Page 21 of 271 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    water mj clone flashback intensifies
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Good lord man I was just watching that series like a couple of days ago. You know that water clone thing is a lot more darker than it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yes very dark and still annoys me to this day
    Indeed. The way she evaporated into nothing just after telling Peter, "If any part of me is like the real Mary Jane Watson, she loves Peter Parker more than anything in the world. More . . . than . . . anything," and Peter's heartbroken scream afterward, knowing that he'd failed to save the woman he loved twice, still punched me in the soul, no matter how many times I'd seen it before. The worst part of TAS's ending, though, was that despite the assurance that Madame Web was taking Spider-Man to find and be with the real Mary Jane Watson after his harrowing experience across the Multiverse, seeing two different versions of what he could have become under better or worse circumstances, we never actually got to see it happen. If we'd gotten one more minute, at least . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. The way she evaporated into nothing just after telling Peter, "If any part of me is like the real Mary Jane Watson, she loves Peter Parker more than anything in the world. More . . . than . . . anything," and Peter's heartbroken scream afterward, knowing that he'd failed to save the woman he loved twice, still punched me in the soul, no matter how many times I'd seen it before. The worst part of TAS's ending, though, was that despite the assurance that Madame Web was taking Spider-Man to find and be with the real Mary Jane Watson after his harrowing experience across the Multiverse, seeing two different versions of what he could have become under better or worse circumstances, we never actually got to see it happen. If we'd gotten one more minute, at least . . .
    Also...MJ is legally married to Peter. How would she react? But yeah the water clone thing was messed up. Who thought of that?

Also...MJ is legally married to Peter. How would she react? But yeah the water clone thing was messed up. Who thought of that?
    Someone higher-up who got cold feet about MJ being married to Peter in an animated series still marketed toward kids. That would be my guess.

Someone higher-up who got cold feet about MJ being married to Peter in an animated series still marketed toward kids. That would be my guess.
    Maybe but that still messed up cause it happened on the same season. So I doubt it was that. The clone thing was dark af already.

Maybe but that still messed up cause it happened on the same season. So I doubt it was that. The clone thing was dark af already.
    Indeed, it was, and the series finale showed how much darker it could have gotten. I mean, when (a version of) the Clone Saga leads to all reality nearly being destroyed . . .

Extraordinary Member

Because why would you want to show adults in healthy committed marriages.

Even when I was a little kid and knew almost nothing about Spider-Man, the water clone episode messed me up. Is it weird I'm still kind of cross they did that?
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Even when I was a little kid and knew almost nothing about Spider-Man, the water clone episode messed me up. Is it weird I'm still kind of cross they did that?
    Not at all. I saw that episode last week and it's still kinda messed up for a kids show.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Because why would you want to show adults in healthy committed marriages.
    Yeah, point.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Not at all. I saw that episode last week and it's still kinda messed up for a kids show.
    Indeed, it was messed up, and I don't blame you or anyone else for still being cross about it. Way to pull the rug out from underneath us Spider-Marriage fans, and to do it in such a heart-wrenching way, no less.

Having seen the show again it also came across as a soap opera. I read lots of comments about this Peter being a Chad and he was...in the first season but he kinda f*cked up his relationship with both MJ and Felicia giving room for Michael and Harry to come in.

Having seen the show again it also came across as a soap opera. I read lots of comments about this Peter being a Chad and he was...in the first season but he kinda f*cked up his relationship with both MJ and Felicia giving room for Michael and Harry to come in.
    In that respect, it was accurate to the Spider-Man comics and how a perennial issue with Peter's love life was his responsibilities as Spider-Man getting in the way of making it to dates (on time or at all).

In that respect, it was accurate to the Spider-Man comics and how a perennial issue with Peter's love life was his responsibilities as Spider-Man getting in the way of making it to dates (on time or at all).
    Both Mary Jane and Felicia were interested in him. He messed up with Felicia by leaving her hanging and he messed up with MJ by leaving her hanging and making the mistake of choosing Felicia (but this was because of Morbious) MJ did try to save the relationship.

Both Mary Jane and Felicia were interested in him. He messed up with Felicia by leaving her hanging and he messed up with MJ by leaving her hanging and making the mistake of choosing Felicia (but this was because of Morbious) MJ did try to save the relationship.
    Technically, Peter said he chose Felicia to get MJ pissed off enough to leave because Morbius was about to ambush him, and he didn't want her caught in the middle of that and getting hurt, or worse, as a result. He even thought to himself, "I'll make this up to you, MJ. Someday."

Technically, Peter said he chose Felicia to get MJ pissed off enough to leave because Morbius was about to ambush him, and he didn't want her caught in the middle of that and getting hurt, or worse, as a result. He even thought to himself, "I'll make this up to you, MJ. Someday."
    Yeah that's what I meant. But gotta give MJ credit she literally tried to save it. Peter has no one but to blame for this but himself. He could have told MJ something was up and had to go. Or wait inside for a moment. Idk.

Yeah that's what I meant. But gotta give MJ credit she literally tried to save it. Peter has no one but to blame for this but himself. He could have told MJ something was up and had to go. Or wait inside for a moment. Idk.
    Point taken.