Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

I think is the first time Alex Ross has painted Elektra.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I can't say this is a great painting/drawing of her.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    This dude wants to make an Elektra animated series so bad, and I want it too!
    spoilers:
    Yes... I really do
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 10-05-2022 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I can't say this is a great painting/drawing of her.
    None of them look particularly good. It shows the lack of decent female villains when Elektra, Black Cat and Emma Frost are on there.

spoilers:
    Yes... I really do
    end of spoilers
    Ooh it's like having a celebrity on the forum!

I think so too. I wish it wasn't for a villains piece, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post

spoilers:
    Yes... I really do
    end of spoilers
    I really enjoy your work - it'll be a crime if Marvel doesn't make this happen!

My issue with Alex Ross' art is that... it feels like he has one body type for men (though they get more variation than the women do) and one for women where theres so many more variations he could do. Look at Elektra, sure... she has varied. Miller draws her more bulky/strong where as a lot draw her tall, lean but strong (like Sienkiewicz, who is my personal favorite). I find his work falls a little flat because of it.

Ooh it's like having a celebrity on the forum!
    I really enjoy your work - it'll be a crime if Marvel doesn't make this happen!
    Thanks, I'm trying. She's never been in any animated property yet and it's shocking to me. It'd be a dream to make... I have a whole pitch ready!

Extraordinary Member

That looks really good. I like the inclusion of the viking and the spartan amongst the Hand's dead. I haven't been quite as onboard with this current arc as I was with the previous series, but this issue may turn that around.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Well DD#4 went down just as we all expected with Elektra and Matt married, though how lawful the wedding is, is debatable. Would have liked more Elektra narration as it sort of annoyed me listening to Matt day how much he loved Kirsten but had to be with Elektra out of Duty. It still grinds on me the way she her life is constantly revolves around Matt in this run and this felt like another reminder of it. The close up of ger face when she found out Frank was running the Hand gave me some hope that Zdarsky is actually going to reference her previous relationship with him and acknowledge her life away from Matt.

Extraordinary Member

Well DD#4 went down just as we all expected with Elektra and Matt married, though how lawful the wedding is, is debatable. Would have liked more Elektra narration as it sort of annoyed me listening to Matt day how much he loved Kirsten but had to be with Elektra out of Duty. It still grinds on me the way she her life is constantly revolves around Matt in this run and this felt like another reminder of it. The close up of ger face when she found out Frank was running the Hand gave me some hope that Zdarsky is actually going to reference her previous relationship with him and acknowledge her life away from Matt.
    I get the frustration, but she's always going to be a supporting character supporting the main character in this book. The only way to get her to not be one is to take her out of the book.

If not here, ideally, I'd like to see her get her own series. That said, while I absolutely love the character, I just never really dug any of her ongoings (and Bendis and Rucka are two of my favorite writers). I did like that Black, White, and Blood/Red book, but that's about it.

I really wish Enemy of the State would've been the Elektra series Millar would've originally planned it to be. I'm not sure how people feel about his portrayal, but I liked it, personally.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

cant believe they finally tied the knot

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    cant believe they finally tied the knot
    Especially with Matt out there getting "smashed" by Jen Walters
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I think the argument is less that Elektra is a supporting character (a given, since it's not her book), but that her story is actively being re-written to reduce her agency and have every significant moment of her past center Matt.

She went from joining the Hand as a challenge to the Chaste and stemming from her own trauma to having been actively recruited for the sole purpose of trying to recruit Matt, for example.

For a great example of how to do it right, imo, check out Savage Avengers. Outside of her wearing her DD costume she is her own character, standing on her own abilities and agency despite being an ensemble. And her history with the Hand remains her own.

I think the argument is less that Elektra is a supporting character (a given, since it's not her book), but that her story is actively being re-written to reduce her agency and have every significant moment of her past center Matt.

She went from joining the Hand as a challenge to the Chaste and stemming from her own trauma to having been actively recruited for the sole purpose of trying to recruit Matt, for example.

For a great example of how to do it right, imo, check out Savage Avengers. Outside of her wearing her DD costume she is her own character, standing on her own abilities and agency despite being an ensemble. And her history with the Hand remains her own.
    Spot on Tsai. It's the reduction of her agency and making everything in her life about Matt. Savage is much better for her all round.

Love that account! Their weekend recaps of books Elektra is in are always great