Page 131 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 4059

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! The stuff he tried to do with Ultimate MJ couldn't even be mentioned (LOL):
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Tt1QWEPoA...c42/RCO022.jpg
    Good ol' Ultimate Pedorine.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The worst part was that this wasn't even a plot by some evil telepath f***ing with both Spider-Man and Wolverine like the animated Ultimate Spider-Man series had the good grace to make it into, but Jean Grey getting fed up with Logan constantly hitting on her and using her powers to send him (his mind, technically) somewhere he'd rather not be, also making a (bigger) mess of Peter's life in the process. No wonder he told the X-Men off: "You know why everyone hates you?! It's not because you're mutants! It's because you're a bunch of [cue barrage of censored swearwords]!"
    I honestly wouldn't blame Spidey if he started hating Ultimate Jean for pulling that **** lol.

Well, he still should hate Wolverine more in that case...

Ultimate Marvel comics, especially.
    Mainline comics do have their own share of fucked up ****, but Blob eating Wasp, and saying she tastes like chicken, man lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That is one effed up view of things. I could follow the decisions if the idea was to show how Ock was still the bad guy, even when he was pretending to be the hero, but it really sounds like Slott genuinely believes that he wrote a genuine love story and that Ock was the misunderstood hero the whole time. Did no one at Marvel think to tell him that glorifying a rapist was a bad idea and that he should do something else?
    Same Marvel that approved of Cindy, who, while contrary to popular belief, she didn't rape Spidey, she did seem really into the pheromones while Spidey wasn't comfortable with 'em, so she looks like a molester anyways.

So yeah, it's like they were being run by manga people with **** like this being allowed lol.

Remember cringing when the second Amazing Spider-Man movie tried to pull the "stalking is romantic" card, on top of the other toxic stuff the writing piled on that love story.
    Stuff like that kinda makes me thankful I remember so little of that movie lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Now, now, I incest we stop picking on Ultimate X-Men.
    Now now, puns like this will make us like Ultimate Blob and be fed up with people.

Kill or arrest Paul. Keep the kids until their actual mom shows up.
    What, he tried to eat the kids already? Thought it'd take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Well, Damme. Forgive me for being waspish. If you really want to twist a man's neck after he already bit the big one, who am I to stop you?
    I can't compete with this lol.

Anyways, about that "Superior Spider-Family" I was talking a bit ago, does it necessarily need to have only body swappers? 'Cause if not, we could include Veranke as Spider-Woman, and that actress who was pretending to be aunt May .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    MJ straight out lied to Felicia. Peter called her three nights ago. She saw him two days ago from her window. Paul paid part of his debts the day before.
    And MJ allegedly urged Paul not to see him too.

Lazy contradictory writing. MJ is either concerned for him, terrified of him, or couldn't care less. FFS sake Wells, PICK one

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Lazy contradictory writing. MJ is either concerned for him, terrified of him, or couldn't care less. FFS sake Wells, PICK one
    Calm down. It's gonna get better like some of people said from behind the scenes. Its gonna take some time but they'll get back together. It's still only the first arc then 900. See what happens after

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/1537767020007247873

Let's make it happen people
    Use this a push to bring them back

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Good ol' Ultimate Pedorine.

I honestly wouldn't blame Spidey if he started hating Ultimate Jean for pulling that **** lol.

Well, he still should hate Wolverine more in that case...

Mainline comics do have their own share of fucked up ****, but Blob eating Wasp, and saying she tastes like chicken, man lol.

Same Marvel that approved of Cindy, who, while contrary to popular belief, she didn't rape Spidey, she did seem really into the pheromones while Spidey wasn't comfortable with 'em, so she looks like a molester anyways.

So yeah, it's like they were being run by manga people with **** like this being allowed lol.

Stuff like that kinda makes me thankful I remember so little of that movie lol.

Now now, puns like this will make us like Ultimate Blob and be fed up with people.

What, he tried to eat the kids already? Thought it'd take longer.

I can't compete with this lol.

Anyways, about that "Superior Spider-Family" I was talking a bit ago, does it necessarily need to have only body swappers? 'Cause if not, we could include Veranke as Spider-Woman, and that actress who was pretending to be aunt May .
    Don't forget the android duplicates of Peter's parents.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Agreed. I’d be fine with two characters apart if this was a well-written story. I’d be happily waiting for the outcome if this were a well-written story.

But this ain’t one.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Agreed. I’d be fine with two characters apart if this was a well-written story. I’d be happily waiting for the outcome if this were a well-written story.

But this ain’t one.
    But also this is just the first arc which has to set the tone...and was titled a "world without love" so once we get to 900 fair game after that to fix it

Also it looks like a majority of fans in ThisWeekinMarvel have decided they want Peter and MJ back. So let's see we can get another of these

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 06-17-2022 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Don't forget the android duplicates of Peter's parents.
    Oh that's perfect lol.

Can also include that Peter clone from Ultimate Clone Saga who thought he was Richard if other universes are okay too .

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    But also this is just the first arc which has to set the tone...and was titled a "world without love" so once we get to 900 fair game after that to fix it

Also it looks like a majority of fans in ThisWeekinMarvel have decided they want Peter and MJ back. So let's see we can get another of these

Untitled.jpg
    I mean, even if they get back together, doesn't mean the story that does so will be good (Much less near the level of JMS' airport scene), or that the relationship between 'em will be interesting.

And even if the stories after are actually good, it doesn't mean that the first issues separating them in such a disrespectful manner with such a fucking insultingly boring story.

Whatever happens, don't forget this is still Marvel.

BANNED

I mean, even if they get back together, doesn't mean the story that does so will be good (Much less near the level of JMS' airport scene), or that the relationship between 'em will be interesting.
    One thing Peter/MJ together never are is boring.

I don't think they'll match the level of the JMS reunion but they'll sure try and make it entertaining.

Whatever you say jar jar

One thing Peter/MJ together never are is boring.
    They were really boring back in RYV after the time skip (And before it I don't remember being particularly impressed too), back in the 70's they were pretty whatever too once MJ was just trying to make Peter jealous, or whenever MJ randomly became a bitch in the 90's.

In Raimi's movies, Spidey and MJ had basically no chemistry too, but I guess picking those movies is a "cheat" since that MJ is basically an adaptation of Gwen in spirit, who also had no chemistry with Peter.

Those two being together hardly means it's good by default, they're not that easy to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I don't think they'll match the level of the JMS reunion but they'll sure try and make it entertaining.
    With Wells as the writer, I'll have my doubts about that lol.

BANNED

They were really boring back in RYV after the time skip (And before it I don't remember being particularly impressed too),
    That's a 'you' problem. I enjoyed RYV throughout.

back in the 70's they were pretty whatever too once MJ was just trying to make Peter jealous, or whenever MJ randomly became a bitch in the 90's.
    1. MJ was young and retroactively it made more sense to see her do that because it was an escape from coping with Peter's secret

2. Some of MJ being 'bitchy' in the 90s is just the trials of marriage and dealing with the life Peter leads, which makes it interesting. JMS retconned Mackie/Byrne MJ as feeling like Peter didn't need her, which also made it more interesting.

Those two being together hardly means it's good by default, they're not that easy to write.
    I've grown up on positive depictions of the relationship more so than the hardships. I find them very easy to write too.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-mary-jan...-resurrection/

Someone at Screenrant also thinks MJ will be killed by Moira and revived by the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's just speculation. There's been a lot of speculation that this will happen ever since Moira attacking MJ leaked.
    Wouldn’t that just make the resurrected Mary Jane a clone with the original Mary Jane’s memories?