Page 110 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4059

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, there were people crapping all over JMS for not using the standard rogues back when his run was originally published.
    Weren't the satellite titles using at least some of them at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Weren't the satellite titles using at least some of them at the time?
    The satellite titles were pretty much using all of them!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Pretty sure I'm not the only one mad for how Marvel tricked us with the cover from issue #2. JUST HOW LONG ARE WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR A DAMN EXPLANATION?!!!!!!

By the way, for what I read on the latest solicitations, do you think the thing that Spidey and Wolverine have to face is the plot involving Moira and MJ? Because if Wolverine tries to hurt MJ, something tells me Spider-Man is going to go berserk.
    You're not, and yeah, if Wolverine tries to eviscerate Moira XI, Spider-Man would intervene, if only to keep her alive long enough to find out what happened to (the real) Mary Jane.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The satellite titles were pretty much using all of them!
    Yeah, see, this was one of the perks of multiple titles to where one could go in a different direction or use characters not appearing in other books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're not, and yeah, if Wolverine tries to eviscerate Moira XI, Spider-Man would intervene, if only to keep her alive long enough to find out what happened to (the real) Mary Jane.
    Indeed. And in case the worst happened, Spider-Man wouldn't let Wolverine eviscerate Moira either.... Because he would do it himself!!!

I love it when Twitter reads the MCU to filth
    mcu.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    I disagree with some of this on principle. I agree oversaturation of villains as antagonists can be a problem and that it's harder to keep things fresh in a long-running series. Well-read comics readers will notice repeated trends. A solution for that is developing the backstories, personalities, daily lives, etc, for more of Spider-man's current villains so they're more three-dimensional while also bringing in new villains to provide new threats and challenges. Antagonists as punchable action figures that say a few catchy word phrases is boring as is relying completely on the character work of prior writers to keep them interesting. If big characters do appear, it shouldn't always be as villains. That way, the audience is still asking which side of the character they'll meet this time: a minor cast member or an antagonist.

I do not agree Harry Lyman needed to die. Maybe Kraven didn't either. Harry's story was worthy of telling and just needed some fine-tuning to suit the character. There are already people who think Peter should retire permanently because Miles Morales has more to offer. Killing a supporting cast member limits Peter's world and the more people you remove, the potential stories you can tell with Peter Parker that aren't a crossover drops with them. Peter Parker was introduced with a large cast of civilian characters. Spider-Man's creators didn't intend Peter's life to be limited to superheroing and reacting to the same. Rolling back on deaths is one thing, retcons stating the characters never returned is another. It's a vote of no confidence in the character and any future writers who might make the concept work in favor of nostalgia from readers who might not have even read those stories. Harry's for instance, can no longer be read the same.
    Part of what I like with forums are that here some people have a different way of looking at things. I am one who don’t believe in evergreen ongoing stories. No matter how much you tweak them. I can certainly enjoy long stories. Like the manga One Piece witch I still periodically read. But I appreciate stories with an end. A end that makes sense.

Progress and a end goal. Even if it might be decades away.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I love it when Twitter reads the MCU to filth
    mcu.jpg
    Well, they're not wrong.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they're not wrong.
    But if they bring her back and give her read hair and name her Mary Jane you're totally fine with that....okay........

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    But if they bring her back and give her read hair and name her Mary Jane you're totally fine with that....okay........
    Just think about the awkwardness in which they revealed her surname actually is Watson.

Pretty sure I'm not the only one mad for how Marvel tricked us with the cover from issue #2. JUST HOW LONG ARE WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR A DAMN EXPLANATION?!!!!!!

By the way, for what I read on the latest solicitations, do you think the thing that Spidey and Wolverine have to face is the plot involving Moira and MJ? Because if Wolverine tries to hurt MJ, something tells me Spider-Man is going to go berserk.
    Why the hell would Wolverine try to hurt MJ? At best, he could attack MJ thinking she's Moira, but that would require very stupid writing lol.

Not that I'm denying this will happen though, maybe Wells will make it happen to disrespect MJ again.

And considering ASM is getting a Gala tie-in, I wonder if Moira attacking MJ was his idea to begin with...

Indeed. And in case the worst happened, Spider-Man wouldn't let Wolverine eviscerate Moira either.... Because he would do it himself!!!
    When was the last time we saw Spidey super pissed? Think it's been a while, was Go Down Swinging the last time?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

The whole half-measure thing they did with Zendaya was really weird, they should've just full on committed to it from day 1 'cause she coulda really done the classic MJ personality well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The whole half-measure thing they did with Zendaya was really weird, they should've just full on committed to it from day 1 'cause she coulda really done the classic MJ personality well.
    Generally agreed. Wimping out the way they did was no favor to anyone, regardless of that certain contingent of fans that would have railed against it.

They also felt the need to try to surprise the audience with their casting decision.

"Yes, this rising super star that we have playing a significant role in our movies isn't playing Spider-Man's iconic love interest Mary Jane Watson. But it turns out she is playing MJ! SURPRISE!"

(And then Peter totally falls in love with her between movies with no explanation.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They also felt the need to try to surprise the audience with their casting decision.

"Yes, this rising super star that we have playing a significant role in our movies isn't playing Spider-Man's iconic love interest Mary Jane Watson. But it turns out she is playing MJ! SURPRISE!"

(And then Peter totally falls in love with her between movies with no explanation.)
    There should have been more development of MCU Peter's civilian life and supporting cast, which to me could have been executed far better in a TV series as opposed to a movie series. Of course, since movies are where the big bucks are for the overall Spider-Man franchise . . . not much chance of Marvel pivoting to TV, especially given that Sony still has more-or-less exclusive rights to any Spider-Man-related film or television production longer than 44 minutes.