Page 19 of 271 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Gayle's last appearance was a cameo in Peter Parker: Spider-Man #19 (July, 2000):

Didn't she appear in Renew Your vows?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Didn't she appear in Renew Your vows?
    Gayle and her sons were mentioned at one point but do not actually appear.

this comment is funny but the fan art is also a good what if as well
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...stacy/hwcjku9/
    Last edited by Jman27; 02-10-2022 at 09:45 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Gayle and her sons were mentioned at one point but do not actually appear.
    Correct. Didn't realize AU stories were allowed, though...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    this comment is funny but the fan art is also a good what if as well
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...stacy/hwcjku9/
    Yeah, that would be interesting to see, though it could be argued that even if Gwen hadn't died, considering how much she hated Spider-Man at the time, blaming him for her father's death, Peter might have simply spent the rest of that relationship not telling her the truth about himself, which would drive an even bigger wedge between them if she found out some other way. Hell, the Green Goblin might have just told her himself to spite his archenemy, knowing that even if he lost his impending fight (and presumed last stand) with Spider-Man, he'd very well still come out ahead by way of destroying Gwen's love for Peter and shattering both of their spirits over it. Of course, that would leave Mary Jane to pick up the pieces, which might cast an even darker pall over whatever future relationship she had with Peter than Gwen's death ever did.

Anything with Mary Jane is allowed in this thread, I think. That said, I loved Renew Your Vows for the dynamic between MJ and Peter, and of course their parental dynamics with Annie, both as a child and as a teenager.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

John Romita Jr. commission with Scott Hanna inks paying homage to his dad, I think he did him proud here.

How does that Regent technology work?

How does that Regent technology work?
    I believe she borrows some power from Peter in order for it to work
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Gayle's last appearance was a cameo in Peter Parker: Spider-Man #19 (July, 2000):

Chrissie? Don't they mean Kristy or Kristine?

Interesting. I had no idea that Kristy and Gayle's kids (who look possessed by Mephisto here) had appeared on panel as slightly older than they were previously before the Gerry Conway story with Kristy a couple of years back. Thanks for this. I wish the Watsons make more appearances.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-11-2022 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Anything with Mary Jane is allowed in this thread, I think. That said, I loved Renew Your Vows for the dynamic between MJ and Peter, and of course their parental dynamics with Annie, both as a child and as a teenager.
    Thanks, Huntsman Spider. It really means a lot. I'm only trying to follow the rules & not cause trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Interesting. I had no idea that Kristy and Gayle's kids (who look possessed by Mephisto here) had appeared on panel as slightly older than they were previously before the Gerry Conway story with Kristy a couple of years back. Thanks for this. I wish the Watsons make more appearances.
    You're welcome, Confuzzled. Your response is greatly appreciated. I also would be interested in seeing more of the Watsons (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-11-2022 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I believe she borrows some power from Peter in order for it to work
    Yeah how the heck does that work on her body? It's not like she actually has the powers. I'm just confused haha

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Yeah how the heck does that work on her body? It's not like she actually has the powers. I'm just confused haha
    I believe seeing is believing. You should check out Renew Your Vows

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Thanks, Huntsman Spider. It really means a lot. I'm only trying to follow the rules & not cause trouble.

You're welcome, Confuzzled. Your response is greatly appreciated. I also would be interested in seeing more of the Watsons (XD)

You're welcome, and I would also love to see more of Mary Jane's family, though I do think Gerry Conway brought Kristy back as an ESU student in his story in Amazing Spider-Man: Going Big that came out back in 2019 or so.

Regent's suit was designed to infuse him with the powers of the superheroes he drained to death to fuel it. Given MJ's Spinneret suit was reverse-engineered from the same technology, I'd just figured it was tailored to Peter's DNA, but making the siphoning of his abilities nonfatal.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

In the original mini, the villain used technology to steal superhero's powers and use them himself, with the ongoing series establishing that the Parkers took and modified the tech for their own use. There was a slight retcon, with the suits permanently drained powers until the person was dead (like a battery), while MJ's suit seems to just temporarily borrow it and then return it when the suit is switched off (although there were a lot of retcons from the original mini in the ongoing). It's all sci-fi science, so it's not meant to be realistic.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In the original mini, the villain used technology to steal superhero's powers and use them himself, with the ongoing series establishing that the Parkers took and modified the tech for their own use. There was a slight retcon, with the suits permanently drained powers until the person was dead (like a battery), while MJ's suit seems to just temporarily borrow it and then return it when the suit is switched off (although there were a lot of retcons from the original mini in the ongoing). It's all sci-fi science, so it's not meant to be realistic.
    She just basically emulates it right?