did.
    A revised Extremis from IM3?

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I was looking for an actor that played blue energy dudes to play this blue energy dude.
    Jamie Fox as Wonder Man? Yeah, I can see it.

And yes, I know he already played Electro in another universe but eh, its the Multiverse.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Simon was created by the elder Zemo...not this one. And the MCU Zemo's whole thing is to get rid of supers...not make more.
    Makes sense, I guess. I don't follow MCU that closely, but Zemo seemed to be the most likely way of connecting Simon to the Avengers. Isn't Sharon Carter the MCU's power broker. Maybe she'll be used instead.

Some fan posted a pic of the actor in a black/red outfit. Looked like he belonged in a Dr. Strange movie.

Mighty Member

I check some post that someone thinks Simon is gay because of the sub-context and gay code. Consider in the 80s, the writer always keeps asking the artist to draw him in a speedo short or anything that is expose a lot of skin. Some fans never like the idea of Scarlet Witch and Wondy become couple due because of the history with Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I check some post that someone thinks Simon is gay because of the sub-context and gay code. Consider in the 80s, the writer always keeps asking the artist to draw him in a speedo short or anything that is expose a lot of skin. Some fans never like the idea of Scarlet Witch and Wondy become couple due because of the history with Vision.
    I mean, he's a very good looking guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, he's a very good looking guy...
    ...with a super-muscular hairy body, at times he had flowing hair, shades, and a cool outlook.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I loved them as a couple. Despite the best intentions of Roy Thomas and Steve Englehart -- Vision was always an artificial being with digitized brain waves of Simon. From an adult perspective, that relationship is kinda 'eww'.

Mighty Member

I loved them as a couple. Despite the best intentions of Roy Thomas and Steve Englehart -- Vision was always an artificial being with digitized brain waves of Simon. From an adult perspective, that relationship is kinda 'eww'.
    What does that mean. Are you saying Vision is just a duplicate personality of Wonder Man due to the brain waves?

Astonishing Member

I think he's saying that since Vision is an artificial life form, Wanda having a romantic and sexual relationship with him is gross.

Astonishing Member

Yep.

When Vision was introduced, it was a less sophisticated time -- and most of us weren't thinking about the mechanics of Wanda and Vision. But in the end, he's an artificial being -- basically a vibrator with a personality -- in sexual terms. In the real world, people would frown on a human coupling with a machine -- no matter how sophisticated.

In other news, has everyone seen that Marvel Legends released a new Wonder Man figure -- the one with the red safari jacket? I guess we'll never get a First Appearance version.

Extraordinary Member

Yep.

When Vision was introduced, it was a less sophisticated time -- and most of us weren't thinking about the mechanics of Wanda and Vision. But in the end, he's an artificial being -- basically a vibrator with a personality -- in sexual terms. In the real world, people would frown on a human coupling with a machine -- no matter how sophisticated.

In other news, has everyone seen that Marvel Legends released a new Wonder Man figure -- the one with the red safari jacket? I guess we'll never get a First Appearance version.
    Helps if you post a pic...