Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I guess it depends on what you count - the Elektra Saga is basically a reprint of her first Daredevil appearances plus a short story, and the Megazine issues are reprints for an international audience. And while Elektra: The Hand obviously carries her name, it's not really about her and she doesn't have much of a presence. And I don't think they count anything from the Ultimate side in the figure. Still, I personally could see the issue count in the range of 100-105 (with me not counting the Hand miniseries, and maybe not counting Saga)...

All this to say, who knows lol. I'm sure they have a calculus that doesn't count some stuff.

My 110 calculation didn't include Ultimate or any other AUs. Discounting Saga and the Magazine only removes six issues, so it's still five too many (104, when the total should be 99).

The solicit for #100 specifically mentions with her name on the cover, so the Hand should count.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How did they work out the legacy numbering? According to the wiki there's already been 110 issues of Elektra.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Elektra_Comic_Books
    Marvel's legacy numbering makes no sense anyway. If your link is correct and Marvel's numbering were consistent Elektra should not be at 99 but at 75 issues, as they left out all limited series and only counted issues of ongoings for most other characters' legacy numberings. Yet here they are obviously counting the minis, too, which makes the whole legacy numbering completely random.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

That's exactly what they did, a legacy numbered book, but sorry guys, it's a one-shot. This cover (dated 2020 - originally meant for COVID cancelled comic?) is the variant, the one already posted is the main.

ELEKTRA #100
    ANN NOCENTI (W) • PAULO SIQUEIRA, TY TEMPLETON & MORE (A)
    Cover by DAN PANOSIAN • VARIANT COVER BY Dike Ruan
    VARIANT COVER BY VARIANT COVER BY JEN BARTEL • VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Elektra has been many things – a pawn, a pariah, and even a provocateur. But through it all, she has been one thing above all others: the most dangerous human being in the Marvel Universe! Everything that has happened in her long and storied life has been leading to this: the 100th issue bearing her name, and the starting point of what is to come!
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99
    Ok this cover certain looks cooool. I will buy a copy.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    In Devil's Reign X-men 1 Elektra has a substantial role and spoilers:
    kills people for Fisk, and we see a kid spot her doing so and then we cut and at the end we find out said kid is dead and Fisk will frame Frost for it
    end of spoilers
    Did this story feel like essential reading? I've been skipping tie-ins aside from the Elektra one so far, but I wasn't sure if I should get more.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My 110 calculation didn't include Ultimate or any other AUs. Discounting Saga and the Magazine only removes six issues, so it's still five too many (104, when the total should be 99).

The solicit for #100 specifically mentions with her name on the cover, so the Hand should count.
    Marvel botches the Legacy numbering a lot. Black Widow was one that recently comes to mind. I recall lots of dispute over Incredible Hulk a few years back.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Did this story feel like essential reading? I've been skipping tie-ins aside from the Elektra one so far, but I wasn't sure if I should get more.
    Others may feel differently, but it doesn't quite feel essential. It might end up mattering a great deal for Emma, but I'm not sure it'll be that important for Elektra or the event overall

We can keep you posted though!

BANNED

I don't think Duggan has been remotely interesting so far with Elektra, Punisher and even Wolverine. It's just hack and slash

Devil's Reign Omega wraps up the event, and will indicate Elektra's near future

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=149068906

devilsreign2021omega_cov.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Others may feel differently, but it doesn't quite feel essential. It might end up mattering a great deal for Emma, but I'm not sure it'll be that important for Elektra or the event overall

We can keep you posted though!
    It follows up a plot point from Duggan's Marauders run that revealed that Emma was working for Fisk years ago in return for him helping Lourdes Chantel go into hiding from Sebastian Shaw. I enjoyed it, but I really like Emma Frost so having them both in the same comic is great for me!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Devil's Reign Omega wraps up the event, and will indicate Elektra's near future

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=149068906

devilsreign2021omega_cov.jpg
    I reckon we are going to get an Elektra on going after this.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I hope they get a good artist for it if so.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I really hope so - and one that lasts much more than 11 issues
    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I hope they get a good artist for it if so.
    Ditto. I wouldn't mind De Latorre - they've been good even if we've just seen one issue

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Marvel's legacy numbering makes no sense anyway. If your link is correct and Marvel's numbering were consistent Elektra should not be at 99 but at 75 issues, as they left out all limited series and only counted issues of ongoings for most other characters' legacy numberings. Yet here they are obviously counting the minis, too, which makes the whole legacy numbering completely random.
    They were inconsistent across the board. Some characters counted minis (such as Venom, whose runs until recently were all very short), others didn't. Characters who've existed since the 60s also counted issues they weren't in (Journey Into Mystery, Tales of Suspense, etc) with both Hulk and Captain America therefore not counting their debut runs (Hulk had a book, got cancelled, moved to Tales to Astonish, and ended up adopting it's numbering - and Steve had a decent sized run in the 1940s which got ignored in favour of Suspense). And Captain Marvel counts all of the Carol Danvers comics, not all of the Captain Marvel comics, meaning that Kamala's legacy numbering starts with her own #1, which was actually Ms. Marvel volume 3.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bleeding Cool did this calculation for how she has reached 100 issues
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ann-...e-elektra-100/
    Comics legend Ann Nocenti is returning to write a new Elektra story as Elektra reaches her 100th legacy issue this April in Elektra #100. In case you were wondering, that's eight issues from Elektra Assassin in 1986, one Elektra Lives Again graphic novel, four from the Elektra 1995 mini Root of Evil, twenty issues from Elektra's first 1996 series (including Elektra #-1), thirty-five issues from her 2001 series, three from Elektra and Wolverine: Redeemer in 2002, another four from 2002 with Elektra: Glimpse and Echo, five each from Elektra: The Hand in 2005 and Dark Reign: Elektra in 2009, a Shadowland: Elektra one-shot in 2010, eleven issues from her 2014 Marvel NOW! series, five issues from her 2017 Marvel NOW AGAIN! mini-series, Running with the Devil.
    Okay, let's see. That makes for 102 issues. Hmm. Remove Redeemer since it was co-billing with Wolverine, and that's 99. And now it all adds up!