Page 141 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 4059

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The whole thing around Mary Jane being "revived" is ilogical. I mean, Peter has past through this a lot of times because of the Jackal's clonning experiments. If he can't see any Gwen Stacy as the real deal, do you henestly believe he will see a revived Mary Jane as the real thing? I don't think so.

Clones have deeply affected Spider-Man for decades.
    The X-Men have been just as entrenched in cloning as Spider-Man and they don't treat their "Resurrection Protocols" as cloning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If she does then she'll be revived right away and the whole thing will quickly be swept under the rug.
    That's bad, it means she'll still be written by Wells .

The X-Men have been just as entrenched in cloning as Spider-Man and they don't treat their "Resurrection Protocols" as cloning.
    I mean, it would be weird for Spidey to not see MJ as a clone considering that resurrection protocols are cloning lol.

Then again, this is the same Spidey who refuses to see Gwen as if she's the real deal, but thinks of the Ben who's the clone of a clone of a clone (repeat 27 times) of the "original" Ben to be the real Ben, so uh, whatever...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

The Peter currently running around is a back-up copy of his brain patterns so he's not technically the original Peter either, but everyone treats him as such.

Astonishing Member

I highly doubt Peter will share their point of view. I mean, what happens if they resurrect someone who they believe it's dead, only to discover it's still alive? The X-Men will have the same mess Peter has suffered for years with Ben, Kaine, Spidercide and the others.

The Peter currently running around is a back-up copy of his brain patterns so he's not technically the original Peter either, but everyone treats him as such.
    How it is a copy when ghost Peter was the remains of Peter's mind that survived somehow?

You'd have a point if this was about Otto though lol.

Also, technically almost the entire Marvel multiverse are just copies of the originals, since everyone died back in Hickman's Secret Wars:

Ironically Spidey himself would be one of the few exceptions to that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I highly doubt Peter will share their point of view. I mean, what happens if they resurrect someone who they believe it's dead, only to discover it's still alive? The X-Men will have the same mess Peter has suffered for years with Ben, Kaine, Spidercide and the others.
    The person writing ASM is one of the people who worked on some X books during the Krakoa era so I highly doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    How it is a copy when ghost Peter was the remains of Peter's mind that survived somehow?

You'd have a point if this was about Otto though lol.

Also, technically almost the entire Marvel multiverse are just copies of the originals, since everyone died back in Hickman's Secret Wars:

Ironically Spidey himself would be one of the few exceptions to that lol.
    Otto too, of course.

None of these characters are the originals anymore, lol.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 07-02-2022 at 03:04 PM.

BANNED

Slott talks about MJ and not wanting to write them together without the marriage at 1:04

The "Michelle Jones Watson" thing is so silly. I know we've gone over this before but it was just a really weird thing they threw in there.

Also her dad likes Peter and seems to be a part of her life so that seems like one big differentiator from most versions of MJ. And she doesn't like using "Watson" for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The "Michelle Jones Watson" thing is so silly. I know we've gone over this before but it was just a really weird thing they threw in there.

Also her dad likes Peter and seems to be a part of her life so that seems like one big differentiator from most versions of MJ. And she doesn't like using "Watson" for some reason.
    They really wanted to surprise the audience with the casting of Zendaya and then revealed her as a variant MJ because Multiverse. It's so silly. They should have been upfront about their casting from the beginning instead of trying to surprise the audience.

But then most MCU romances are bad.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

They really wanted to surprise the audience with the casting of Zendaya and then revealed her as a variant MJ because Multiverse. It's so silly. They should have been upfront about their casting from the beginning instead of trying to surprise the audience.

Pretty much, at least on the first part. Considering the backlash in certain corners of the fandom, though . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It wasn't just an attempt at surprising, she's nameless for most of the movie and only reveals it at the end, "Michelle Jones" was blatantly made so they could say she's not MJ in case she was too disliked.

They're cowards for doing so lol.

I think they tried really hard with them in NWH. It needed better build up but Zendaya and Hollands' genuine chemistry help sell it as a teen romance.

I think they tried really hard with them in NWH. It needed better build up but Zendaya and Hollands' genuine chemistry help sell it as a teen romance.
    If that's them trying "really hard", I can only wonder what their half assed romances are like lol.

They did try really hard in NWH. And I'm sure they'll try really hard when they bring them back together in a movie or two. But it doesn't change the fact that the foundations of the romance are really weak.

(Maybe if they hadn't spent so much time focusing on Peter's relationship to Tony Stark.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If that's them trying "really hard", I can only wonder what their half assed romances are like lol.
    Ant-Man and The Wasp are right there, lol.

They did try really hard in NWH. And I'm sure they'll try really hard when they bring them back together in a movie or two. But it doesn't change the fact that the foundations of the romance are really weak.

(Maybe if they hadn't spent so much time focusing on Peter's relationship to Tony Stark.)
    There's a lot of stuff NWH had to make up for because of the earlier movies' issues to be honest. At least the actors did their best.
    Ant-Man and The Wasp are right there, lol.
    When the parents have more romantic chemistry than the actual leads.