Page 133 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 4059
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Just a reminder

reminder.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Just a reminder

reminder.JPG
    JMS wrote some great romantic dialogue.

Just a reminder

reminder.JPG
    The romance portion of Spider-Man has really gone downhill since JMS. It's a real shame as the romance is supposed to be a big deal.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Just a reminder

reminder.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes, he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The romance portion of Spider-Man has really gone downhill since JMS. It's a real shame as the romance is supposed to be a big deal.
    It's gone downhill because Marvel insists on trying to make Spider-Man a young, (literally and figuratively) swinging single instead of embracing that in all this time, all these years, it is Mary Jane Watson(-Parker) who has stood strong and endured as the truest love Peter Parker has known or will know. Tragicomically, that was actually cemented by One More Day, even despite its architect's stated intent. I mean, if even the Devil (or the in-universe equivalent thereof) recognizes your love as something so special and powerful that taking it away will not only give him personal satisfaction, but also prevent whatever comes of that love from ultimately defeating him for good . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The thing is that romance is a core part of Spider-Man, and stripping that away has led to weaker Spider-Man stories.

(Spider-Man isn't the only character where the romance is core, but since this is a Spidey forum we'll keep the emphasis there. I'd list Superman as another character where romance is a core part of the franchise.)

The thing is that romance is a core part of Spider-Man, and stripping that away has led to weaker Spider-Man stories.

(Spider-Man isn't the only character where the romance is core, but since this is a Spidey forum we'll keep the emphasis there. I'd list Superman as another character where romance is a core part of the franchise.)
    C'mon now that isn't fair. All we need is yet another retelling of Kraven's Last Hunt, yet another meaningless event with all the hoopla that comes with such, or a new throwaway goblin, oh, or I know, another symbiote/villain mash-up to menace Pete how about Carnage-Vulture or Beetle-Venom? Spidey stories have NEVER been of higher quality I tell you, never! They aren't woefully repetitive, utterly meaningless, and without much, if any impact, no way!
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-19-2022 at 08:59 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Indeed. Truly romantic (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

MJ know who she's responsible for

oe72ljblhaj31.jpg

I guess Mj needs a reminder
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I mean we still don't know if the kids aren't Peter's too. So...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    C'mon now that isn't fair. All we need is yet another retelling of Kraven's Last Hunt, yet another meaningless event with all the hoopla that comes with such, or a new throwaway goblin, oh, or I know, another symbiote/villain mash-up to menace Pete how about Carnage-Vulture or Beetle-Venom? Spidey stories have NEVER been of higher quality I tell you, never! They aren't woefully repetitive, utterly meaningless, and without much, if any impact, no way!
    Hilarious use of sarcasm there.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Indeed.

MJ know who she's responsible for

oe72ljblhaj31.jpg
    That was one of the best issues of Tom Taylor's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

So I read the script for the controversial Spider-Man Lotus. Spoilers ahead.

spoilers:
    MJ has a big role, but her side story is more directly involved with helping Harry deal with the losses of his father and Gwen than it is about being there for Peter when he needs her. Indeed the famous "door close" scene isn't included. Peter still yells at her, but they later patch up and she encourages him to attend a party at the end. The film is mostly about Peter grieving Gwen and resolving to remain Spider-Man after a talk with the kid who collects him
    end of spoilers

http://twitter.com/mjbrooklyn/status...90757910503427

It is my moral instinct to remove myself from Spider-Man: Lotus, effective immediately. I am sickened to sever my career after seeing the trending tragedy. I was never aware of Warden & Gavin’s history prior to today, so I am grieving on behalf of all of you.
    - Moriah Brooklyn
    MJ’s actress in Lotus is distancing herself from the project.

Spectacular Member

Just a reminder

reminder.JPG
    It's pissing me off that Parker could express this to Mary Jane Watson right now, word for word, telling her she matters as much to him now as she did then. And it wouldn't be comforting or precious. It'd be dismaying jealous ex behavior and pressuring someone who has asked him to leave her alone.

I know you're not saying it is but Spider-man is not just meant to be a book about romance; Spider-man is at its best when the book is about relationships and building connections in general. The deterioration of Parker's ties to his supporting cast and their relationships leads to worse stories as well. "Either" and "Or" should not be words thought in the minds of writers portraying Parker's wife/girlfriend and friends. It shouldn't only be about Mary Jane and Peter, but she shouldn't be excluded. Call me greedy, but I want all the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That wouldn't help with the story told.

[/url]

[/url]

BANNED

http://twitter.com/mjbrooklyn/status...90757910503427

MJ’s actress in Lotus is distancing herself from the project.
    Just as well, this is what was going to happen to MJ in the trilogy.

- Peter plans to propose to MJ
    - Venom and Kraven team up, but Kraven turns on Venom, who teams up with the Spideys
    - Kraven teams with Scorpion
    - Kraven uses MJ as bait and kills her in front of Peter when he arrives
    https://twitter.com/Lotus_Leaks/stat...37502820409349

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    I know you're not saying it is but Spider-man is not just meant to be a book about romance.
    This is an MJ appreciation thread, including what she means to Peter. Knock it off.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-21-2022 at 03:40 AM.