Page 192 of 271 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 4059
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    All of those stuff mentioned can also be undone.
    Miles Morales and Kamala Khan can't be undone, though. Not without severe backlash that will dwarf the backlash from One More Day.

BANNED

Miles made a deal with Mephisto as well, people have forgotten more about that than OMD.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Miles Morales and Kamala Khan can't be undone, though. Not without severe backlash that will dwarf the backlash from One More Day.
    Eh they retire or depowered or some other gimmick or new names. Nothing new.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Miles made a deal with Mephisto as well, people have forgotten more about that than OMD.
    Eh they retire or depowered or some other gimmick or new names. Nothing new.
    Unless David Zaslav buys Marvel from Dianey, they're not going to retire or depower their two biggest non-white characters of the 21st century. The idea they can get away with that, or that anyone will forget those characters, is a joke.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Unless David Zaslav buys Marvel from Dianey, they're not going to retire or depower their two biggest non-white characters of the 21st century. The idea they can get away with that, or that anyone will forget those characters, is a joke.
    Eh with how the Supreme Court is and will be for decades and other governmental changes, America is headed towards becoming more socially conservative.

Astonishing Member

Eh with how the Supreme Court is and will be for decades and other governmental changes, America is headed towards becoming more socially conservative.
    Okay, so short of the US going fascist, Miles Morales and Kamala Khan won't be buried and One More Day won't be accepted. I mean... I can't really argue with that.

This thread sure took a turn.

(Miles and Kamala aren't going anywhere. Don't even joke about such things.)

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This thread sure took a turn.

(Miles and Kamala aren't going anywhere. Don't even joke about such things.)
    Back to regular thread topics. I wonder if they'll change MJ's look in the second game or if they'll keep her look the same

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Back to regular thread topics. I wonder if they'll change MJ's look in the second game or if they'll keep her look the same
    It would be nice to see her get a visual makeover.

I'm curious if she'll be playable at all. I doubt anyone is in the mood for MJ stealth missions between playing as Peter and Miles.

Astonishing Member

All of those stuff mentioned can also be undone.
    No, they can't. The new Generations of heroes (like Kamalah and Miles have become such symbols that the can't get rid of them thanks to their popularity. And Carol as Captain Marvel is so succesful that they can't turn her back into just "Miss Marvel" again. Girls turn into women, not the other way around.

With the 'Timeless' teasers being brought up for the New York Comic Con panel on October 8th, I've been thinking about what that could mean for MJ seeing as her donning a Spider-Man costume alongside a white-haired Black Panther. I am confidant at this point that Panther is Felicia and that this is an adventure for her and MJ in one of the last three remaining Black Cat/MJ issues that aren't connected to Dark Web.

The timeless tease was that MJ was honouring the 'sacrifice of those in her heart', so that could indicate Peter doesn't make it out of Dark Web, or at best is taken off the table. My theory is that Peter and Chasm end up locked in a decisive battle trapped in Limbo, a stalemate between the two of them, MJ's dormant Spider-Island powers are reactivated by the Krakoan drugs, and she takes over as Spider-Man, and having to juggle life as the wall-crawler with the kids, maybe Felicia helping out as a crazy aunt, (I doubt Paul will be a factor for much longer, but that's personal preference), so we get a single mom MJ.

In fact, I think that's largely in part why we're getting "The Lost Hunt", it's not to promote Peter and MJ married, it's to promote MJ's new status quo, and the fact that it's a powerless Peter gives us the feeling we'll see MJ involved in a relationship with a powerless person who also has to step up. Now, is that going to be Paul, or someone else? Maybe 'Crazy Aunt Felicia'?
    Funny, I was having that kind of suspiction too. Not exactly like that, but similar enough. Mainly, for some reason, the white-haired Black Panther could actually be Felicia, and somehow, MJ's spider-powers from Spider-Island could be "reawaken" somehow to exaplin her using Spidey's suit.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 09-20-2022 at 03:46 PM.

I mean, we've seen how much mileage she can get out of a costume without powers .

Astonishing Member

I just want to say, that scene where Paul hit Peter was clearly a proof he's a sick and controlling man. Seriously, do you think that would have been possible? Peter has to keep his secret identity, but he's not going to let any idiot to punch him without defending. With his Spider-Sense, he would have been able to dodge it without troubles.

I seriously can't wait for this mystery to be revealed, because I don't get why is MJ so afraid. If Paul is a regular guy (which I'm not entirely sure), there's no way MJ is worried about Peter considering the advantage of his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They wanted to surprise the audience by giving her a different name and not let her have anything to do with the original character aside from the initials and a shoehorned "real" last name in the third movie? This rather comes off as insulting the audience's intelligence rather than surprising them. Can't say I appreciate Feige's decisions with this character(though it's not like Raimi did any better). Let's reboot Superman and have him date some seemingly random woman named Laura Lewis who has nothing to do with Lois Lane except for the initials and in a potential third movie "reveal" that she is in fact supposed to be that universe's Lois even though she has nothing in common with her. Will be a hell of a surprise I'm sure. I can't understand why movie studios don't seem to know what to do with a character who otherwise seems so difficult to get wrong like MJ. The casting has never been the issue in either the Raimi trilogy or the MCU, it's the portrayal.
    MCU is written to be safe, and boring, they're cowards.

They also try to be as different from the other to avoid comparisons, so Michelle has to be unlike Raimi's MJ (Who was basically Gwen), and TASM's Gwen (Who was basically MJ as a scientist), so we got, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I really wonder what Marvel thought the response would be to this run. They definitely knew people were going to be unhappy since the first issue essentially has the editor asking readers to give it a chance. But I have to wonder if they really think this was all worth it.
    If nerds were dumb enough to keep buying it despite the butthurt, probably lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i need peter to get a permanent job
    Difficult, 'cause Spidey's most iconic job is a terrible dead end one, and he hasn't been in that one for a while lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, animating long hair isn't easy, never has been - it's why older Tomb Raider games had Lara Croft wear a braid. Even now, it's very easily to have it accidentally clip the shoulders, hence why they gave MJ a ponytail. It's also why she had a bob in the MTV Spider-Man cartoon, which was CG animated.
    I mean, even later PSX games gave Lara's hair physics lol.

Plus this game was made in the PS4 era, and by being some generic open world shit, it means budget ain't an issue, so just make her hair work lol.

As for the reporter thing, I don't see how that will age badly - the issue is that MJ has never been that in the comics - they basically made her Lois Lane. The Marvel character who SHOULD have that status quo is Silk, Cindy Moon. At worst, it makes MJ look like a composite of herself and Cindy.
    I mean, Lois is still the iconic reporter chick, CIndy is known but not to that extent, specially outside of comics lol.

It's because it's inconsequential, since it didn't happen in Miles' comic, and he was nearly as moronic as Spidey was, not did it affect his status quo in any way.

Plus it got solved at the end of Champions vol 3 too.

Even if something like that happens, US of A becoming racist to an extent like this with a character as well received as Miles will be noticed and cause butthurt lol.

Kinda funny the turn this took lolol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Issue#2 cover for MJ/Black Cat

Astonishing Member

Issue#2 cover for MJ/Black Cat

I really want to read the solicitation of this issue.

Hey! Have you noticed MJ's necklace? It looks like a cat, or more likely... A tiger!