Page 134 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 4059
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Moving on and yada yada

c31b91f7e6c8f82015b1319712fc233a.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Just as well, this is what was going to happen to MJ in the trilogy.

https://twitter.com/Lotus_Leaks/stat...37502820409349
    Lotus trying to cut fans on that edge, I see.

This is an MJ appreciation thread, including what she means to Peter. Knock it off.
    Yes. This is a Mary Jane Watson thread, and multiple members of that supporting cast members are her friends too, and the way she interacts with them also adds to her story, so, respectfully, no, I will not.

kraven venom and carnage in a fan film? doubt the symbiotes will look that good
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Yes. This is a Mary Jane Watson thread, and multiple members of that supporting cast members are her friends too, and the way she interacts with them also adds to her story, so, respectfully, no, I will not.
    MJ and Peter don't need anybody else.

Astonishing Member

It's pissing me off that Parker could express this to Mary Jane Watson right now, word for word, telling her she matters as much to him now as she did then. And it wouldn't be comforting or precious. It'd be dismaying jealous ex behavior and pressuring someone who has asked him to leave her alone.
    But that’s not what is happening.

MJ explicitly asked Peter to talk about their relationship. She’d already expressed just telling her he loves her isn’t enough. She’d already expressed that she felt superfluous to his superhero career, and asked him what else existed between them.

This is his answer, which we know from earlier in the issue answers MJ’s key insecurities about where she fits in Peter’s life.

And throughout the scene at the airport, Peter asks her for her consent - consent to talk to her, consent to sit next to her. He asks her what she needs. He respects her wishes, taking off his mask while still in costume in a destroyed airport full of civilians where people might stumble across them because that’s what she wants.

This is a very respectful depiction of a mature, two-way relationship and hits the points in your graphics.

I know you're not saying it is but Spider-man is not just meant to be a book about romance; Spider-man is at its best when the book is about relationships and building connections in general. The deterioration of Parker's ties to his supporting cast and their relationships leads to worse stories as well. "Either" and "Or" should not be words thought in the minds of writers portraying Parker's wife/girlfriend and friends. It shouldn't only be about Mary Jane and Peter, but she shouldn't be excluded. Call me greedy, but I want all the stories.
    I said romance was "A" core part, not that it was "THE" core part.

Astonishing Member

Picture this, when Moira Jane is expose and the real MJ return, I can see the unintended consequences with Paul and his kids and MJ has no way to tell Paul, she's not the women he loved and there's no way to explain the Moira takeover, and I can see Paul calling BS and hating her and the kids depressed and you see MJ saddened this had to happened and relating to Peter over what Otto did wtih Ana Maria Marconi and bring the two closer to each other.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Picture this, when Moira Jane is expose and the real MJ return, I can see the unintended consequences with Paul and his kids and MJ has no way to tell Paul, she's not the women he loved and there's no way to explain the Moira takeover, and I can see Paul calling BS and hating her and the kids depressed and you see MJ saddened this had to happened and relating to Peter over what Otto did wtih Ana Maria Marconi and bring the two closer to each other.
    Another possibility is the kids are clones or illusions depending on the villain and Paul is really Jackal or Mysterio in disguise working with Moira

Astonishing Member

Just as well, this is what was going to happen to MJ in the trilogy.
    I'm not surprised, director of this thing openly admitted on twitter, that in his opinion Peter has to suffer constantly and it's core of his character, etc.
    So, can't care less about this project, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Another possibility is the kids are clones or illusions depending on the villain and Paul is really Jackal or Mysterio in disguise working with Moira
    Calling it now:

Paul is Harry in disguise.

Romita is the new improved Sarah Stacy, now with an MJ face. Her brother (if they don’t name him John they are missing a big opportunity) is the new Gabriel with Peter’s face.

Get ready for Kindred 2: Goblin Boogaloo
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 06-21-2022 at 12:25 PM.

He and Castle would be internet pals.
    Hah, yeah, would be very much justified for Frank to shoot that one in the balls.

I'd better stop before I cut off my nose to spite my face. They say that hindsight is 20-20, yet judging by all the cannibalizing done to the characters' backstories, many a film maker espouses the Ultimate universe as a resounding success. If they keep filling their heads with helium, one day it's going to burst.
    Man, I already said I can't compete with this lol.

Took me 3 minutes to find that pun, and I normally wouldn't think of it.

I don't like what Paul represents or his effect on other readers, but I don't have anything against the guy. My first inclination is to ditch him for that blissful five seconds of internet peace on my Twitter timeline.
    Paul is the new Pedro basically, only with kids and a higher than usual possibility he'll eat 'em, or get 'em killed in some way.

So I read the script for the controversial Spider-Man Lotus. Spoilers ahead.

spoilers:
    MJ has a big role, but her side story is more directly involved with helping Harry deal with the losses of his father and Gwen than it is about being there for Peter when he needs her. Indeed the famous "door close" scene isn't included. Peter still yells at her, but they later patch up and she encourages him to attend a party at the end. The film is mostly about Peter grieving Gwen and resolving to remain Spider-Man after a talk with the kid who collects him
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    http://twitter.com/mjbrooklyn/status...90757910503427

MJ’s actress in Lotus is distancing herself from the project.
    So what's this about Lotus? Some fan film adapting Gwen's death or what?

They don't "need" each other either, but it's better to be there than not, which's the point that was being made.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    But that’s not what is happening.

MJ explicitly asked Peter to talk about their relationship. She’d already expressed just telling her he loves her isn’t enough. She’d already expressed that she felt superfluous to his superhero career, and asked him what else existed between them.

This is his answer, which we know from earlier in the issue answers MJ’s key insecurities about where she fits in Peter’s life.

And throughout the scene at the airport, Peter asks her for her consent - consent to talk to her, consent to sit next to her. He asks her what she needs. He respects her wishes, taking off his mask while still in costume in a destroyed airport full of civilians where people might stumble across them because that’s what she wants.

This is a very respectful depiction of a mature, two-way relationship and hits the points in your graphics.
    I think Tabs means that if Spidey say this to MJ now it wouldn't have the same impact, as opposed to when he said it in JMS' run, where the run did a decent enough job building up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    At this point it looks like Moira only attacked MJ after the run started, but who knows, we could get some awkward asspull to explain away her behavior... And while they're at it, explain away Spidey's too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I really don't like how this is a real possibility to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I'm not surprised, director of this thing openly admitted on twitter, that in his opinion Peter has to suffer constantly and it's core of his character, etc.
    So, can't care less about this project, lol.
    That guy related to Tom King by any chance? .

Calling it now:

Romita is the new improved Sarah Stacy, now with an MJ face. Her brother (if they don’t name him John they are missing a big opportunity) is the new Gabriel with Peter’s face.

Nah man, Harry was just used, I think it's Stanley's turn, but maybe the kids are Gabriel's and Sarah's second coming, and Stanley brought them back 'cause, just like them, he's a neglected character related to the Osborns .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So what's this about Lotus? Some fan film adapting Gwen's death or what?
    It was a fan film that was basically The Night Gwen Stacy Died and The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. Then the director and the lead actor were both revealed as racists (used some very extreme racist language in texts/chats that leaked).

I don't really care about fan films. This was relatively high profile in the fan film community, and things do not look good.

Spectacular Member

I think a romance should always have a supporting cast unless there are very specific narrative circumstances otherwise. Say, a pair are stranded on a deserted island. I think the character of a person (person of a character?) can be better told by those they surround themselves with. And anyway, it makes the story so much more complex if there are other points of view. The stakes are a lot lower if they only need to think about each other. Take popular examples like Pride and Prejudice or Romeo and Juliet - one a romance in earnest and one a tragedy drawn from romance. Without the characters' friends, families, etc, the "problems" that make their respective relationships compelling wouldn't exist, and the stories would be flat at best. This is still true even if the conflict of the plot is mostly internal to the two main characters like the titular sources of pride and prejudice in P&P.
    I said romance was "A" core part, not that it was "THE" core part.
    The first seven words were written to assure you that I didn't believe that you were suggesting romance is all that mattered. My criticism was leveled against Marvel not you as a fan. Didn't mean to come across that way. Sorry dude.

I'm always happy to read PeterMJ meta so I enjoyed reading your post! However, I woukd like to point out that I mentioned I'm pissed off about the current unfortunate state of events, not Doomed Affairs. I'm annoyed they can't even have a callback without it being "wrong".

Calling it now:
    Marvel says it's Gwen Stacy's turn to use the clone body doubles!
    Try as any future author might, it'll be hard to top "Harry Osborn was sold to the devil and copied his conciousness to a computer that proceeded to make clones of his father and high school friend who were raised to think Peter Parker was their father. AI Osborn forced Mysterio to simulate VR sex with his creator's dad. He may have also manipulated the Sarah Stacy clone into initiating a relationship with Peter Parker. Because reasons. No, we swear this isn't an April Fools day prank gone too far. Marvel is a serious company."

I suspect that if Wells gives Peter a dating life, he'll be giving Hardy another chance but I'm more inclined to think it'll be ship teasing.
    For crack ships. Tombstone is getting with White Rabbit and Twitter called it with Paul/Kareem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hah, yeah, would be very much justified for Frank to shoot that one in the balls.
    They really done f*cked up if I'm supporting a guy getting shot in the membrum virile.
    Man, I already said I can't compete with this lol.
    Took me 3 minutes to find that pun, and I normally wouldn't think of it.
    ...It shouldn't be so hard not to wage a word war. I am, in fact, immature.

Paul is the new Pedro basically, only with kids and a higher than usual possibility he'll eat 'em, or get 'em killed in some way.
    That's Zeb Wells for ya. If there isn't at least one "To rob Peter to pay Paul", "to borrow from Peter to pay Paul", "to unclothe Peter to clothe Paul", or some other take on the phrase that has developed over the centuries it'll be a missed opportunity.

Thank you, by the way.
    It was a fan film that was basically The Night Gwen Stacy Died and The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. Then the director and the lead actor were both revealed as racists (used some very extreme racist language in texts/chats that leaked).

I don't really care about fan films. This was relatively high profile in the fan film community, and things do not look good.
    It's 2022. You would think people would understand basic social etiquette like "do not use slurs".
    Last edited by Tabs; 06-21-2022 at 07:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Their love will always bring them back together

tumblr_e2ec1373720722fe502adce5e31120f0_90a107f5_1280.jpg

What a shithole lol.

I think a romance should always have a supporting cast unless there are very specific narrative circumstances otherwise. Say, a pair are stranded on a deserted island. I think the character of a person (person of a character?) can be better told by those they surround themselves with. And anyway, it makes the story so much more complex if there are other points of view. The stakes are a lot lower if they only need to think about each other. Take popular examples like Pride and Prejudice or Romeo and Juliet - one a romance in earnest and one a tragedy drawn from romance. Without the characters' friends, families, etc, the "problems" that make their respective relationships compelling wouldn't exist, and the stories would be flat at best. This is still true even if the conflict of the plot is mostly internal to the two main characters like the titular sources of pride and prejudice in P&P.
    Not to mention that a way to develop characters is to show how they react and interact with different characters.

And I don't even mean the character development that is "info dump someone's background story", I mean showing generally consistent reactions, if fitting, to different situations, that way it can give the viewer/reader a good grasp of the personality if they're paying attention.

While Spidey and MJ are three dimensional characters and have a lot of ways to react to situations, having more people around to show ways they react to the world in ways they can't do it with each other isn't a bad thing, as long as it's well written of course.

I'm always happy to read PeterMJ meta so I enjoyed reading your post! However, I woukd like to point out that I mentioned I'm pissed off about the current unfortunate state of events, not Doomed Affairs. I'm annoyed they can't even have a callback without it being "wrong".
    Nice name you gave to the picture lol.

Try as any future author might, it'll be hard to top "Harry Osborn was sold to the devil and copied his conciousness to a computer that proceeded to make clones of his father and high school friend who were raised to think Peter Parker was their father. AI Osborn forced Mysterio to simulate VR sex with his creator's dad. He may have also manipulated the Sarah Stacy clone into initiating a relationship with Peter Parker. Because reasons. No, we swear this isn't an April Fools day prank gone too far. Marvel is a serious company."
    Please don't challenge them, they might actually find a way, and Kindred shit was brain breaking enough as is.

It's also hilarious how many ways Kindred shit can be described in ridiculously absurd, and accurate, ways.

Hell, Kindred shit is so ridiculous it wouldn't be out of place in Metal Gear, and it specially wouldn't be out place in Kingdom Hearts, maybe we'll have Spidey showing up in Kingdom Hearts IV to break that franchise's fanbase's brains further, and Spencer was just preparing comic readers for it .

I suspect that if Wells gives Peter a dating life, he'll be giving Hardy another chance but I'm more inclined to think it'll be ship teasing.
    I do wonder how the hell Wells would write Felicia as a love interest, he made her sound callous and uncaring about Spidey back in BND, but that was likely editorial mandated, all three writers who used her back then did the same-ish thing.

For crack ships. Tombstone is getting with White Rabbit and Twitter called it with Paul/Kareem.
    The crackest ship of all would be aunt May ending up with Johnny Storm because they both agree over how much of a dickhead Peter is right now .

...It shouldn't be so hard not to wage a word war. I am, in fact, immature.
    Hey I'd be down for it if I had the talent, but puns really aren't something I'm good with.

Hell, I have a friend who sometimes comes up with puns for my username, and I'm baffled everytime 'cause I don't even know how he did so, I'm just not that good with words lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then