Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

I imagine that's 100% controversial in the Matt thread lol.

But... I agree. I think, when writers are inclined, that there's more to explore with a character like Elektra. Unfortunately, too often we get "stoic sexy badass" instead. So even if she's not in it as much as I like, I do like what Zdarsky is doing with her (minus retcons), and I'm especially pleased with how Pepose is writing her in Savage Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Maybe it’s controversial to say this, I don’t really know, but I find Elektra a lot more interesting and real as a character than Matt, he often seems to be characterised in a one note way of filtering everything through his guilt. Which yes is a big part of who he is but doesn’t stop it getting tiring at points.
    It's not controversial in this thread lol. I was a fan of Elektra before Daredevil, I started out with her nineties series before reading any DD stuff. She is a great character but writers need to move her on from repeated tropes like fighting Bullseye. I'm actually hopeful that once Zdarsky's run is finished, Elektra will move on from Matt and the Hand once and for all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    It's not controversial in this thread lol. I was a fan of Elektra before Daredevil, I started out with her nineties series before reading any DD stuff. She is a great character but writers need to move her on from repeated tropes like fighting Bullseye. I'm actually hopeful that once Zdarsky's run is finished, Elektra will move on from Matt and the Hand once and for all
    To an extent I agree, but I would really hope she wouldn't move away from martial arts-themed stories/enemies entirely.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

I hope so it feels like they’ve been re-treading some of the Hand stuff for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    To an extent I agree, but I would really hope she wouldn't move away from martial arts-themed stories/enemies entirely.
    Oh yeah there needs to be a martial arts element still. I'd like a return to the first arc of the Blackman/Del Mundo run that introduced an entirely new villain Bloody Lips, new support characters like Black Crow and visiting new unexpected locales like Monster Island.

Oh yeah there needs to be a martial arts element still. I'd like a return to the first arc of the Blackman/Del Mundo run that introduced an entirely new villain Bloody Lips, new support characters like Black Crow and visiting new unexpected locales like Monster Island.
    I kind of want them to revisit that pitch for Elektra to be like a space bounty-hunter or whatever (that was dropped because they did something similar with Bucky around that time).

Elektra is the perfect character to do just absolutely wild stories with a ninja assassin at the center

Extraordinary Member

I didn't particularly care for that run, but I'd be open if approached in a different way.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Savage Avengers #6 preview featuring Punisher 2099
    https://comic-watch.com/news/exclusi...age-avengers-6

I think the concept could work but I don't like when things get too nutty. I think Elektra works knowing there's a weird/dark/strange world out there and that some people in the Marvel Universe don't even know about it. One foot grounded and the other floating off into the weird/absurd. I think that's why I didn't love the Blackman run as much because it kind of went too absurd all of the time. I wish Wells stuck on and wrote it.

Some Elektra animation from Twitter and Tumblr.

Extraordinary Member

Anyone else read that Wolverine Enemy of the State was originally pitched by Millar as an Elektra story? Could you imagine how awesome that would've been if not altered from his original pitch?

Anyone else read that Wolverine Enemy of the State was originally pitched by Millar as an Elektra story? Could you imagine how awesome that would've been if not altered from his original pitch?
    This bums me out. Why couldn't it have stayed that way?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    This bums me out. Why couldn't it have stayed that way?
    Because Marvel think Wolvie's a bigger seller. It doesn't make it right, but I'm sure that's how they saw it, unfortunately. From what I remember of it, it probably would've gone something like Elektra has to hunt down Wolvie and take down The Hand, Hyrda, and the Gorgon, herself, instead of Wolvie doing it. God, I can't hep but think it would've been amazing. And I love that this is the story Millar originally wanted to tell instead of yet another Wolverine story (which it eventually became, anyway, but still).

Where did you read that? I enjoyed that story and you could tell Millar was a fan of Elektra with the feats she pulled. I don't think it was ever officially confirmed but I do think that Bendis was going to retcon EOTS to say it was Skrullektra at the time but thankfully Zeb Wells put a stop to that.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Some Elektra animation from Twitter and Tumblr.
    This dude wants to make an Elektra animated series so bad, and I want it too!