Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Looks like Elektra's joining another team, and art suggests she'll retain the DD mantle

https://www.gamesradar.com/hulkverin...ferent-marvel/

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Looks like Elektra's joining another team, and art suggests she'll retain the DD mantle

interesting. will she be the leader of the group?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    interesting. will she be the leader of the group?
    I'd like to see her lead a team - I think she's actually quite the tactical thinker, and could be pretty good in the role.

Extraordinary Member

I'd like to see her lead a team - I think she's actually quite the tactical thinker, and could be pretty good in the role.
    I mean, she may not be great at figuring out NOT to kill an adversary, but if the mission is straight up search and destroy leaving absolutely no survivors, few really compare.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

And it's Savage Avengers! Glad to see Elektra still associated with the Avengers brand wonder how official they'll be this time

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/14...ec2XZl2oQ&s=19

And it's Savage Avengers! Glad to see Elektra still associated with the Avengers brand wonder how official they'll be this time

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/14...ec2XZl2oQ&s=19
    Hmmm...As long as it's not just Conan and friends like the last volume I can be down with it. I love Cloak and Dagger (especially Dagger) so I'll be picking this up.

Yeah... I would enjoy this story so much more if it wasn't so hellbent on canonizing MWF, thereby stripping her backstory (between her father's death and subsequent re-emergence after leaving the Hand) of everything that made it interesting. And - more critically - the stuff that didn't leave Matt as the absolute center of who she is and why she does what she does. I get it, she started as a side character for DD, but it's been 40 years. She's long outgrown her dependence on Matt.
    Yeah, the whole Man Without Fear canonizing started way back... in Bendis' run in Daredevil #37, by referencing the scene in MWF #3.

Yeah... I would enjoy this story so much more if it wasn't so hellbent on canonizing MWF, thereby stripping her backstory (between her father's death and subsequent re-emergence after leaving the Hand) of everything that made it interesting. And - more critically - the stuff that didn't leave Matt as the absolute center of who she is and why she does what she does. I get it, she started as a side character for DD, but it's been 40 years. She's long outgrown her dependence on Matt.
    Totally agree. Whilst it's great that we're getting so much Elektra content, I feel it's starting to come at the expense of her own agency. Everything is revolving around Matt right down to her now keeping his DD identity. The constant muddling of her origin and history is unnecessary and is again making everything about Matt even more so!

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Yeah, the whole Man Without Fear canonizing started way back... in Bendis' run in Daredevil #37, by referencing the scene in MWF #3.
    I know it's been a thing for awhile, but I'm not happier about it now than in the past y'know?

I can't stand her being in Savage Avengers. I don't get the appeal of Conan being in Marvel comics, I don't understand what a bloated cast it is and how Elektra will always fall by the wayside while the rest does more interesting things. The only major thing she did in the past version was... sleep with Doctor Strange? I'd rather a more... interesting Avengers title that's more black-ops/Mission Impossible like.
    I know it's been a thing for awhile, but I'm not happier about it now than in the past y'know?
    Oh totally. Just been a long time coming... I don't understand what the new character will bring for Elektra but it just seems... confusing. Is Root of Evil worth reading?

Going to be Conan centric, with Deathlok hunting him down.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I can't stand her being in Savage Avengers. I don't get the appeal of Conan being in Marvel comics, I don't understand what a bloated cast it is and how Elektra will always fall by the wayside while the rest does more interesting things. The only major thing she did in the past version was... sleep with Doctor Strange? I'd rather a more... interesting Avengers title that's more black-ops/Mission Impossible like.

Oh totally. Just been a long time coming... I don't understand what the new character will bring for Elektra but it just seems... confusing. Is Root of Evil worth reading?
    I get it - I'm trying to be optimistic that she'll be more of a presence this time around haha (or move on to another team/prominent role).

Honestly, I haven't read Root of Evil in awhile, but I remember it being pretty messed. They gave her a weird romantic past with one of the villains that did not improve things at all. It was also a poor showing of her trying to put a team together

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Going to be Conan centric, with Deathlok hunting him down.
    At least with them apparently being in the Hyborian age, there's less chance that Elektra with just suddenly disappear from the lineup until they need someone stabbed in a background panel?

At least with them apparently being in the Hyborian age, there's less chance that Elektra with just suddenly disappear from the lineup until they need someone stabbed in a background panel?
    True! I wonder if the writer will remember that Elektra and Flash know each other from when they were both Thunderbolts? I do actually like the majority of the cast, it's only Conan himself I'm not too fussed on!

Carlos Magno pencils from his Twitter