Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    What did everyone think on the final issue of BWB? I enjoyed the first story the most, 2nd story Peach Momoko's art was stellar but had no idea what was going on. Same with the third story.
    The first was decent. The second was really pretty but no idea what went on. Like… 0. The third was what I assumed was going to happen by the end of it. Not great but fine. I think these four issues had 3 pretty looking stories and then the rest were anywhere from “fine” to “why did they think this story/art was acceptable.

I liked the last issue, one of the strongest imo (in that all stories were good, even if a bit inscrutable).

With Momoko I'm assuming she was hired by one demon/creature to kill another, and Elektra didn't find out till way too late haha.

What did you guys think of Savage Avengers? It's a team book so not a ton of Elektra, but it was a pretty good setup issue - eager to see what's next

Youtube host and writer Princess Weekes made a video on Elektra.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I liked the last issue, one of the strongest imo (in that all stories were good, even if a bit inscrutable).

With Momoko I'm assuming she was hired by one demon/creature to kill another, and Elektra didn't find out till way too late haha.

What did you guys think of Savage Avengers? It's a team book so not a ton of Elektra, but it was a pretty good setup issue - eager to see what's next
    I enjoyed Savage Avengers, Prepose had Elektra's voice right and I liked her interactions with Flash Thompson. Art was solid as well. It'll be interesting to see if the book is going to continue without Conan now Marvel has lost the license. He was always the least interesting part of the series for me, but he's also the main reason it exists!

Elektra by Andrew Formosa

Zdarsky lays out what's ahead for Elektra (and Matt) when Daredevil relaunches.
    https://www.cbr.com/chip-zdarsky-daredevil-interview/

Excited to see Elektra and Matt address the whole Punisher leading the Hand thing, and apparently seeing them also come into conflict with the Avengers/hero community

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Zdarsky lays out what's ahead for Elektra (and Matt) when Daredevil relaunches.
    https://www.cbr.com/chip-zdarsky-daredevil-interview/
    Maybe I am in the minority but I think he’s written Elektra better than Matt, who I think he’s made quite unlikeable at points.

I think so too. I just wish they'd let her be Elektra and not Daredevil #2.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I like her current direction, tbh, but I don't see this turning into her forever direction. Like most things re superhero comics, things almost always gets reset back to zero at some point.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Black Panther didn't stay Daredevil forever did he?
    Elektra will at some point just be Elektra once again.
    Enjoy the sidebar for now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Speaking of Elektra as DD - Savage Avengers #2 was pretty good. Didn't know I needed to see Elektra fight Devil Dinosaur, but it was actually a cool moment

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Maybe I am in the minority but I think he’s written Elektra better than Matt, who I think he’s made quite unlikeable at points.
    I think Zdarsky has got the essence and voice of Elektra spot on and he's giving us some great content. What I don't like is the retcons that make her life revolve around Matt so much, leading to her still wearing the DD mantle. I'm going to just ignore the Woman without Fear revelation. And look forward to the day she becomes her own woman again (hopefully in her own ongoing).

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Speaking of Elektra as DD - Savage Avengers #2 was pretty good. Didn't know I needed to see Elektra fight Devil Dinosaur, but it was actually a cool moment
    Finally got my copy of this. Really enjoyed it, reads much better than Duggan's after only two issues. You can tell Pepose is an Elektra fan as she's coming across as the de facto leader of the team. I was hoping that seeing she was in the Hyborian age she might be more inclined to be a bit more lethal again but alas, Matt is still rubbing off on her. I'm a big fan of Cloak and Dagger and they are great in this too.

Great Elektra and Wolverine fan art by jydawn
    Last edited by scouse mouse; 06-18-2022 at 01:54 PM.