Page 195 of 271 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 4059
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    Personally, in my honest opinion, the Scarlet MJ fan design is still her best Spider-hero themed look, which is why I made a mod for Spider-Man on PC based on the design a while back:

Attachment 124936
    Attachment 124937
    Attachment 124938
    Very nice. And yeah, FooRay did well with that one. Given how Spider-Gwen's Em Jay became the new Carnage in King in Black: Gwenom vs. Carnage and the end of that tie-in revealed she still had a bit of the symbiote inside her . . . I was looking forward to her doing similar to her animated Ultimate Spider-Man self and using that piece of symbiote to become Earth-65 Scarlet Spider.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    That's sad. Still miss every interaction MJ had with the rest of the Avengers, and all the shenanigans Stark pulled on her (LOL):

yes, Stark and Wolverine were really funny with her !! the funny part is that when she's gone working for Stark, neither of them remember this time at avengers tower.... Bendis is really not good with continuity...
    p.s. could you be so kind to help me with posting pictures ??? I really cannot understand how to post them like you do...

They don't remember her being there because of One More Day. If Peter's secret identity wasn't known to them, why would either MJ or Aunt May have moved in with the Avengers?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

It was known, Strange just erased their memories in post OMD timeline.
    Even though it's not clear, why he couldn't do it before that, lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I'm still convinced that the OMIT spell was itself just an altered memory from Mephisto implanted in all the heroes to make it look like they had control and agency of the situation. It's all but confirmed by Spencer's run this is the case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They don't remember her being there because of One More Day. If Peter's secret identity wasn't known to them, why would either MJ or Aunt May have moved in with the Avengers?
    not true. The one more day thing was that Peter didn't go to the marriage, and so they never became husband and wife, but then they made peace and their story is exactly the same, they have done the same things, only they were a couple not married. In issues after the one more day event, they talk about things happened when they were married, with the obky difference that they weren't married. They have not deleted 15 years of spidey's story, I assure you
    In fact, while Bendis in Iron Man write Mj and Tony as if they have never met, Slott in Amazing write them as if they had !!!

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
    yes, Stark and Wolverine were really funny with her !! the funny part is that when she's gone working for Stark, neither of them remember this time at avengers tower.... Bendis is really not good with continuity...
    p.s. could you be so kind to help me with posting pictures ??? I really cannot understand how to post them like you do...
    OMG! So true!! Logan/Stark/Cap interactions were priceless (IMHO):

BANNED

not true. The one more day thing was that Peter didn't go to the marriage, and so they never became husband and wife, but then they made peace and their story is exactly the same, they have done the same things)
    When Peter and MJ 'made peace' after the failed wedding, the condition was MJ would only continue to be involved with Peter if they didn't have kids.

If they had done the same things they would not have separated so easily after OMD, it's established pretty firmly in Spencer's run that Mephisto had a hand in corrupting their love because they otherwise would have produced a daughter that would defeat him.

So yeah, 20 years of story was deleted, the child was essential to the marriage, and now that marriage isn't remembered by either character.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 09-25-2022 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    Personally, in my honest opinion, the Scarlet MJ fan design is still her best Spider-hero themed look, which is why I made a mod for Spider-Man on PC based on the design a while back:

Attachment 124936
    Attachment 124937
    Attachment 124938
    I've liked that design since I first saw it and always thought it a waste that Marvel never made it canon to the multiverse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    When Peter and MJ 'made peace' after the failed wedding, the condition was MJ would only continue to be involved with Peter if they didn't have kids.

If they had done the same things they would not have separated so easily after OMD, it's established pretty firmly in Spencer's run that Mephisto had a hand in corrupting their love because they otherwise would have produced a daughter that would defeat him.

So yeah, 20 years of story was deleted, the child was essential to the marriage, and now that marriage isn't remembered by either character.
    no, they have not. When Mj was working for Stark, she and Tony do not remember their past at Avengers tower in Iron Man written by Bendis. But she and Tony appeared not only in Iron Man, but in amazing Spider-Man too, and there they remember. The problem is Bendis, do not try to protect him, with continuity he always does disasters (like the Hawkeye/Moondragon relationship, never happened; the Gamora/Thor relationship, never happened and a million others).
    Peter, Mj, Osborne, aunt May and everyone else remember things that Peter and Mj have done when they were married, only that they weren't. They have deleted nothing of 20 years of Spidey's story. Not even a minute

BANNED

I wasn't 'protecting' Bendis.

Peter, Mj, Osborne, aunt May and everyone else remember things that Peter and Mj have done when they were married, only that they weren't. They have deleted nothing of 20 years of Spidey's story. Not even a minute
    Peter and MJ would not have broken up so easily if they remembered every specific detail about their relationship. The relationship MJ said meant something to her and not something she would do 'in between' other relationships. We are not the idiots Marvel believe us to be, MJ gave Peter conditions for them to still be together after the failed wedding, and not having kids was one of them. How then do you explain the years they spent while MJ was pregnant?

20 years were deleted. This is arguable.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 09-25-2022 at 10:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I wasn't 'protecting' Bendis.

Peter and MJ would not have broken up so easily if they remembered every specific detail about their relationship. The relationship MJ said meant something to her and not something she would do 'in between' other relationships. We are not the idiots Marvel believe us to be, MJ gave Peter conditions for them to still be together after the failed wedding, and not having kids was one of them. How then do you explain the years they spent while MJ was pregnant?

20 years were deleted. This is arguable.
    the years while she was pregnant ? she's human, she'll not be pregnant for years... and Yes, she's been pregnant of little May, the child they lose, this is still part of their story, as everything else. Everything of their story is just the same, in the first "line" they were married, in the second they are just a couple, but the story is the same. I think you're building too much with your own fantasy and speculation. Anyway, it's part of what we like in comics, don't we ? and who am I to forbid you to do so ? you can think as you wish, no problem for me

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! So true!! Logan/Stark/Cap interactions were priceless (IMHO):

Mary Jane is a popular woman .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So Renew Your Vows isn't the only MJ who's a superhero. But why did they use MJ instead of Jessica or Julia?
    It's a wacky re-imagining of Spidey, why would they pick relative nobodies like Jessica or Julia when they could use the way more popular MJ?

In ASM itself when Stark showed up in vol 4 (In that Power Play arc with Regent), Stark does kinda remember it at least, but he doesn't really seem to remember the details that well.

MJ should remember the entire thing, and she does in ASM, but in Iron Man, yeah, Bendis...

It's better to upload pictures in websites like tumblr, discord, twitter or imgur and post them here, with the link of the image being between [img] and [/ img] (no spaces).

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's also funny that Strange couldn't make Spidey forget the House of M nonsense when he casually removed memories before and after it, even without counting OMIT, he still made Cap forget about Illuminati in New Avengers#3 vol 3 lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

the years while she was pregnant ? she's human, she'll not be pregnant for years... and Yes, she's been pregnant of little May, the child they lose, this is still part of their story, as everything else. Everything of their story is just the same, in the first "line" they were married, in the second they are just a couple, but the story is the same. I think you're building too much with your own fantasy and speculation. Anyway, it's part of what we like in comics, don't we ? and who am I to forbid you to do so ? you can think as you wish, no problem for me
    This discussion and the contradicting continuity (some characters remember, some don't, it was implied MJ remembers the marriage in BND but that was dropped, the baby has never been mentioned past OMD) just proves that Marvel has no idea what OMD/OMIT really meant for the characters and their world and is just more proof of what a terrible, inorganic story concept it was/is.

Quesada is the one who said "all the stories still happened only they weren't married" at the time of OMD but then turned around and had MJ say in OMIT the only reason to be married was to have kids and she refused to have kids with Peter because of Spider-Man - which is....no, not going to get into the regressive politics of this but just pointing out having children has zero to do with marriage - and he's said that means the pregnancy and Baby May did NOT happen so Quesada himself has been highly contradictory.

So again, all this shows is that OMD/OMIT is a stain on Spider-Man and will always be what Quesada is best known for. Enjoy your legacy, Joe (which also makes me wonder if Joe approved Nick Spencer retconning OMD so Joe's legacy would be less stained, but when they discovered Joe was leaving Marvel the higher ups remaining decided to kibosh the retcon and began to interfere with Spencer's overall plot. I have no proof other than the timing works out, but it's a theory.)
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 09-26-2022 at 08:05 AM.