Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Finally got my copy of this. Really enjoyed it, reads much better than Duggan's after only two issues. You can tell Pepose is an Elektra fan as she's coming across as the de facto leader of the team. I was hoping that seeing she was in the Hyborian age she might be more inclined to be a bit more lethal again but alas, Matt is still rubbing off on her. I'm a big fan of Cloak and Dagger and they are great in this too.
    Pepose's narration style is great - feels old school without being outdated. And he's said that Elektra and Dane are kind of the mom and dad of the team, so that'll be an interesting dynamic.

I was hoping for a lethal Elektra too, but reserving judgement for now. It's at least a challenge for her, which is more interesting than watching her effortlessly cut through lesser foes. But with Elektra getting very specific on Deathlok not being alive, she might start hitting harder!

Incredible Member

I think Zdarsky has got the essence and voice of Elektra spot on and he's giving us some great content. What I don't like is the retcons that make her life revolve around Matt so much, leading to her still wearing the DD mantle. I'm going to just ignore the Woman without Fear revelation. And look forward to the day she becomes her own woman again (hopefully in her own ongoing).
    You make a good point there actually. I know he gets fated a lot as a writer but he’s as fallible as the next person.

Some good stuff.

Interview with Zdarsky about next week's issue, suggesting they developments from Savage Avengers will impact the whole Red Fist vs Hand stuff:

https://www.manwithoutfear.com/dared...-Red-Fist-Saga

Preview for next week's DD:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...el-comics/amp/

And the preview for next week's Savage Avengers:

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...medium=twitter

These all look great! Great art in both previews and I'm curious as to how Savage Avengers is going to tie since Zdarsky pretty much ignored the last run. Maybe some of them will join Elektra in the Red Fist?

Extraordinary Member

That DD preview looks REALLY good! Can't wait!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm interested to see how it ties in too... from the preview we know the Savage Avengers are messing with some proto-Hand stuff so there could be some info Elektra uncovers. But we also know she and Matt are forming some kind of new team -- like you mentioned, maybe the Savage Avengers come in clutch or something.

Regardless, even if I'm not on 100% on board with a continued no-killing oath, we're getting some good content!

No comics are being delivered to the UK this week. Have to wait till next week for my Elektra fix.

Damn, sorry to hear! We'll definitely keep things spoiler free here

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Damn, sorry to hear! We'll definitely keep things spoiler free here
    Feel free to post in spoiler tags. I know I'm not going to be able to go another week without spoiling myself. I already have with the new X Men team revealed in the Hellfire Gala.

I'm taking this with a pinch of salt, but over on Twitter people are up ina arms over a rumour that Elodie Yung is out as Elektra, with her being replaced by Eiza Gonzalez in the new DD series.
    https://twitter.com/0uter_H3aven/sta...R-GAq55pA&s=19
    I'm not really buying it because some of the other SDCC rumours listed seem a bit too out there.

I'm taking this with a pinch of salt, but over on Twitter people are up ina arms over a rumour that Elodie Yung is out as Elektra, with her being replaced by Eiza Gonzalez in the new DD series.
    https://twitter.com/0uter_H3aven/sta...R-GAq55pA&s=19
    I'm not really buying it because some of the other SDCC rumours listed seem a bit too out there.
    I am hesitant to say it’s true but I could see it being true if Elodie Young’s schedule for The Cleaning Lady is keeping her from reprising the role.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I am hesitant to say it’s true but I could see it being true if Elodie Young’s schedule for The Cleaning Lady is keeping her from reprising the role.
    You're right, that could have an impact. Though with Fox owned by Disney I'd like to think they could come to an agreement for her to be able to do both

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

This is obviously completely fake news. It's all fancasting.

They kept fucking Black Bolt from the disastrous Inhumans show, I dont see why theyd recast Elektra.

Not really buying it either. Elodie's show could be a factor, but the first season was short and I think the second season is about the same length... hopefully that let's everyone work something out