Page 191 of 271 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 4059

We know how Marvel Editorial feels about the marriage. And that has certainly not changed even though Quesada is no longer at the company. But, funnily enough, I don't think Editorial has any strong feelings about Peter and MJ as a couple. They want that to be up to the creative team.

In the wake of the current run and the reaction to it, I wonder if that's going to change.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    We know how Marvel Editorial feels about the marriage. And that has certainly not changed even though Quesada is no longer at the company. But, funnily enough, I don't think Editorial has any strong feelings about Peter and MJ as a couple. They want that to be up to the creative team.

In the wake of the current run and the reaction to it, I wonder if that's going to change.
    They can't keep dealying the inevitable. It's absurd they make every other single character in the Marvel Universe to grow up in some way, while Peter Parker stays trapped in the same old status quo than 60 years. The more they keep Peter Parker on a aimless existence, the more fans get sick of it, get mad and eventually stop buying the collection.
    + Carol Danvers passed from Miss Marvel to Captain Marvel.
    + Ben Grimm married Alicia Masters and adopted two kids.
    + Flash Thompson became a hero of his own, first as Agent Venom and then as Anti-Venom.
    + A whole new Generation of heroes have been introduced to keep on the legacy of the already veteran characters: Amadeus Cho as Brawn, Miles Morales as a new Spider-Man, Kamala Khan as Miss Marvel, Sam Alexander as Nova.

The more Marvel Universe evolves, the more stupid looks Peter Parker trapped in the same old status quo. This have to stop once and for all, and the Spider-Marriage must be brought back in order for Peter Parker to finally be in the place where he belongs!

i need peter to get a permanent job
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i need peter to get a permanent job
    You mean after his current job with Osborn?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    That actually looks a lot better.

BANNED

MJ's appearance this week topped the BC charts

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/amaz...stseller-list/

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    Definitely an improvement. I was never a fan of her look in that game, especially after how good she looked in early concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Definitely an improvement. I was never a fan of her look in that game, especially after how good she looked in early concept art.

The one on the right looks great. Almost reminds me of Emma Stone.

Although I get why they had to go with the look they did considering how difficult hair is to animate.

I wonder if the reporter thing won't age well, depending on if they double-down on it in the next game.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    They can't keep dealying the inevitable. It's absurd they make every other single character in the Marvel Universe to grow up in some way, while Peter Parker stays trapped in the same old status quo than 60 years. The more they keep Peter Parker on a aimless existence, the more fans get sick of it, get mad and eventually stop buying the collection.
    + Flash Thompson became a hero of his own, first as Agent Venom and then as Anti-Venom.
    + A whole new Generation of heroes have been introduced to keep on the legacy of the already veteran characters: Amadeus Cho as Brawn, Miles Morales as a new Spider-Man, Kamala Khan as Miss Marvel, Sam Alexander as Nova.

The more Marvel Universe evolves, the more stupid looks Peter Parker trapped in the same old status quo. This have to stop once and for all, and the Spider-Marriage must be brought back in order for Peter Parker to finally be in the place where he belongs!
    This. All of this.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I wonder if Michelle will let herself go in college .
    I would love for college-adult era to be more comic-accurate, but it's hard to gauge with the MCU.
    Well, her forgetting about Peter ought to alter her personality. They can use that to justify any changes, along with the fact that she could just think, new school, new start, and create a new persona for herself. Then of course Peter comes back into her life, and her old memories return (similar to what happened with some of the heroes in the comics).
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    With the 'Timeless' teasers being brought up for the New York Comic Con panel on October 8th, I've been thinking about what that could mean for MJ seeing as her donning a Spider-Man costume alongside a white-haired Black Panther. I am confidant at this point that Panther is Felicia and that this is an adventure for her and MJ in one of the last three remaining Black Cat/MJ issues that aren't connected to Dark Web.

The timeless tease was that MJ was honouring the 'sacrifice of those in her heart', so that could indicate Peter doesn't make it out of Dark Web, or at best is taken off the table. My theory is that Peter and Chasm end up locked in a decisive battle trapped in Limbo, a stalemate between the two of them, MJ's dormant Spider-Island powers are reactivated by the Krakoan drugs, and she takes over as Spider-Man, and having to juggle life as the wall-crawler with the kids, maybe Felicia helping out as a crazy aunt, (I doubt Paul will be a factor for much longer, but that's personal preference), so we get a single mom MJ.

In fact, I think that's largely in part why we're getting "The Lost Hunt", it's not to promote Peter and MJ married, it's to promote MJ's new status quo, and the fact that it's a powerless Peter gives us the feeling we'll see MJ involved in a relationship with a powerless person who also has to step up. Now, is that going to be Paul, or someone else? Maybe 'Crazy Aunt Felicia'?
    That's impossible. Don't forget about Dan Slott's new Spider-Man book. MJ isn't replacing Peter.

The one on the right looks great. Almost reminds me of Emma Stone.

Although I get why they had to go with the look they did considering how difficult hair is to animate.

I wonder if the reporter thing won't age well, depending on if they double-down on it in the next game.
    Yeah, animating long hair isn't easy, never has been - it's why older Tomb Raider games had Lara Croft wear a braid. Even now, it's very easily to have it accidentally clip the shoulders, hence why they gave MJ a ponytail. It's also why she had a bob in the MTV Spider-Man cartoon, which was CG animated.

As for the reporter thing, I don't see how that will age badly - the issue is that MJ has never been that in the comics - they basically made her Lois Lane. The Marvel character who SHOULD have that status quo is Silk, Cindy Moon. At worst, it makes MJ look like a composite of herself and Cindy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, animating long hair isn't easy, never has been - it's why older Tomb Raider games had Lara Croft wear a braid. Even now, it's very easily to have it accidentally clip the shoulders, hence why they gave MJ a ponytail. It's also why she had a bob in the MTV Spider-Man cartoon, which was CG animated.
    I remember when the the quality of animation in Marvel cartoons started really degrading it felt like they were redesigning a lot of female characters with shorter hairstyles or looks because it was harder to animate.

Like how they gave MSM Gwen a bunch of weird hairstyles rather than just let her hair be loose (even though it looked much better when she actually did).
    As for the reporter thing, I don't see how that will age badly - the issue is that MJ has never been that in the comics - they basically made her Lois Lane. The Marvel character who SHOULD have that status quo is Silk, Cindy Moon. At worst, it makes MJ look like a composite of herself and Cindy.
    It'll age badly precisely because it's trying to make her Lois Lane.

BANNED

Taylor pretty much gave Dick and Babs a textbook "To Have and to Hold" moment in Nightwing this week.

The synergy is pretty neat given it's also an issue where Dick's identity is known by his enemies so they have that whole speech about whether or not the love interest can handle it...and then spoilers:
    Blockbuster dies at the end so the secret is safe
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

I think so too.

On paper, OMD doesn't have a problem with the pre-marriage status quo of the 1980's, or the Ultimate status quo. Both of them featuring a Spider-Man who is relatively younger, and who is dating MJ.

It only seems that way because Slott stayed on the book for 10 years, and Slott didn't want them together. Then Wells came along and split them again.

The main reason they haven't been together in the last 11/14 years is likely that the writers who want them together are the same ones that want to undo OMD (for the most part). And those people have been pushed away from the book.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 09-20-2022 at 10:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

All of those stuff mentioned can also be undone.