Page 13 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

nice issue love the conversation at the end
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I didn't find funnt the comment about Peter. Aunt May would surely give a beating to both if she has heard them.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Playful joke to cheer up BC spoilers:
    who was sad that MJ was 'perfect' for peter and also this does good on a possible foreshadow for the timeless tease
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I didn't find funnt the comment about Peter. Aunt May would surely give a beating to both if she has heard them.

It was a joke. And after all spoilers:
    they were only at the hospital and had to regain the Hood’s hood in the first place because Peter had been beaten up and they were taking care of him.
    end of spoilers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    It was a joke. And after all spoilers:
    they were only at the hospital and had to regain the Hood’s hood in the first place because Peter had been beaten up and they were taking care of him.
    end of spoilers.
    It might be a joke, but it make it sounds as if Peter had not virtues on his own.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It might be a joke, but it make it sounds as if Peter had not virtues on his own.
    What did you want MJ to say to her? spoilers:
    "Yeah, he's awesome and wonderful and amazing and spectacular and he's also mine, you lost, HA HA"?!? MJ was cheering her up. Because MJ is indeed perfect!
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Same here, especially given they had a lot more in common than it would seem at first glance. MJ being the "original bad girl" pitted against a (seemingly) "perfect" love interest for a "good boy" like Peter, and then that dynamic being replicated with Felicia as "the bad girl" and MJ as the "perfect good girl," was an interesting juxtaposition. In retrospect, I'd also interpret it as a (slight) rebuke of the people in both the Spider-Fandom and among the professionals working at Marvel who dismissed if not denigrated Mary Jane and Felicia Hardy as love interests for Peter Parker because they weren't traditionally "good girls." And yes, I will admit that Villa and Gomez both did excellent art with MJ in the Black Cat suit.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Glamorous MJ is glamorous .

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Count Nefaria as a movie buff was something I wasn't expecting.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here, especially given they had a lot more in common than it would seem at first glance. MJ being the "original bad girl" pitted against a (seemingly) "perfect" love interest for a "good boy" like Peter, and then that dynamic being replicated with Felicia as "the bad girl" and MJ as the "perfect good girl," was an interesting juxtaposition. In retrospect, I'd also interpret it as a (slight) rebuke of the people in both the Spider-Fandom and among the professionals working at Marvel who dismissed if not denigrated Mary Jane and Felicia Hardy as love interests for Peter Parker because they weren't traditionally "good girls." And yes, I will admit that Villa and Gomez both did excellent art with MJ in the Black Cat suit.

I don't see how Mary Jane was the bad girl.
    She was just an independent, liberal, friendly, outgoing, progressive, free-spirited, fun-loving, hip party girl
    She met Peter right after he started college.
    Therefore, she was only around 17 or 18 years old.
    She may just have been immature.

Technically, Mary Jane wasn't bad.
    She wasn't committing crimes like Felicia was.

One of the reasons why I liked Mary Jane as Peter's love interest was that she was good but but a bit flawed.
    She wasn't cookie cutter love interest that was perfect and tried to be like a saint.
    She was also different in significant ways from Peter that complemented Peter.
    Last edited by Starrius; 01-26-2022 at 07:22 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I don't see how Mary Jane was the bad girl.
    She was just an independent, liberal, friendly, outgoing, progressive, free-spirited, fun-loving, hip party girl
    She met Peter right after he started college.
    Therefore, she was only around 17 or 18 years old.
    She may just have been immature.

Technically, Mary Jane wasn't bad.
    She wasn't committing crimes like Felicia was.

One of the reasons why I liked Mary Jane as Peter's love interest was that she was good but but a bit flawed.
    She wasn't cookie cutter love interest that was perfect and tried to be like a saint.
    She was also different in significant ways from Peter that complemented Peter.
    That was why I put "bad girl" in quotation marks. I was more referring to the attitude by some in the Spider-Fandom and among those working for Marvel in a professional capacity that her "flaws," such as they were, made her undesirable as a long-term love interest for Peter.

In essence, Gwen was the Betty, Mary Jane was the Veronica, and Felicia was the Cheryl Blossom.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    In essence, Gwen was the Betty, Mary Jane was the Veronica, and Felicia was the Cheryl Blossom.
    Hmm, that's a good one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was why I put "bad girl" in quotation marks. I was more referring to the attitude by some in the Spider-Fandom and among those working for Marvel in a professional capacity that her "flaws," such as they were, made her undesirable as a long-term love interest for Peter.
    Oh....I see what you mean now. I agree with you. Thank you for explaining.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.