Page 189 of 271 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 4059
    BANNED

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Do we really need a male MJ? This is another example of the “House of Ideas” out of ideas. Very much like female Goblin, Octopus and Electro.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Andrew Garfield finally got his wish, lol.
    I detested Garfield as Peter. I never understood why, this explains a lot.

I’ve been making some mods for Marvel’s Spider-Man PC Remastered and I just released a Spinneret mod (aka Mary Jane from Renew Your Vows), for anyone curious to play as her:

FE97F8A1-9234-4232-A349-1F24162F149E.jpg
    E9A57981-CF04-4F89-8856-FE5EC0F7B11C.jpg

https://www.nexusmods.com/marvelsspi...ered/mods/2072

And yes, that’s the Bacter Building in the background (which is another mod I did). I also did a mod based on the fan Scarlet MJ design by the artist known as FooRay, which is basically a fan design for what Earth-65 Mary Jane could look like if she ever became Scarlet Spider:

96E047A4-42BC-4EB2-B160-CBDC16E9C14E.jpg

https://www.nexusmods.com/marvelsspi...ered/mods/1862

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    I’ve been making some mods for Marvel’s Spider-Man PC Remastered and I just released a Spinneret mod (aka Mary Jane from Renew Your Vows), for anyone curious to play as her:

And yes, that’s the Bacter Building in the background (which is another mod I did). I also did a mod based on the fan Scarlet MJ design by the artist known as FooRay, which is basically a fan design for what Earth-65 Mary Jane could look like if she ever became Scarlet Spider:

96E047A4-42BC-4EB2-B160-CBDC16E9C14E.jpg

https://www.nexusmods.com/marvelsspi...ered/mods/1862
    Considering both animated Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen/Earth-65 made Mary Jane into a version of Carnage, which USM then used to make her a spider-type hero, I could see Earth-65/Spider-Gwen's Mary Jane becoming that universe's Scarlet Spider, especially given the Halloween issue had her cosplay as Ben Reilly's Scarlet Spider.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I knew I was going to like Spinstress .

Merry James though .
    I don't think Merry is actually part of hims name...just that he is merry...like Robin Hood's Merry Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I still think she is a perfect MJ in spirit, kinda like how Pattinson didn't play Playboy Bruce Wayne but was still Bruce Wayne in spirit.

That said, yeah, it's unfortunate they didn't make her more like 616 MJ. It all comes down to the fact that each live-action franchise since Raimi has been shadowboxing the previous take and was more fixated on being different than playing Spider-Man straight. It's a consequence of having two reboots back to back and both of them starting in the same place.

That and they didn't have confidence in a black MJ.
    Didn't they also have a rights issue at the time? When Disney made the deal with Sony to have Spidey in the MCU, I'm pretty sure they weren't allowed to use some of the characters. Norman and Harry for instance were off-limits then and so was Venom for obvious reasons. I always thought MJ was one of those characters too, so I figured the MCU decided to make their own version of MJ instead who neither looked like nor acted like the established version.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-17-2022 at 06:22 AM.

new Sketch Today Frank Cho

Source Instagram Frank Cho

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Didn't they also have a rights issue at the time? When Disney made the deal with Sony to have Spidey in the MCU, I'm pretty sure they weren't allowed to use some of the characters. Norman and Harry for instance were off-limits then and so was Venom for obvious reasons. I always thought MJ was one of those characters too, so I figured the MCU decided to make their own version of MJ instead who neither looked like nor acted like the established version.
    To our knowledge, this was a rumor and was never confirmed.

It would be weird why they couldn't use some Spider-Man supporting characters (MJ, Harry, etc) but could use others (May, Ned, Flash, etc. ).

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

new Sketch Today Frank Cho

Source Instagram Frank Cho
    Swinging with three women! Peter you lucky dog .

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I detested Garfield as Peter. I never understood why, this explains a lot.
    What do you mean by that? ��

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post

"Note that at present all three variants replace the Classic Suit, so you will have to chose which one you want to replace it with."

Is it harder to replace the other costumes or somethin'? 'Cause it'd me more convenient if each costume replaced another.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That would only make sense if the Venom movie had Mary Jane, which it doesn't, fact that MCU allowed a name as major as aunt May's means there's little chance a name that is about as major wouldn't be allowed too.

MJ did once say that Peter turns her on and that he'd be a real swinger.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Marvel wanted to surprise the audience with their casting of Zendaya as MJ. And after the reveal that she is MJ, Peter goes from completely ignoring her to falling completely in love with her between movies. And then the third movie went out of its way to have characters from the Raimi universe understand she is the MCU version of the Mary Jane that they know (and she is even referred to as "MJ Watson" on multiple occasions).

(MCU romances are not good.)

I still maintain that Marvel should have been upfront about their casting from the beginning.

The funny thing is Zendaya is actually talented. There's a reason she won those emmys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    "Note that at present all three variants replace the Classic Suit, so you will have to chose which one you want to replace it with."

Is it harder to replace the other costumes or somethin'? 'Cause it'd me more convenient if each costume replaced another.
    It’s more that I’m simply used to replacing the Classic Suit since that’s the first suit I ever replaced and I’ve been too lazy to find out which files I have to replace for a different suit.

cant feel sorry for him anymore
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy