Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Yep! Looking forward to reading it in the morning

WWF was interesting - this is the kind of narrative focus I was hoping Elektra would get once she took over the DD mantle. A good chunk of this is flashback, introducing us to a new character affiliated with the Hand, accompanied by some (I think) light retconning of her MWF appearances, and potentially her first kill for the Hand.

Either way, Zdarsky does a good job of balancing Elektra's internal dialogue and how it contrasts with how she presents herself. De Latorre's art is great, sometimes rivaling Checchetto - hoping we see more from him after this book. Blee's colors bring the whole package together.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Okay, first Black White and Blood came out today, and it was petty good! Definitely enjoying the anthology style
    I'm a week behind on everything. I loved the colors first and foremost. I haven't read Elektra Lives Again in a long time but, for some reason, the art reminded me of that.

I like the little anthologies we get, but the first was seemingly out of continuity and I don't know why that bothered me.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm a week behind on everything. I loved the colors first and foremost. I haven't read Elektra Lives Again in a long time but, for some reason, the art reminded me of that.

I like the little anthologies we get, but the first was seemingly out of continuity and I don't know why that bothered me.
    I thought the first was going to be in continuity with her fighting vampires until I realised she was actually turned. Then we saw she had a daughter as well! I knew the third one wasn't from the preview pages.

Liked the first issue of the Women without Fear. I am finding myself more interested in Elektra as a character than I have ever been outside of Miller's work on main title, so kudos to Zdarsky there!

Also, enjoyed the art as well, really well done and on-par with the bar set by Checchetto.

Lastly, I found it amusing that they had Elektra driving a Lexus LC500. That is my (somewhat) realistic dream car and was cool to see it on the page as the look of it is striking (especially in person!).

Astonishing Member

SPOILERS:

Is it just me, or does Kraven just not present much of a challenge for Elektra? I understand that "Kraven's Last Hunt" was a big deal and that she's chosen not to kill while wearing her DD suit, but that was also a very long time ago and it's not like Elektra's some rookie. She's quite possibly the most lethal assassin in the world and definitely one of the world's most skilled combatants.
    10 characters.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    SPOILERS:

10 characters.
    Is this really a spoiler? It’s in all the solicitations I thought. I enjoyed WWF, though some of the flashbacks had me a little confused. Why was she wearing her “Netflix” redesign in her early Hand days? Unless I’m confused and those were more recent moments…

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Is this really a spoiler? It’s in all the solicitations I thought. I enjoyed WWF, though some of the flashbacks had me a little confused. Why was she wearing her “Netflix” redesign in her early Hand days? Unless I’m confused and those were more recent moments…
    *shrugs*

I just figured it was on the last page and it was written into the story as if it was just some big reveal. I figured better safe than sorry.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

SPOILERS:

10 characters.
    Kraven's taken on Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member

SPOILERS:

10 characters.
    Kraven's taken on Spider-man and Venom in h2h w/ gear.

W/ prep he's way above street level and Lethal elektra's Paygrade

I'll provide feats if you want, but not here since this is her thread.Just saying Kraven is def. a good pick for her

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Kraven's taken on Spider-man and Venom in h2h w/ gear.

W/ prep he's way above street level and Lethal elektra's Paygrade
    Thing is, I don't consider Elektra necessarily street level the same way I consider Matt street level. I mean, SHIELD's hired her to help take down both Wolverine and The Hand (Wolverine went in full retreat mode when he realized he was losing, btw).

But yeah, if he's gifted with the magical prep-time that people use to deride Batman, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Kraven's taken on Spider-Man.
    And Elektra has taken on a Hulk!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    WWF was interesting - this is the kind of narrative focus I was hoping Elektra would get once she took over the DD mantle. A good chunk of this is flashback, introducing us to a new character affiliated with the Hand, accompanied by some (I think) light retconning of her MWF appearances, and potentially her first kill for the Hand.

Either way, Zdarsky does a good job of balancing Elektra's internal dialogue and how it contrasts with how she presents herself. De Latorre's art is great, sometimes rivaling Checchetto - hoping we see more from him after this book. Blee's colors bring the whole package together.
    I enjoyed it, there does seem to be some retconning as wasn't her original sensei her first kill for The Hand?

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    And Elektra has taken on a Hulk!
    She's taken on two (with help of course)! The Hand-resurrected Banner and Red She Hulk (whom she temporarily disabled with a well-placed sai)

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I enjoyed it, there does seem to be some retconning as wasn't her original sensei her first kill for The Hand?
    Yup. The more I think about it, the more I dislike the retcons. I don't mind adding Aka, but giving her an early Hand mission to recruit Matt is to close to her Netflix story with the Chaste, and makes it seem like the Hand recruited her to get to Matt (instead of recruiting her for her own talents). And making her kill some no-name lackey seriously negates the emotional impact of her first kill as told by Miller, and gave her descent into the Hand more weight imo.

I still really like everything around that, and I'm eager to see her face Kraven - he should be a really good challenge for Elektra

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

I get ya, it was a little jarring at first for me too, though I actually don't mind the approach. I will say, though, that they shouldn't have put the first and third stories in the same issue.