Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I reckon we are going to get an Elektra on going after this.
    Safe bet. Not to unlike Ben Reilly over in ASM.

I tried the last two runs but both were pulled by or before issue 10. I'm leery to get on board what could be another short ride.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yeah, Elektra's last couple of solos were cut short (though I didn't mind with the last one, it just wasn't great). But the Blackman/del Mundo series was canceled way too soon. Regardless, I'll support whatever they put out, hoping that they actually support the series/character this time. Hell, I wouldn't mind a clearly stated mini that leads to get (semi) stable placement on a team again.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Yeah, Elektra's last couple of solos were cut short (though I didn't mind with the last one, it just wasn't great). But the Blackman/del Mundo series was canceled way too soon. Regardless, I'll support whatever they put out, hoping that they actually support the series/character this time. Hell, I wouldn't mind a clearly stated mini that leads to get (semi) stable placement on a team again.
    Yeah I'd be happy with a maxi series like the Punisher. And I agree with you about not minding the last series ending. It was garbage!

Well, looks like Elektra will still be appearing in Daredevil after DR!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...a-of-daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Well, looks like Elektra will still be appearing in Daredevil after DR!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...a-of-daredevil
    Hmmm....I want Elektra to be Elektra again now. She is her own woman and no need to carry on being DD now he's out of prison.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Did this story feel like essential reading? I've been skipping tie-ins aside from the Elektra one so far, but I wasn't sure if I should get more.
    For me, it was worth it for the art by Phil Noto. He renders an incredibly beautiful and elegant Elektra, imho.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I don't mind it as a place of where she starts, but it'd be nice to see her grow and become her own again and not another Daredevil. I feel like it will happen.

From Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I don't mind it as a place of where she starts, but it'd be nice to see her grow and become her own again and not another Daredevil. I feel like it will happen.

From Twitter
    I remember this fella. He really wants to do an Elektra cartoon so bad!

Incredible Member

Hmmm....I want Elektra to be Elektra again now. She is her own woman and no need to carry on being DD now he's out of prison.
    Yeah but I like her DD costume.

But there approaches to be DD are very different for example she makes no effort to conceal her identity unlike Matt who goes to great lengths to hide who he is.

D:WWF #2 Spoilers
    spoilers:
    The Art wasn’t bad. Not my favorite but it was good. Story wise… They really want to just keep tweaking and revising her history. I’m not sure how I feel about it.
    end of spoilers
    I remember this fella. He really wants to do an Elektra cartoon so bad!
    Truly

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

spoilers:
    This story has Elektra join the Hand before her father passed away
    end of spoilers

I'm trying to remember if that's a new retcon. I want to say Elektra: Root of Evil did it first, but it's hard to keep track. This definitely draws from The Man Without Fear without erasing Daredevil #168, which I appreciate if you're going to draw from that story. Still, her original origin story had wonderful symmetry. Matt's father died and he became Daredevil. Elektra's father died and she joined the Hand.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    spoilers:
    This story has Elektra join the Hand before her father passed away
    end of spoilers

I'm trying to remember if that's a new retcon. I want to say Elektra: Root of Evil did it first, but it's hard to keep track. This definitely draws from The Man Without Fear without erasing Daredevil #168, which I appreciate if you're going to draw from that story. Still, her original origin story had wonderful symmetry. Matt's father died and he became Daredevil. Elektra's father died and she joined the Hand.
    Exactly. I don't know so much about Root of Evil (it's very hard to get past the awful art/colors) but I always appreciated her leaving and going down a similar yet different path than Matt with his fathers death. We have one issue left... I don't know how well this will wrap up, or if it will just tease what's coming in the relaunch of Daredevil.

Yeah... I would enjoy this story so much more if it wasn't so hellbent on canonizing MWF, thereby stripping her backstory (between her father's death and subsequent re-emergence after leaving the Hand) of everything that made it interesting. And - more critically - the stuff that didn't leave Matt as the absolute center of who she is and why she does what she does. I get it, she started as a side character for DD, but it's been 40 years. She's long outgrown her dependence on Matt.