Page 16 of 271 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was expecting this to be MCU-derived but the fact that she's called Mary Jane and Peter works at the Bugle as a photographer makes it more classic. Although I wonder if they'll base her design off Zendaya.

Peter crushing on her and social media problems makes me wonder if she's the "it" girl at his school.
    I haven't read the most recent stuff, but the mainline books have really not been able to utilize the social media aspect of a supermodel/celebrity's life for Mary Jane, have they?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I haven't read the most recent stuff, but the mainline books have really not been able to utilize the social media aspect of a supermodel/celebrity's life for Mary Jane, have they?
    Not really. I think the Champions comics probably use social media the most (maybe too much of it in their last arc, but that's just my opinion).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Not really. I think the Champions comics probably use social media the most (maybe too much of it in their last arc, but that's just my opinion).
    In terms of Spider-Man's corner of the MU, Silk has become, much to her own chagrin, very popular on social media, so there's definitely room to explore that more with regards to Mary Jane and her fame.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    on another note i've also been loving how rhino has been popping up at every personal party or card game across the MU. lol
    Has he? Huh, how weirdly outgoing of him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Please no, MJ as a civilian is a massive part of her character and what makes her so good.Making her all powerful would be a massive disservice to the character and phoenix is messy af now.Also we don't need phoenix to see people care about her, and considering Peter almost dying and being hospitalized doesn't even get a reaction from FF, Daredevil, Logan, Most of the Avengers and Spider-family the MJ thing wouldn't make sense
    Peter being hospitalized has a surprisingly low impact considering only MJ, aunt May, Felicia and Cap know about it, and at least Cap helped him out when Peter was being a dumbass and decided to leave with a toy web shooter, but it seems MJ weirdly didn't tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    When it comes to the spideyverse i'm a MJ FF so though some of that stuff makes sense i'm more interested in what ever would give MJ shine and stopped her from disappearing. If she out there doing her own thing and saving the world or what not then instead of always breaking up with her or omdaying them, or just having her flat out disappear she can be off doing stuff and when they want her to show up in the main book she can again. But again that's just me and i know it's unpopular but her as phoenix would make far more sense than echo. All depended on who wrote it and who drew it.
    The problem is that MJ seems hardly interested in doing even basic super-heroing, I can't see her saving galaxies, or wanting to.

It also would move her away from Spidey comics, 'cause Spidey having a girlfriend who's on cosmic level just ain't happening, and nothing guarantees she would show up either, could always be a "Oh Peter, I now have the Phoenix, and will **** off from your comics for 20 issues until I inexplicably come back without the Phoenix", or somethin' like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    MJ becoming a Phoenix host sounds like a What If that should already exist.
    She would either kill everyone or bring world peace, maybe even both, that's how a lot of what ifs go lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I liked this one. Also, if Marvel ever gets the Red Sonja rights back . . .
    I wonder how Red Sonja fans would react to that, hell are Conan fans happy with him coming back to Marvel?

The closest thing to social media that was shown is MJ using video chat to have dates with Peter.

It doesn't really seem she's that active in social media, while it's never pointed out, she could always be one of those more reclusive artists, she goes around, does her job, but doesn't interact much with her fans.

Funnily enough, her being like that would be similar to how Ditko was like, since he was rather recluse, but did interact with people if they visited him, at least as far as I heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I think in-universe MJ probably has a social media account but we just don't see it, like we don't see with 96% of characters in comics.

I think in-universe MJ probably has a social media account but we just don't see it, like we don't see with 96% of characters in comics.
    She probably does, the question is how active she is, there are plenty of famous people out there where they're not active in social media much.

There's still a possibility she doesn't have one at all too, or has but isn't verified.

But who knows, maybe she posts on social medias all the damn time when she's not on-screen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    She probably does, the question is how active she is, there are plenty of famous people out there where they're not active in social media much.

There's still a possibility she doesn't have one at all too, or has but isn't verified.

But who knows, maybe she posts on social medias all the damn time when she's not on-screen lol.
    This should be a fun game. Who in the Marvel Universe does and does not have a social media account ?

This should be a fun game. Who in the Marvel Universe does and does not have a social media account ?
    Not Peter, lol. (Or at least he shouldn't.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He does have one in the Insomniac game. It's pretty fun to see the people posting on it reacting to the in-game events.

He has a Twitter account with a pseudonym that's just $hit tweets about Johnny Storm

The reason Peter shouldn't is because he's an old man in a young man's body. (Because he was Stan's avatar. And Stan was definitely an old man even when he was a young man, lol.)

And before anyone points out that Stan had a twitter account, how much of that do you think he actually tweeted?

I'm wondering how many Krakoans get to keep theirs, 'cause I'd think that maybe they have to abandon the old ones to use a Krakoan exclusive social media lol.

He has a Twitter account with a pseudonym that's just $hit tweets about Johnny Storm
    That's a very Johnny thing to do.

The reason Peter shouldn't is because he's an old man in a young man's body. (Because he was Stan's avatar. And Stan was definitely an old man even when he was a young man, lol.)

And before anyone points out that Stan had a twitter account, how much of that do you think he actually tweeted?
    I think him having one is fine, he just shouldn't be too active in it, so more or less like PS4 Spidey did it, where he uses it, but hardly ever talks there.

That's a fair enough reasoning but I'm not sure it really fits modern Peter anymore.

It just seems like something he'd probably forget about because he's too busy with other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's a very Johnny thing to do.
    Headcanoning that Johnny started it so Peter had to get into the ring, albeit "masked".

That was teen Peter. Pete in his 30's has regressed into a manchild due to some one-third-life crisis.

Though TBF Twitter and Facebook are frequented by older individuals (even after the Tumblr crowd migrated to Twitter), and while Instagram is for the younger set, a photog like Peter would be interested in opening an account and posting photos of NY rooftops and MJ in cafes.

You should start a thread for that in the main Marvel Comics section. Maybe a version of it in the DC forums too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman