Page 22 of 271 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Not at all. I saw that episode last week and it's still kinda messed up for a kids show.
    Kids are (or at least were) used to such darkness with fairy tales like the original version of The Little Mermaid where the mermaid loses the prince and dissolves into sea foam, The Snow Child about a child made of snow who comes to life and then melts when placed in front of a fireplace and don't get me started on The Gingerbread Man lol

Having said that, I don't think the water clone was necessarily an anti-marriage plot point as it was clearly a cliffhanger setup for a larger story about Peter having to find the real MJ. Unfortunately the show ended before their plans could pan out.

Also...MJ is legally married to Peter. How would she react? But yeah the water clone thing was messed up. Who thought of that?
    You know what, this whole thing seems heavily inspired by BTAS episode House & Garden that had another iconic redhead Poison Ivy seemingly reform and settle down with her family, who all then turned out to be imposter clones, Ivy included, who ended up dissolving in the most disturbing way possible.

Funnily enough, the second episode in this "arc", The New Batman Adventures's Chemistry episode that aired almost exactly a year after the MJ water clone reveal, is even more similar to the plot as Ivy literally creates a plant clone who seduces and marries Bruce before the gig is up and she ends up drowning, still swearing she loved Bruce. This episode owing to its timing seems definitely a riff of the water clone saga.

Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-19-2022 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Kids are (or at least were) used to such darkness with fairy tales like the original version of The Little Mermaid where the mermaid loses the prince and dissolves into sea foam, The Snow Child about a child made of snow who comes to life and then melts when placed in front of a fireplace and don't get me started on The Gingerbread Man lol

Having said that, I don't think the water clone was necessarily an anti-marriage plot point as it was clearly a cliffhanger setup for a larger story about Peter having to find the real MJ. Unfortunately the show ended before their plans could pan out.
    I just found it weird that they did that. Because Peter finds the real MJ he has to explain that they are legally married because he married a clone of her thinking it was her. Also, its also weird cause the MJ clone had a little bit of character development accepting that her life as Spider-Man's wife was gonna be difficult.

Astonishing Member

Was Mary Jane affected by the Goblin Queen's "Goblin Gaze" in the last issue? I'm not sure about it, but in case she had, I'm very worried about what it could cause on her.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Was Mary Jane affected by the Goblin Queen's "Goblin Gaze" in the last issue? I'm not sure about it, but in case she had, I'm very worried about what it could cause on her.
    She wasn't affected. She was about to but someone screamed for help before she could be.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I just found it weird that they did that. Because Peter finds the real MJ he has to explain that they are legally married because he married a clone of her thinking it was her. Also, its also weird cause the MJ clone had a little bit of character development accepting that her life as Spider-Man's wife was gonna be difficult.
    Imagine what would have happened when he told her he was Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Well, I suppose that, as a payment for saving their lives, Beyonder or Madame Web could use their powers to add the memories of the clone into the real Mary Jane. I mean, come on! After what Beyonder and Madame Web made Peter pass through, I think this is the least thing they could do.

But I'm more worried about what the Miles Warren from Main Peter would do with the DNA he took from Spider-Man. Combining him with Hydro-Man's cells, he could create something like Spidercide.

Well, I suppose that, as a payment for saving their lives, Beyonder or Madame Web could use their powers to add the memories of the clone into the real Mary Jane. I mean, come on! After what Beyonder and Madame Web made Peter pass through, I think this is the least thing they could do.

But I'm more worried about what the Miles Warren from Main Peter would do with the DNA he took from Spider-Man. Combining him with Hydro-Man's cells, he could create something like Spidercide.
    Oh, yes. That would make a lot of sense, with a failed prototype being more like the TAS version of Kaine.

Astonishing Member

Oh, yes. That would make a lot of sense, with a failed prototype being more like the TAS version of Kaine.
    Actually, Spider-Carnage had the role of Kaine during the series finale. And adding Kaine's original self, with his burned face, I don't think it will be appropiated for a kid show.

Actually, Spider-Carnage had the role of Kaine during the series finale. And adding Kaine's original self, with his burned face, I don't think it will be appropiated for a kid show.
    You'd be surprised what you could get away with in a "kids' show."

That's not actually a bad idea.

Extraordinary Member

You'd be surprised what you could get away with in a "kids' show."
    Like when Shipwreck's wife and kid melted in front of him on G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Like when Shipwreck's wife and kid melted in front of him on G.I. Joe.
    Uh-huh, and even Power Rangers, of all things, had the onscreen murder of a child by the main villain, although as a flashback to explain the motives of the child's father, who had become a vengeance-seeking antagonist in the present that no longer cared if innocents were caught in the crossfire.

Wouldn't she react the same as her clone did?

BANNED

I had speculated that the Goblin Gaze's after-effects were possibly the reason Peter and MJ would make mistakes later on in the relaunch that cause their 'split' (assuming that's not cover bait), but it seems both have overcome it. Queen Goblin sure has been nerfed in her debut issues, with her power only having an effect on Felicia.