Page 8 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ah, yeah. I really wish that arc had been somewhat longer, at least to flesh out more of the RYV setting outside the Spider-Family.
    At the very least, it could be long enough to have a proper fight with Magneto, 'cause MJ defeating both him and Emma with one punch is completely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Civil War not happening would explain One More Day not happening, and therefore Annie's existence. Peter would've never outed his identity. One More Day happened BECAUSE of Civil War.
    And it seems that there were other changes before either one too, Stark talks like he doesn't know Spidey's secret identity, so that means JMS' run didn't happen too, and aunt May seems to have died before Annie was born, and she had the classic hair style, so maybe she died back in ASM#400, or at some point afterwards.

But yeah, again, the big change is Civil War not happening, that prevents Spidey's life from becoming a bigger shithole.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    At the very least, it could be long enough to have a proper fight with Magneto, 'cause MJ defeating both him and Emma with one punch is completely ridiculous.

And it seems that there were other changes before either one too, Stark talks like he doesn't know Spidey's secret identity, so that means JMS' run didn't happen too, and aunt May seems to have died before Annie was born, and she had the classic hair style, so maybe she died back in ASM#400, or at some point afterwards.

But yeah, again, the big change is Civil War not happening, that prevents Spidey's life from becoming a bigger shithole.
    Yeah, that would have been cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Very unlikely, yes. But not ridiculous. Emma and Magneto did a classic villain mistake: They gloat so much about their Mutant Powers and their "Superiority" than they let their guards down and didn't pay attention to MJ as they saw it "inferior". Big mistake, because she used Peter's powers to caught them with their guards down and knock them out quickly if a powerful combination of Spider's strength and speed. Besides, they hurt their little girl previously, and Spider-Mom has proved that making a mom angry is big mistake; even more if she has access to Spider-Powers. Don't you remember the beating she gave to the Moloids when they tried to kidnap Annie?

Unlikely?, possibly. Ridiculous?, not al all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Very unlikely, yes. But not ridiculous. Emma and Magneto did a classic villain mistake: They gloat so much about their Mutant Powers and their "Superiority" than they let their guards down and didn't pay attention to MJ as they saw it "inferior". Big mistake, because she used Peter's powers to caught them with their guards down and knock them out quickly if a powerful combination of Spider's strength and speed. Besides, they hurt their little girl previously, and Spider-Mom has proved that making a mom angry is big mistake; even more if she has access to Spider-Powers. Don't you remember the beating she gave to the Moloids when they tried to kidnap Annie?

Unlikely?, possibly. Ridiculous?, not al all.
    Magneto is so strong that even Spidey with parts of the Captain universe powers didn't really defeat him (Magneto left before the fight could be finished, but he lasted a really long time), an arc that Conway was even the one who wrote (Conway is also the writer of that arc in RYV), though he didn't write the ASM fight where Spidey fights Magneto, but still, in RYV he was actively fighting the Spiders by that point, hardly gloating, and then MJ easily defeats him just like that.

Basically, even if the possibility of Magneto losing because he was over confident can happen, it didn't really seem to be what was happening in that story, and, y'know, it's just ridiculous to have him lose in such an embarassing way that has the battle ending like 10 seconds after the battle started, making the whole conflict anti-climatic, makes it look like the Magneto from RYV is only slightly more competent than the Magneto from that F4 cartoon, y'know, the one who lost to a fucking wooden gun.

Astonishing Member

Magneto is so strong that even Spidey with parts of the Captain universe powers didn't really defeat him (Magneto left before the fight could be finished, but he lasted a really long time), an arc that Conway was even the one who wrote (Conway is also the writer of that arc in RYV), though he didn't write the ASM fight where Spidey fights Magneto, but still, in RYV he was actively fighting the Spiders by that point, hardly gloating, and then MJ easily defeats him just like that.

Basically, even if the possibility of Magneto losing because he was over confident can happen, it didn't really seem to be what was happening in that story, and, y'know, it's just ridiculous to have him lose in such an embarassing way that has the battle ending like 10 seconds after the battle started, making the whole conflict anti-climatic, makes it look like the Magneto from RYV is only slightly more competent than the Magneto from that F4 cartoon, y'know, the one who lost to a fucking wooden gun.
    Like I said, Magneto was caught with the guard down, that can happen to anyone. As powerful as anyone can be, if you don't pay attention to what's important, it can be its downfall.

Besides, for bad guys who always gloat about their "superiority" and presume of their power, there's no way more suitable to defeat them that one that proves how idiots they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Like I said, Magneto was caught with the guard down, that can happen to anyone. As powerful as anyone can be, if you don't pay attention to what's important, it can be its downfall.

Besides, for bad guys who always gloat about their "superiority" and presume of their power, there's no way more suitable to defeat them that one that proves how idiots they really are.
    And that's boringly anti-climatic, even made it look like MJ is Conway's pet character who can do this kind of thing casually.

Super-heroes are supposed to be fun stories, defeating a villain in one panel who was build up as a threat for a few issues ain't fun, so yeah, I'm against stories having battles this boring, specially if it gets a character like Magneto jobbed like he's Ultimate Shocker lol.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Next week MJ should be in 2 comics next week. Good way to end the month of the new year

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Next week MJ should be in 2 comics next week. Good way to end the month of the new year
    Which will be spectacular, I'm certain.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Big fan, glad MJ and Peter are back in recent years! (I haven't read the Spencer run but it's high on my list.)

I've seen some previews and pages of the first couple Beyond issues, her being by Peter's side there etc. Anything of note with them so far? I notice Zeb is writing some issues, so I'm curious what I might end up missing if I jump from Spencer right to the new Zeb/JRJr #1.

Filler issues mostly and MJ is there for Peter and not missing much, but until we get more info look for at the moment a reg transition into new era

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Cool, thanks! I'm guessing maybe the final issue or two of Beyond might have a bit more MJ and Peter, for the hand-off.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    Cool, thanks! I'm guessing maybe the final issue or two of Beyond might have a bit more MJ and Peter, for the hand-off.

Should but also look out next week is a MJ and Black cat one shot

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I always seen this and the MC2 as diverge timelines. I wonder at what point was this universe created in the 616?
    The original miniseries depicted Kraven as still being active, so that might point to a divergence point before Kraven's Last Hunt, which happened right on the tail of Peter and MJ's marriage (even if the timelines are otherwise similar). On the other hand, there are quite a few contradictions and retcons between the 2015 mini and the subsequent ongoing (advanced tech disappears, dead characters are alive, the Regent's rule seems to have been much shorter, etc.), so that info might be suspect. The main miniseries did show that the Clone Saga seemed to have happened as normal, possibly putting a divergence between that and Civil War.

On the other hand, there were some places that seemed to suggest that RYV was always a separate if similar timeline, due to minor cosmetic differences in character costumes
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Anyone smiled like I did when Ben Reilly Spider-man issue 1, they mention that Peter and MJ went to Portland expecting their first child? Acknowledgment of Mary Jane Pregnancy during the Clone saga, AMEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Anyone smiled like I did when Ben Reilly Spider-man issue 1, they mention that Peter and MJ went to Portland expecting their first child? Acknowledgment of Mary Jane Pregnancy during the Clone saga, AMEN.
    i smiled when it was mentioned aunt may was gone
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy