Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Even with the sad ending, that's still one of my all-time favorite "What If...?" stories ever (XD)

Same here. It was a great issue, and part of a great run of WHAT IFs.

As for Simon's outfit--yeah, in THAT issue it works for me, even though I didn't like it in its 616 appearances. Maybe its just something to do with how it is rendered here by the art team? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Same here. It was a great issue, and part of a great run of WHAT IFs.

As for Simon's outfit--yeah, in THAT issue it works for me, even though I didn't like it in its 616 appearances. Maybe its just something to do with how it is rendered here by the art team? I dunno.
    But that is how it was rendered when Simon wore it in the regular Avengers issues.

The only exception being that thin red strap going around his head to hold on the goggles. In the Avengers, it was part of the headpiece. But the rest of the costume was the same.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

OMG! Even with the sad ending, that's still one of my all-time favorite "What If...?" stories ever (XD)

I wasn't exactly sad. Basically it ended with Simon "dieing and becoming the Vision, mirroring what happened in our timeline. I liked how his presence kept the Avengers as EMH, even when the "big guns" left. I always wanted to see an What If of "What if Namor had Accepted the Avengers Invitation?" or "What if the Avengers had Succeded in Finding the Hulk and Getting HIM to Join? (Like Iron Man Suggested), both based on happenings in Avengers #16. The Premiss of both would basically be the same as the Wonder Man What If. THe team would still have enough muscle to stand against pratically any foe (though I doubt that Cap would leave the leadership in the hands of Namor or the Hulk, as he did with Simon). But would the Avengers be enough to change the path of these two Titans?

Peace

[center]OMG! Even with the sad ending, that's still one of my all-time favorite "What If...?" stories ever (XD)

Oh I love that story!!!! Simon asks Wanda out for dinner and she says she usually dines with her brother Pietro. Simon replies, s'okay, we can make it a threesome.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But that is how it was rendered when Simon wore it in the regular Avengers issues.

The only exception being that thin red strap going around his head to hold on the goggles. In the Avengers, it was part of the headpiece. But the rest of the costume was the same.
    I can't put my finger on why. Sometimes things just look different when drawn by a different artist--or when coloured by a different colourist. But for whatever reason, I liked the costume well enough in that WHAT IF, but not anywhere else.

My first choice for Simon's costume is the updated version of the black-and-red that George Perez gave him in AVENGERS vol.3. Its a bit classier looking than the classic black-and-red tank top look he had in most of WCA, but still has the basic elements that had made that suit so popular in the first place.

I know, right?! For whatever reason, I became enamored with that outfit after reading What If...? #5 (1989). So much so, I went back and re-read every classic issue where that suit made an appearance. I instantly fell in love, and it's been that way ever since (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-23-2022 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I know, right?! For whatever reason, I became enamored with that outfit after reading What If...? #5 (1989). So much so, I went back and re-read every classic issue where that suit made an appearance. I instantly fell in love, and it's been that way ever since (XD)

This is the Wondy I know and Love!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Incredible Member

This is the Wondy I know and Love!
    Yeah, that element of self doubt made him seem a lot more human than most other powerhouses.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Yeah, that element of self doubt made him seem a lot more human than most other powerhouses.
    Agree, but then they took it too far later, making him freeze up and stuff.

Agree, but then they took it too far later, making him freeze up and stuff.
    And then came the pacifism.

And then came the pacifism.

Yes, an now nothing. We need our old Wondy back in action!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I know he's only popped up here and there since Avengers: No Surrender, but I can't help but wonder why writers even want to use him anymore if they aren't going to drop the pacifist angle. I mean, why include a character that's literally going to be wall paper??

Hopefully someone decides to actually do something with him in the near future...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Was reading Avengers Forever #3, what do you think about this Wonder Man from another universe, this version is a violent blood-fist superstar, where he and among of many people were given with superpower ability and have to fight each other to death. I thought this sounds like the Wonder Man from the 80's.
    RCO003_1646223779.jpg

Mighty Member

RCO008_1646223779.jpg

Look just the way he aims.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Was reading Avengers Forever #3, what do you think about this Wonder Man from another universe, this version is a violent blood-fist superstar, where he and among of many people were given with superpower ability and have to fight each other to death. I thought this sounds like the Wonder Man from the 80's.
    RCO003_1646223779.jpg
    Just because I don't want a pacifist Wonder Man doesn't mean I want a blood-thirsty one.
    Plus, it's Aaron. The chances of me liking it are very slim.

Peace