Page 170 of 271 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4059
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Fantasy...or flashback?
    I thought of fantasy at first glance, but after a second looks more like a flashback

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I thought of fantasy at first glance, but after a second looks more like a flashback
    It could be either or, but it seems like this could be their first time seeing each other since they separated

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It could be either or, but it seems like this could be their first time seeing each other since they separated
    First time seeing, but not hearing from each other.

BANNED

One comment on the page has a theory that

spoilers:
    Norman and Paul are one and the same because both aren't seen on-panel and Norman uses a quick Parker excuse to change
    end of spoilers

While I think he's obviously joking, prior comments from Rich and plot twists from Superior lend a precedent to this theory.

BANNED

OK, weird theories aside...read more of it...

spoilers:
    MJ is appreciative of Peter's apology and is about to tell him the 'truth' about how she feels before Paul interrupts
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Remember that phone call with Paul and an unseen MJ in ASM 3, and it’s implied Paul may have been violent in the past (“that one time”) and there was a big discussion on the boards as to whether Paul was joking or Paul had really been violent?

I’m guessing this is the flashback to “that one time.” spoilers:
    Everyone is wearing different clothes, so it’s not a fantasy based on the moment.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The girl shares a strong similarity with MJ, but there's no way she's actually her mom... Directly.

I heard somewhere that this new run is going to be like a mix of OMD and Sins Past. Taking the events of Sins Past... Do you think maybe these kids are actually something like Gabriel and Sarah? They could be "clones" created from Peter and MJ's DNA!! Then again, if it's true, that means these kids could end up like Gabriel and Sarah and "melt" by the clone degeneration problem. I think that might be too violent for a comic.
    The comment about OMD/Sins Past was a headline in reference only to ASM #1, and it was pure speculation from Bleeding Cool, I believe. So I would not take that as indication this is what the run is about.

As for the kids melting, this is Zeb Wells. The same guy who wrote the Lizard eating his own child on the page in ASM.

Melting is tame for Wells.

OK, weird theories aside...read more of it...

spoilers:
    MJ is appreciative of Peter's apology and is about to tell him the 'truth' about how she feels before Paul interrupts
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe. But Peter is apologizing for calling/stalking her, not about whatever broke up therm. She also doesn’t seem all that sad about Peter saying he will never call/stalk her again. And when she says “to tell the truth” she has the same blank look on her face when she says “thank you.” She also mentions the kids and Peter doesn’t react, so I’m guessing he knows about the kids.

This is a very hard scene to read any subtext. JRJR keeps her face blank, probably on purpose which is also Bleeding Cool’s take, but then while I love JRJR, he’s not the best at faces. There’s no indication she’s sad or regretful or still has feelings for Peter. She has one side glance at Peter as she leaves but that could mean anything. And of course, Wells is still keeping his hand slapped over their mouths so they can’t tell the reader what they know/feel so Wells can preserve his wholly artificial and contrived mystery box.

Paul does seem very possessive. Maybe he and Felicia from ASM 900 can get into a possessive dance off

I’m getting the indication the Paul and MJ thing is going to played straight, he’s just a guy she is now living with, it will be a coincidence the girl looks like her and Wells just writes MJ poorly and out of character :shrug
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 08-10-2022 at 07:51 AM.

spoilers:
    I still don't understand if Wells wants to create drama like in Straczynski's run (only it's not Straczynski's fault that MJ and Peter weren't together at the start of his run), or does he really want to ruin their relationship? Why then do that scene where Mary Jane turns around and looks at Peter.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    spoilers:
    I’m getting the indication the Paul and MJ thing is going to played straight, he’s just a guy she is now living with, it will be a coincidence the girl looks like her and Wells just writes MJ poorly and out of character :shrug
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think so, you said it yourself, Paul is possessive, and through either fantasy or flashback, has been abusive to Peter, he's someone with a mean streak, someone like that having kids is a red flag, and it would make all the narrative sense in the world to drive MJ towards a plotline that calls back to the kind of harmful behaviour she saw in her own family. She could be involved entirely with the kids for their sake, not Pauls', to either make their lives better or to eventually get them away from him.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

LOL this looks like it's a Moira/Greycrow issue with a Logan/Spidey team up and MJ is barely in it after she goes through the portal.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    I don't think so, you said it yourself, Paul is possessive, and through either fantasy or flashback, has been abusive to Peter, he's someone with a mean streak, someone like that having kids is a red flag, and it would make all the narrative sense in the world to drive MJ towards a plotline that calls back to the kind of harmful behaviour she saw in her own family. She could be involved entirely with the kids for their sake, not Pauls', to either make their lives better or to eventually get them away from him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If MJ wants to get the kids away, she can. She doesn't need to wait. She has tons of resources. If Paul is truly abusive, then she is guilty of letting them stay in a dangerous situation and endangering their health. And it is a bad example for readers to show MJ staying in an abusive household and not trying to leave.
    end of spoilers Just sayin'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    spoilers:
    If MJ wants to get the kids away, she can. She doesn't need to wait. She has tons of resources.
    end of spoilers Just sayin'
    spoilers:
    We may see those resources utilised in due course (MJ/Black Cat titel)

It's a delicate situation, it always is in these dramas. You have to factor in how the kids think and feel, they may not have the right sense to understand abuse the way MJ did, one of them may side with Paul despite the abuse and think MJ is a danger to them rather than the opposite
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    We may see those resources utilised in due course (MJ/Black Cat titel)

It's a delicate situation, it always is in these dramas. You have to factor in how the kids think and feel, they may not have the right sense to understand abuse the way MJ did, one of them may side with Paul despite the abuse and think MJ is a danger to them rather than the opposite
    end of spoilers
    Not interested in getting into a back and forth.

I will just say that if anyone in the real world has knowledge that kids are in an abusive or dangerous situation, then that person has a moral and legal obligation to report the abuse/danger and to have the kids removed from the dangerous situation. The children have no say. Their health and welfare is at stake. Period. No discussion.

BANNED

I’m going to say it, I think Paul is spoilers:
    the new hobgoblin, he was snooping around oscorp and he’s using MJ to look after his kids and she’s keeping Peter away or Paul will kill loved ones or some lame excuse.

We know wells can’t write MJ so this wouldn’t surprise me if she’s being this dumb and it’s a terrible “twist” that Lowe would get giddy over.

As for the other mystery box, who the F cares, it’ll be stupid as well.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    I’m going to say it, I think Paul is spoilers:
    the new hobgoblin, he was snooping around oscorp and he’s using MJ to look after his kids and she’s keeping Peter away or Paul will kill loved ones or some lame excuse.

We know wells can’t write MJ so this wouldn’t surprise me if she’s being this dumb and it’s a terrible “twist” that Lowe would get giddy over.

As for the other mystery box, who the F cares, it’ll be stupid as well.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Possible spoilers for the Hobgoblin arc... Romita Jr. has a video (instagram) where you can see a drawing of Hobgoblin holding child in his arms. Most likely, this is Ned Leeds, but it could also be Paul.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Kanos; 08-10-2022 at 11:44 AM.