Page 197 of 271 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4059
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    ASM#10

spoilers:
    Hmm, so Peter lost a loved one, Norman was the only one who tried to help, and it didn't pan out?
    end of spoilers
    If that lost person was MJ then it means that the breakup could have caused Peter to do the mysterious incident instead of the other way around.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    If that lost person was MJ then it means that the breakup could have caused Peter to do the mysterious incident instead of the other way around.
    Or she was kidnapped by the glowing figure. Peter did something out there too, But to mention Mysterio also brings an easy cop out method

They better not be setting up anything gross between Mysterio and Mary Jane.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    They better not be setting up anything gross between Mysterio and Mary Jane.
    Just like they did with Norman and Gwen(before the retcon)?

Mysterio can mess your ones head and the kids can easily be LMD's

That’s what I’m hoping against, but Nick Lowe just referenced Mary Jane’s solo book on the letter page. A book where Mary Jane was alone in LA with Mysterio and brought up how a lot of the bad things Mysterio’s done lately has been against his will. His words are really making it sound like they’re trying to convince us that Mysterio isn’t a bad guy. He said it himself, Mysterio and Mary Jane’s story isn’t over.
    Last edited by hoth82; 09-28-2022 at 09:41 AM.

Mighty Member

Celestial Gwen's remark about Peter being blinded by his heart seems to throw shade at Peter's choice to work for Osborn.

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    That’s what I’m hoping against, but Nick Lowe just referenced Mary Jane’s solo book on the letter page. A book where Mary Jane was alone in LA with Mysterio and brought up how a lot of the bad things Mysterio’s done lately has been against his will. His words are really making it sound like they’re trying to convince us that Mysterio isn’t a bad guy. He said it himself, Mysterio and Mary Jane’s story isn’t over.
    They really didn't properly resolve that plotline.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They really didn't properly resolve that plotline.
    You're just gonna have to accept that plotline will never properly be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You're just gonna have to accept that plotline will never properly be resolved.
    Probably, but I'm not the one who brought Mysterio back up .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably, but I'm not the one who brought Mysterio back up .
    It seems like they're just going to tie the whole mystery box to some Mysterio crap. Whether or not that was the original plan is impossible to say unless someone talks.

It seems like they're just going to tie the whole mystery box to some Mysterio crap. Whether or not that was the original plan is impossible to say unless someone talks.

It probably wasn't. But based on getting a tease from the editor in the letter page it's seems like the easy way out now to resolve it.
    We know nothing permanent happened to any of the characters so this would allow and easy way to explain the kids away, but biggest question is are they gonna let Pete and MJ get back together when this run ends

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It probably wasn't. But based on getting a tease from the editor in the letter page it's seems like the easy way out now to resolve it.
    We know nothing permanent happened to any of the characters so this would allow and easy way to explain the kids away, but biggest question is are they gonna let Pete and MJ get back together when this run ends
    I imagine they'll leave things up in the air for the next writer to do what they want. Although we should acknowledge that the next writer has seen the reception to the Wells run.

I imagine they'll leave things up in the air for the next writer to do what they want. Although we should acknowledge that the next writer has seen the reception to the Wells run.
    I would say now they've got this reception that with possible changes coming to the book that weren't there to begin with the cut MJ and Peter apart after this run maybe not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I would say now they've got this reception that with possible changes coming to the book that weren't there to begin with the cut MJ and Peter apart after this run maybe not allowed
    Editorial clearly favored a status quo that lets creative teams decide what they want to do about Peter and MJ. Although I have wondered if they plan on stepping in and putting their foot down in the future given the reception to this run.