Page 17 of 271 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Casually Comics looks at Mary-Jane & Black Cat Beyond.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Casually Comics looks at Mary-Jane & Black Cat Beyond.

MJ's comment "I was the Bad Girl first" makes me think she and Felicia have more in common than they would admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    MJ's comment "I was the Bad Girl first" makes me think she and Felicia have more in common than they would admit.
    MJ has never pretended to be much different than Felicia. I always got the sense that it was always Felicia who viewed MJ as more wholesome and goody two-shoes for being the girlfriend/wife.

Haven't seen Casually Comics' video yet but her title nails it. As a love interest, Felicia always felt redundant to me as MJ WAS supposed to be the adventurous and intriguing love interest who was Spider-Man's equivalent of Catwoman. We didn't need a literal lady dressed like a cat lol. BC works better when she's not a love interest.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-03-2022 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    MJ has never pretended to be much different than Felicia. I always got the sense that it was always Felicia who viewed MJ as more wholesome and goody two-shoes for being the girlfriend/wife.

Haven't seen Casually Comics' video yet but her title nails it. As a love interest, Felicia always felt redundant to me as MJ WAS supposed to be the adventurous and intriguing love interest who was Spider-Man's equivalent of Catwoman. We didn't need a literal lady dressed like a cat lol. BC works better when she's not a love interest.
    I think MJ is more comparable to Silver St. Cloud or Vicki Vale than Catwoman.

There is one big thing that separates the two - MJ isn’t a thief. Other than that they are both beautiful, glamorous, adventurous women who have a history of not committing and rather playing the field in relationships. Similar in personality and spirit but different in background and career choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    There is one big thing that separates the two - MJ isn’t a thief.
    Peter be like

Peter be like
    Ha! Good one! Well, I guess Felicia would have seen MJ as a thief!

I think the thing is Felicia's really the only strong counterpoint to MJ with Gwen dead, and that it's not that they have similar sensibilities but that Felicia's a costumed character that can play with Peter as Spider-Man in a way that MJ can't, while MJ is closer to Peter Parker than Felicia is.

Astonishing Member

I have to mention this. Do you remember the mysterious scene in "Timeless #1"? Well, there was another scene in the same page showing us the Moon being destroyed, and that's something has already happened in the Reckoning's Alpha issue. If the scene with Mary Jane wearing Spider-Man's suit is actually going to happen, how much time do you think we will have to wait to see it?

It'll be some time this year, like everything in Timeless.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It'll be some time this year, like everything in Timeless.
    I hope so. I really want to know the meaning of that mysterious scene.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Indeed, and both of them have gotten somewhat short shrift in the decade that followed One More Day thanks to both some fans and more so some creatives/professionals at Marvel who didn't think much of them as valid or viable love interests for Peter/Spider-Man, largely out of preconceived notions of what a "good girl" should be. There is that, as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I hope so. I really want to know the meaning of that mysterious scene.
    I really doubt they are going to have MJ fighting crime beyond an issue or two. There are several alternative scenarios. 1: Marvel teasing the readers with an AU ( think RYV) or some kind of “Butterfly Effect” on 616. ie. If this happened then she becomes Spider-Man, but it did not. 2: It could be Mayday and we are seeing the future of 616.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Looks like there could be a second print of MJ\BC on the way soon

An new one from Carlos Gomez, clearly inspired by the latest MJ/BC issue on MJ"s dump truck...