Page 9 of 271 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The original miniseries depicted Kraven as still being active, so that might point to a divergence point before Kraven's Last Hunt, which happened right on the tail of Peter and MJ's marriage (even if the timelines are otherwise similar). On the other hand, there are quite a few contradictions and retcons between the 2015 mini and the subsequent ongoing (advanced tech disappears, dead characters are alive, the Regent's rule seems to have been much shorter, etc.), so that info might be suspect. The main miniseries did show that the Clone Saga seemed to have happened as normal, possibly putting a divergence between that and Civil War.

On the other hand, there were some places that seemed to suggest that RYV was always a separate if similar timeline, due to minor cosmetic differences in character costumes
    It's also possible a version of Grim Hunt happened in RYV's world to have a resurrected Kraven.

But then again, Slott mentioned that he prefers Kraven to be dead, which's why Kraven never showed up during his run, so him being in RYV at all might mean KLH didn't happen, or at least, it happened but didn't end with Kraven killing himself.

But yeah, RYV is probably like MC2, where there's a specific big point of change (Spidey had a different fight with Norman in 90's Final Chapter, was injured and retired), but there were other changes that happened before (Like Anya debutting while Spidey was active), so it follows similar beats but was different anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Anyone smiled like I did when Ben Reilly Spider-man issue 1, they mention that Peter and MJ went to Portland expecting their first child? Acknowledgment of Mary Jane Pregnancy during the Clone saga, AMEN.
    Finally confirmation on this issue. Thank you JM DeMatteis.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

ja.JPG

Worded cover for MJ/BC

Ultimate Member

I don't think that either has fit the damsel stereotype in awhile anyway...though I get the point, but both look great...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that either has fit the damsel stereotype in awhile anyway...though I get the point, but both look great...
    i mean mj was during sinister war
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    At least once Spidey had to save Felicia, think it was during that Otto/Owl war in Spectacular Spider-Man, after her return in #74, though that was after she was injured while fighting, and I think MJ was a typical damsel on the 70's a few times before they dropped that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    ja.JPG

Worded cover for MJ/BC
    Especially in that black leather .

Extraordinary Member

Hey PeterMJ possibly breaking up

I hate it here

An interviewer from NYT asked Feige and Pascal about whether Zendaya's MJ would wear the Iron-Spider suit like in the comics and Feige's answer is soo "You don't really care about Comics MJ but just Zendaya" that it's eyeroll inducing.

Speaking of women, are we ever going to see a woman with superpowers alongside Spider-Man? Isn’t there a story line in the comics where MJ gets to take the Iron Spider armor for a spin?

PASCAL Never say never. [She offers a coy smile.]

FEIGE We have a lot of story lines, Brooks! A lot of story lines. It comes down to these great, great actors. My guess is your question is less about what MJ did in the comics and more about “Zendaya is really great. Can we see more of her?”
    Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/17/m...-way-home.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    An interviewer from NYT asked Feige and Pascal about whether Zendaya's MJ would wear the Iron-Spider suit like in the comics and Feige's answer is soo "You don't really care about Comics MJ but just Zendaya" that it's eyeroll inducing.

BRUH

Is.. is the PeterMJ break up for MCU synergy

No, just a marriage hating writer apparently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    BRUH

Is.. is the PeterMJ break up for MCU synergy
    I guess the status quo of Spidey being hated by everyone for no reason can be compared to MCU's "Everyone forgot about Peter Parker", but I doubt that's the case, Spidey tends to not be affected by MCU synergy to the point there were no efforts made to try to make him into Stark's sidekick again, but who knows.

It's probably just Zeb Wells trying to get rid of MJ though, assuming this is actually happening and isn't bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I guess the status quo of Spidey being hated by everyone for no reason can be compared to MCU's "Everyone forgot about Peter Parker", but I doubt that's the case, Spidey tends to not be affected by MCU synergy to the point there were no efforts made to try to make him into Stark's sidekick again, but who knows.

It's probably just Zeb Wells trying to get rid of MJ though, assuming this is actually happening and isn't bait.
    I think it's bait and if anything it will be resolved by 900

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

People really are obsessed with putting people in costumes.

MJ gonna be awesome in the one-shot next week