Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    It was a decent issue but my biggest gripes with all the recent Elektra stories (outside of D:WWF) is that the writers don't make her the sole focus. Especially with a #100 and the BWB series, they are to celebrate the character and she's always second to whatever character is with her. I know Frank Miller is iffy nowadays but back when he was writing her, he always knew how to make her feel like the star, even when she might have been out of the scene. I know Ann Nocenti was a co-creator of Typhoid Mary but it felt more like a celebration of her than it was of Elektra...
    Agreed. The more I think about it, the more this just wasn't good enough as a milestone celebration of her.

Coming around to the same conclusion. I think the historic lack of quality Elektra content makes it easy to go into stuff with blinders on, but this just wasn't up to par for what should be a milestone celebration.

Elektra in July:
    SAVAGE AVENGERS #3
    DAVID PEPOSE (W) • CARLOS MAGNO (A)
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    Teaser Variant Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    Predator variant COVER by Mirka Andolfo
    JOURNEY TO THE TEMPLE OF THE BEAST!
    Banding together the deadliest warriors of the Marvel Universe, Conan and the Savage Avengers have never been accustomed to playing defense. But after being hunted across the Hyborian Age by DEATHLOK THE DESTROYER, only one thing’s for certain — our heroes aren’t running anymore. Armed with a death-defying plan in the heart of a forbidden temple, can even the Savage Avengers fight against the future? Or will an ancient evil crush their victory before they’ve even begun? Everything changes in this sword-and-sorcery showdown between Cyborg and Cimmerian!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

DAREDEVIL #2
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO AND MORE! (A)
    COVER BY MARCO CHECCHETTO • Predator variant COVER by Bill Sienkiewicz
    VARIANT COVER BY GARY FRANK • SKRULL VARIANT COVER BY PETE WOODS
    DAREDEVIL NO. 650!
    After DEVIL’S REIGN, everything it has ever meant to be DAREDEVIL has changed. Thanks to ELEKTRA and her newfound role as the Woman Without Fear, Daredevil is more ambitious than EVER, with a who’s-who of creators from across the fabled character’s history (and some can’t-miss surprises along the way), this oversized epic kicks the next year of Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto’s landmark run on DAREDEVIL off in explosive style!
    56 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99

SAVAVEN2022003_Cov.jpg

DD2022002_cov.jpg

Preview pages for Kevin Eastman's story in Elektra:B,W&B #4
    https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/teenag...kevin-eastman/

I'm not sure what's happening, but Eastman's art looks good!

Elektra's getting another Funko, this time with her DD look. Already pre-ordered mine
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...for-pre-order/

Yeah I have no idea either but at least it looks good! And that Funko does look cool.

Leaked early preview for Elektra:B,W&B #4 via Bleeding Cool. It will be interesting if the Rosenberg story in the preview is in continuity as it would count as the first meeting (time line wise) between Elektra and that character.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/next...patch-elektra/

Oh, that'll be an interesting match-up

And we've got a lettered preview for Savage Avengers

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/earl...vels-previews/

Was just about to post that link! Glad that the writer has remembered that Elektra and Flash know each other from their Thunderbolts days.

Ha, great minds. I hope they get some good page time, it felt like they should have gotten along in Thunderbolts but didn't really interact much there

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    They all look good!

What did everyone think on the final issue of BWB? I enjoyed the first story the most, 2nd story Peach Momoko's art was stellar but had no idea what was going on. Same with the third story.