Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

And a preview for DR: X-Men! Elektra will at least appear in flashbacks, and I like her confrontation with Emma

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/dr-x-men-2/

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Art is fantastic. But I'm not happy with all these recons that make everything Elektra does revolve around Matt. So now their relationship in College was all to do with the Hand, even though she never joined them until after her Father was killed?

And a preview for DR: X-Men! Elektra will at least appear in flashbacks, and I like her confrontation with Emma

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/dr-x-men-2/
    Now this one I like! Two of my favourite Marvel girls interacting for the first time and it's fantastic! Can't wait for this

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Art is fantastic. But I'm not happy with all these recons that make everything Elektra does revolve around Matt. So now their relationship in College was all to do with the Hand, even though she never joined them until after her Father was killed?
    I know... this retconning has completely soured me on Zdarsky's handling of the character.
    Now this one I like! Two of my favourite Marvel girls interacting for the first time and it's fantastic! Can't wait for this
    Same! In just this small interaction they bounce off each other well. This is you retcon!

Yeah, I'm not sure if it gives her a whole lot of agency or anything. I wish they stuck with the original history and tried to make it fit but this is comics... retcons are always going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure if it gives her a whole lot of agency or anything. I wish they stuck with the original history and tried to make it fit but this is comics... retcons are always going to happen.
    It takes more of it away! Zdarsky is making everything in her life revolve around Matt and it's getting old.

It takes more of it away! Zdarsky is making everything in her life revolve around Matt and it's getting old.
    Yeah, it really does. I wish she could be more of her own person.

Read Black, White & Blood#2 and agree with everyone's assessments. That Peter David/Greg Land abomination has no place in an anthology supposedly celebrating Elektra. The Smallwood story was amazing and Ewing and Reiss's was a nice celebration of her lethal skills.

All-New Member

So I went on Marvel.com, into the comics tab and pulled up every title with the name Elektra in it. I came up with this: Elektra: Root of Evil, Elektra (1996 1st Series), Marvel Knights Elektra (2001 2nd Series), Elektra and Wolverine: the Redeemer, Elektra: Glimpse and Echo, Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra, Ultimate Elektra, Elektra: The Hand, Elektra The Movie, Dark Reign: Elektra, What If? Daredevil vs. Elektra, Shadowland: Elektra, Elektra (2014 3rd Series), Elektra (2017 4th Series), and Elektra Black, White & Blood. If you remove both of the Ultimate titles your left with:
    Elektra: Root of Evil 4
    Elektra (1996 1st Series) 20
    Marvel Knights Elektra (2001 2nd Series) 35
    Elektra and Wolverine: the Redeemer 3
    Elektra: Glimpse and Echo 4
    Elektra: The Hand 5
    Elektra The Movie 1
    Dark Reign: Elektra 5
    What If? Daredevil vs. Elektra 1
    Shadowland: Elektra 1
    Elektra (2014 3rd Series) 11
    Elektra (2017 4th Series) 5
    Elektra Black, White & Blood 4
    That's 99 issues. Could this be Elektra's Legacy Numbering? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SILVER_SURFROY View Post
    So I went on Marvel.com, into the comics tab and pulled up every title with the name Elektra in it. I came up with this: Elektra: Root of Evil, Elektra (1996 1st Series), Marvel Knights Elektra (2001 2nd Series), Elektra and Wolverine: the Redeemer, Elektra: Glimpse and Echo, Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra, Ultimate Elektra, Elektra: The Hand, Elektra The Movie, Dark Reign: Elektra, What If? Daredevil vs. Elektra, Shadowland: Elektra, Elektra (2014 3rd Series), Elektra (2017 4th Series), and Elektra Black, White & Blood. If you remove both of the Ultimate titles your left with:
    Elektra: Root of Evil 4
    Elektra (1996 1st Series) 20
    Marvel Knights Elektra (2001 2nd Series) 35
    Elektra: Glimpse and Echo 4
    Elektra: The Hand 5
    Elektra The Movie 1
    Dark Reign: Elektra 5
    Shadowland: Elektra 1
    Elektra (2014 3rd Series) 11
    Elektra (2017 4th Series) 5
    Elektra Black, White & Blood 4
    That's 99 issues. Could this be Elektra's Legacy Numbering? Thoughts?
    You missed Elektra: Assassin. Bleeding Cool did an article and came up with:
    Eight issues from Elektra Assassin in 1986, one Elektra Lives Again graphic novel, four from the Elektra 1995 mini Root of Evil, twenty issues from Elektra's first 1996 series (including Elektra #-1), thirty-five issues from her 2001 series, three from Elektra and Wolverine: Redeemer in 2002, another four from 2002 with Elektra: Glimpse and Echo, five each from Elektra: The Hand in 2005 and Dark Reign: Elektra in 2009, a Shadowland: Elektra one-shot in 2010, eleven issues from her 2014 Marvel NOW! series, five issues from her 2017 Marvel NOW AGAIN! mini-series, Running with the Devil. Okay, let's see. That makes for 102 issues. Hmm. Remove Redeemer since it was co-billing with Wolverine, and that's 99. And now it all adds up!

All-New Member

I was thinking exactly the same thing. But Elektra: Assassin is under the Epic imprint and is not listed on Marvel.com.

Quote Originally Posted by SILVER_SURFROY View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. But Elektra: Assassin is under the Epic imprint and is not listed on Marvel.com.
    It's only counting Elektra's solo series. Assassin would fall into it as it was her first and whether or not it was Epic, Marvel still puts it out often in TPB form. The reason it's not on Marvel.com is probably because it can't be on Unlimited due to its more mature tone. These don't count as they either aren't solo Elektra titles or they are movie adaptions which doesn't fit canonically.
    Elektra The Movie 1

Interesting week for Elektra!

In DR: X-Men 2, spoilers:
    we see Elektra in her natural habitat, both as killer and protector of children. Her and Emma's little team-up was nice, plus an unexpected (and kind of unnecessary) Spidey appearance. As mentioned previously, this is how you retcon. I feel like we get more unknown details about Elektra's time as Fisk's assassin, but in ways that are only additive. Plus, it's great to see lethal Elektra again outside of the current anthology.
    end of spoilers

For WWF #3, spoilers:
    we get some pretty good action, horrible retcon not withstanding. And there isn't as much focus on it on this issue, so it's easier to enjoy the good! It feels like it comes too late (how many issues have we had of "I'm not Matt, I can't/shouldn't force myself to do things his way" have we had?), but Elektra acting more like herself was a thrill to see. And beware, this issue potentially spoils something from the yet to be released DR #5... it could be a misdirect, but still. It at least serves as a compelling reason for Elektra's re-entry to the main event, though we'll see if that's in issue #5 or 6.
    end of spoilers

Also, based on the last ad page of WWF, it appears that Elektra #100 is considered part of the Devil's Reign event?

we see Elektra in her natural habitat, both as killer and protector of children. Her and Emma's little team-up was nice, plus an unexpected (and kind of unnecessary) Spidey appearance. As mentioned previously, this is how you retcon. I feel like we get more unknown details about Elektra's time as Fisk's assassin, but in ways that are only additive. Plus, it's great to see lethal Elektra again outside of the current anthology.
    end of spoilers

For WWF #3, spoilers:
    we get some pretty good action, horrible retcon not withstanding. And there isn't as much focus on it on this issue, so it's easier to enjoy the good! It feels like it comes too late (how many issues have we had of "I'm not Matt, I can't/shouldn't force myself to do things his way" have we had?), but Elektra acting more like herself was a thrill to see. And beware, this issue potentially spoils something from the yet to be released DR #5... it could be a misdirect, but still. It at least serves as a compelling reason for Elektra's re-entry to the main event, though we'll see if that's in issue #5 or 6.
    end of spoilers

Also, based on the last ad page of WWF, it appears that Elektra #100 is considered part of the Devil's Reign event?
    spoilers:
    It was a good issue. I don’t love the retcon but it could be…. worse. I was taken aback by the Matt being murdered mention. I was like “did that happen? I don’t remember.” Then I realized that 4 was the last issue, not 5. Also, Is Goldy fooling Elektra at the end? Or….?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

end of spoilers

For WWF #3, spoilers:
    end of spoilers

How big is the role of Spidey btw?

Picking it up regardless but it's be nice to know beforehand