Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101
Results 1,501 to 1,507 of 1507
  1. #1501
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Given the sheer number of iconic love interests in Marvel who no longer support their soul mates, neither can they.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Pre-OMD MJ was the MVP

    BND MJ is kinda a terrible person
    Character detraction is a feature of why I would never want to date a superhero. Should it strike a writer/editor's fancy, wo/men will find their personalities swiftly derailed. She's not "perfect", but I think fans are overly critical of OMD Mary Jane's personality. They have that right, and criticizing how writers use the fictional character is valid. Her personality has been mishandled, and she often doesn't feel like herself. The individual herself is trivialized, flanderized, and made out to be an idiot to serve the plot. The writing treats her as less than deserving of Peter, frequently for unjustified reasons. But it doesn't seem "fair" to me? I think plenty of her misgivings are natural. If I were a woman, I wouldn't have associated with Spider-man if I had to date Slott's Peter Parker. Why would a grown woman want to be saddled with a manchild?
    He matured, she let him back into her life again, and unspecified hell followed. Now she's going to be fed to a character assassinated Scottish cyborg. The woman deserves some kudos for sympathy, if nothing else.

  2. #1502
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    But it doesn't seem "fair" to me? I think plenty of her misgivings are natural
    Nothing about a universe brought about by a devil deal is 'natural', you can't trust how she reacts at all anymore in light of OMD.MJ always had unshakable faith in Peter prior to it, and now it can be shattered more easily than previously at any time for the flimsiest of reasons.

  3. #1503
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    18

    Default

    What is she up to now? Last I checked she was in a Iron Man book...is she alone or is she just a side character?

  4. #1504
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky99 View Post
    What is she up to now? Last I checked she was in a Iron Man book...is she alone or is she just a side character?
    Iron Man and Spider-Man had some creative team shuffles, so she went back to Spider-Man and she and Peter got back together. He was even planning to propose.

    Then that went nowhere.

    ASM got a new rotating creative team after that, and a terrible story about Ben Reilly coming back and going evil. Then the main writer of the Ben goes evil arc took over full time, did a time skip, and now everyone hates Peter/Spider-Man and he and MJ are broken up yet again.

    Aren't comics fun?

    Oh, and Moira MacTaggert from X-Men turned out to be a mutant, and then she was de-powered and made a cyborg and attacked MJ, maybe taking over her body (fans are already using the nickname "Moira Jane") and maybe this happened in between the time skip and the new break-up or maybe it didn't.

  5. #1505
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Iron Man and Spider-Man had some creative team shuffles, so she went back to Spider-Man and she and Peter got back together. He was even planning to propose.

    Then that went nowhere.

    ASM got a new rotating creative team after that, and a terrible story about Ben Reilly coming back and going evil. Then the main writer of the Ben goes evil arc took over full time, did a time skip, and now everyone hates Peter/Spider-Man and he and MJ are broken up yet again.

    Aren't comics fun?

    Oh, and Moira MacTaggert from X-Men turned out to be a mutant, and then she was de-powered and made a cyborg and attacked MJ, maybe taking over her body (fans are already using the nickname "Moira Jane") and maybe this happened in between the time skip and the new break-up or maybe it didn't.
    Sounds like a gimmick elseworlds story. Sad.

  6. #1506
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    7,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Character detraction is a feature of why I would never want to date a superhero. Should it strike a writer/editor's fancy, wo/men will find their personalities swiftly derailed. She's not "perfect", but I think fans are overly critical of OMD Mary Jane's personality. They have that right, and criticizing how writers use the fictional character is valid. Her personality has been mishandled, and she often doesn't feel like herself. The individual herself is trivialized, flanderized, and made out to be an idiot to serve the plot. The writing treats her as less than deserving of Peter, frequently for unjustified reasons. But it doesn't seem "fair" to me? I think plenty of her misgivings are natural. If I were a woman, I wouldn't have associated with Spider-man if I had to date Slott's Peter Parker. Why would a grown woman want to be saddled with a manchild?
    He matured, she let him back into her life again, and unspecified hell followed. Now she's going to be fed to a character assassinated Scottish cyborg. The woman deserves some kudos for sympathy, if nothing else.
    I disagree, I think fans are fairly critical of her specially compared to Pre-OMD MJ

    OMD MJ has consistently never been able to make her mind up, switches on Peter constantly, berates him even when he's already at his lows(superior, ANAD,OMIT), etc.

    Spencer's MJ was much better, still no Pre-OMD MJ but actually a compassionate human being.

  7. #1507
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I disagree, I think fans are fairly critical of her specially compared to Pre-OMD MJ

    OMD MJ has consistently never been able to make her mind up, switches on Peter constantly, berates him even when he's already at his lows(superior, ANAD,OMIT), etc.

    Spencer's MJ was much better, still no Pre-OMD MJ but actually a compassionate human being.
    MJ's not a real person. She can't do anything the writers and editors don't want her to do. And that they're going in this direction again shows they don't have much in the way of actual creativity in how to handle these characters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •