Page 151 of 271 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 4059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's a new female Vulture...

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/15/ma...ng-fantasy-15/

Some are claiming it's a dude and looks much younger than Peter in the preview, and I can somewhat see that, so maybe it's not MJ and is just an impression I'm getting from the fact it's red hair..or it could be Paul's daughter all grown up

That's Slott's story in AF 1000, right? Spider-Man could be Peter & MJ's son or their grandson (or a further descendent) taking on a new Vulture. It's supposed to take place in the "far future" after all. Or it could be Peter himself, and he's quite old in this story.

Spider-Man mastermind Dan Slott and superstar artist Jim Cheung team up to explore the enduring love between Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson in a story set in the far future
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 07-15-2022 at 11:55 PM.

Aren’t all these stories going to be non canon anyways should it really be analyzed instead of taking it as it is?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Aren’t all these stories going to be non canon anyways should it really be analyzed instead of taking it as it is?
    Hickman's story is about the Spider-Verse so might tie into what Slott's doing, and Slott more often than not plants seeds in even his one-off stories to pay off later in official runs.

Oh wow, they actually referenced the old British reprints in POW! comic (yup, that was real, it's not something made up for this issue).

I'm surprised to see ANOTHER new Vulture legacy. Isn't Starling his legacy character? That doesn't look like Tiana though.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-16-2022 at 06:53 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That's Slott's story in AF 1000, right? Spider-Man could be Peter & MJ's son or their grandson (or a further descendent) taking on a new Vulture. It's supposed to take place in the "far future" after all. Or it could be Peter himself, and he's quite old in this story.
    Jim Cheung captions the artwork as “Peter” on Instagram.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce9Ly8Rp...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Of course, could be a descendent with the same name….

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Jim Cheung captions the artwork as “Peter” on Instagram.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce9Ly8Rp...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Of course, could be a descendent with the same name….
    sddd.JPG
    But also it's a hashtag for Spider-Man so the character could be named anything and it was 3 weeks ago when this picture came out. They not going to # character no ones heard of if it's a son or grandson.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    sddd.JPG
    But also it's a hashtag for Spider-Man so the character could be named anything and it was 3 weeks ago when this picture came out. They not going to # character no ones heard of if it's a son or grandson.
    He captions the artwork Peter. He hashtags it #PeterParker #Spiderman. A caption describes what the artwork depicts. The hashtag is so people who follow the hashtag will see it in their feed. Two separate uses of “Peter.” Why would he caption the art “Peter” if the character has a different name? He could have used “AF 1000” or “sneak peek” or even just “Spider-Man” if he wanted to keep it a mystery.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 07-16-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

We'll find out in over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/15/ma...ng-fantasy-15/

Some are claiming it's a dude and looks much younger than Peter in the preview, and I can somewhat see that, so maybe it's not MJ and is just an impression I'm getting from the fact it's red hair..or it could be Paul's daughter all grown up
    The hair is lighter than MJ's and the chest area looks so flat that I'm tempted to agree it's probably a guy.

Astonishing Member

Pop quiz, you know MJ made a small cameo in X-MEN the Animated Series, a few months her premiere in Spider-man Animated. back in 94-95. Wanna guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Pop quiz, you know MJ made a small cameo in X-MEN the Animated Series, a few months her premiere in Spider-man Animated. back in 94-95. Wanna guess.
    https://spiderman-animated.fandom.co...wler_(Episode)

https://www.cbr.com/mary-jane-watson...istory-trivia/

10: Mary Jane's Parents Divorced
    9: Mary Jane Figured Out Peter Was Spider-Man Before She Had Even Met Him
    8: She Started Her Acting Career To Avoid Becoming Like Her Mother
    7: Mary Jane Officially Met Spider-Man After He Saved Her Life
    6: Gwen Stacy's Death Deeply Affected Her
    5: At Peter's First Proposal, Mary Jane Said No
    4: The Wedding Between Mary Jane and Peter Parker Was The Event Of A Lifetime
    3: Watson Gained A Fortune From Modeling, Not Acting
    2: Jonathan Caesar Blacklisted Her, Causing A Tumultuous Time
    1: Her Love For Peter Was Tested Once By A Fellow Actor

BANNED

Some interesting comments over on the reddit Spidey page (maybe Slott could maybe refute some of these claims)

From misterhipster63

-Slott handed in his notice on FF six months ago, pitched a return to Spider-Man which Marvel were OK with approving based on past sales success.

-The swift undoing of Spencer's era was part of the pitch

From Cottonmist:

spoilers:
    Supposedly current plan is for Norman to be the one behind it and Paul to be a bad guy, Peter and MJ will be back together soon. It is cottonmist's speculation that the marriage will happen in Amazing Spider-Man 1000
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Some interesting comments over on the reddit Spidey page (maybe Slott could maybe refute some of these claims)

From misterhipster63

-Slott handed in his notice on FF six months ago, pitched a return to Spider-Man which Marvel were OK with approving based on past sales success.

-The swift undoing of Spencer's era was part of the pitch

From Cottonmist:

spoilers:
    Supposedly current plan is for Norman to be the one behind it and Paul to be a bad guy, Peter and MJ will be back together soon. It is cottonmist's speculation that the marriage will happen in Amazing Spider-Man 1000
    end of spoilers
    cant Paul just be a regular dude and Mj just mess up? marriage in amazing 1000 would be a cool big event
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy