Page 23 of 271 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I had speculated that the Goblin Gaze's after-effects were possibly the reason Peter and MJ would make mistakes later on in the relaunch that cause their 'split' (assuming that's not cover bait), but it seems both have overcome it. Queen Goblin sure has been nerfed in her debut issues, with her power only having an effect on Felicia.
    She is another D-Lister ( like Francine and Lady Octopus), that Marvel wants to treat like an A-Lister for “Diversity” purposes. If Marvel wants to find a quality female enemy for Peter, Ben or Felicia to fight, I have no problem. Just let’s create someone original. We have been down the Goblin road far too many times.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Wouldn't she react the same as her clone did?
    Shocked, but then accepting?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    She is another D-Lister ( like Francine and Lady Octopus), that Marvel wants to treat like an A-Lister for “Diversity” purposes. If Marvel wants to find a quality female enemy for Peter, Ben or Felicia to fight, I have no problem. Just let’s create someone original. We have been down the Goblin road far too many times.
    Speaking of originality, that's generally why I've been wanting to see them finally bring back Joystick. No connections to prior and better-known Spider-Villains, and her entire hook is that she's a superpowered thrill-seeker chasing after the next adrenaline rush, somewhat in the vein of Felicia's original characterization, although considerably more amoral than the Black Cat was even when she first debuted. Also, one of the key differences between her and Felicia (to say nothing of Peter and Ben) is that while Felicia loved and thought the world of her father, Joystick may well have set up her own father to be killed in her pre-supervillainy years, a dark twist on Peter's (and Ben's) guilt over Uncle Ben's death --- and as far as I can tell, has shown little if any in the way of regret or remorse about it. Basically, she's even more of a selfish, amoral thrill-chaser than Felicia was, and given that her powers enable her to physically match Spider-Man (Peter or Ben) in terms of speed and strength, she could be incredibly (and perhaps believably) formidable as an opponent.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Shocked, but then accepting?

Speaking of originality, that's generally why I've been wanting to see them finally bring back Joystick. No connections to prior and better-known Spider-Villains, and her entire hook is that she's a superpowered thrill-seeker chasing after the next adrenaline rush, somewhat in the vein of Felicia's original characterization, although considerably more amoral than the Black Cat was even when she first debuted. Also, one of the key differences between her and Felicia (to say nothing of Peter and Ben) is that while Felicia loved and thought the world of her father, Joystick may well have set up her own father to be killed in her pre-supervillainy years, a dark twist on Peter's (and Ben's) guilt over Uncle Ben's death --- and as far as I can tell, has shown little if any in the way of regret or remorse about it. Basically, she's even more of a selfish, amoral thrill-chaser than Felicia was, and given that her powers enable her to physically match Spider-Man (Peter or Ben) in terms of speed and strength, she could be incredibly (and perhaps believably) formidable as an opponent.
    I know, right?! She even took out Speed Demon quite handily. There's no telling what other secrets she's got hidden up her sleeve.

BANNED

J. Scott Campbell announcing something big next week. Looks like his variant for Zeb Wells' ASM relaunch

Posting it here because MJ is front and (almost) centre.

https://twitter.com/JScottCampbell/s...98910464729091

Have you guys read Dark Ages?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! She even took out Speed Demon quite handily. There's no telling what other secrets she's got hidden up her sleeve.

Yeah, she was great in Fabian Nicieza's Thunderbolts, and considering that Speed Demon could give Spider-Man trouble by being too fast for even his spider-sense, if Joystick could beat him, I'd shudder to imagine what kind of challenge she'd be for Peter or Ben.

I have. It's been a good read, for the most part. Mary Jane should have more to do there, but I'm glad she and Peter are still together (presumably married) and have a kid named after Peter's Aunt May.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    J. Scott Campbell announcing something big next week. Looks like his variant for Zeb Wells' ASM relaunch

Posting it here because MJ is front and (almost) centre.

https://twitter.com/JScottCampbell/s...98910464729091
    Twitter will hate it lmfao

Yeah, decent but Peter's just the narrator and MJ is basically non-existent

yeah started off strong but some reason the time between issues is just too long to retain the hype
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

I like that Peter's a family man and narrates the story, but it's just kind of 'there' for me as a dystopian Marvel event with a body count. It hasn't really been Marvel's answer to 'DCeased' despite having the same writer. Little May looks cool but isn't really standing out as much as she ought to either. Mary Jane is ever the supportful wife, which is nice, but fans of the marriage want more from their partnership and her own unique perspective of raising a family in this difficult age.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 02-26-2022 at 08:15 AM.

The thing with Dark Ages is you can tell Tom Taylor was setting up follow-ups to it. Sequels, spin-offs, etc. It would have been like a Marvel version of DCeased. The problem is Taylor signed a DC exclusive contract. And I don't think anyone else is going to write this world.

I guess Sony has another version of "May Parker" if they want. And, like Mayday, she's a relatively happy kid (despite her world being a very different setting from Mayday's world). But if we're going to get a "Peter's kid" on the big screen, Mayday seems like she'd be up first.

(I wouldn't be surprised if MJ was pregnant or Mayday had just been born in "Across the Spider-Verse.")
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 02-26-2022 at 10:55 AM.

As I always say...Tom Taylor gonna Tom Taylor .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As I always say...Tom Taylor gonna Tom Taylor .
    There certainly are worse things to do.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

And hell, despite the name, I'm glad Dark Ages turned out to not be another postapocalyptic dystopian hellhole, that in a world of superheroes, there could (and should) be better and more constructive ways to deal with such a radical upending of conventional society than degenerating into marauding murderous savages.

Extraordinary Member

Worst thing is we likely won't get a follow up to Dark ages since Taylor is now DC exclusive

God i hope they don't kill Peter off in the finale though

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Worst thing is we likely won't get a follow up to Dark ages since Taylor is now DC exclusive

God i hope they don't kill Peter off in the finale though
    Too bad, have liked stuff I've read by Taylor.

Am very curious about this series, but am waiting for the trade, just in case characters die, like you mentioned.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)