Page 237 of 271 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Mary Jane isnt a main sell like Peter(his Spider Alt Partners) and the villains. Outside of being his main squeeze, MJ in her own titles is just a generic/spunky good girl that models or uses the Spider Man cast to make herself unrealistically heroic.
    Define 'unrealistically heroic'

Also, MJ hasn't modelled in forever.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Man, this is tough, definitely the Pre-OMD Mary Jane in her entirety. The Post-OMD Mary Jane just...isn't the same, there's something missing. What could it be? Oh, yeah. Now I--

MJ vs Wolverine.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

That was a great issue. One of the better stories from the time when Marvel had Logan show up in every single book. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That was a great issue. One of the better stories from the time when Marvel had Logan show up in every single book. lol
    I still don't get how she didn't break her hand while slapping him, he's got to be as dense as a neutron star.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

I just found out that there were two Mary Jane variants in the Spider-Ham universe .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Man, this is tough, definitely the Pre-OMD Mary Jane in her entirety. The Post-OMD Mary Jane just...isn't the same, there's something missing. What could it be? Oh, yeah. Now I--

MJ vs Wolverine.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I still don't get how she didn't break her hand while slapping him, he's got to be as dense as a neutron star.
    Like Spider-Man himself would do a lot, Logan rolled with her slap to avoid causing her to break her hand. He was acting the way he did in that issue because he wanted to distract Mary Jane from the grief and pain of Peter's death (he got better, of course) by making her angry at him so she had that to focus on instead of her grief.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Like Spider-Man himself would do a lot, Logan rolled with her slap to avoid causing her to break her hand. He was acting the way he did in that issue because he wanted to distract Mary Jane from the grief and pain of Peter's death (he got better, of course) by making her angry at him so she had that to focus on instead of her grief.
    So he did what wrestlers do when they go through a coordinated move with another wrestler that could potentially hurt them in real life?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Mayday infinity comic was very enjoyable and so good! to see Mayday in comic form again

BANNED

The Mayday Marvel infinity story is doing the rounds now and it is awesome

spoilers:
    -Mayday once more publicly known as Spider-Girl
    -Mayday teams with the Lady Hawks
    -Peter and MJ briefly appear to set up Mayday on babysitter duty so they can go out on a date (Peter still using the cane, so being resurrected by The Other didn't heal his leg)
    -Benjy looking older and now talking, he's also playing with a Spider-Mobile toy
    end of spoilers

The writer of the title is Stephanie Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The Mayday Marvel infinity story is doing the rounds now and it is awesome

spoilers:
    -Mayday once more publicly known as Spider-Girl
    -Mayday teams with the Lady Hawks
    -Peter and MJ briefly appear to set up Mayday on babysitter duty so they can go out on a date (Peter still using the cane, so being resurrected by The Other didn't heal his leg)
    -Benjy looking older and now talking, he's also playing with a Spider-Mobile toy
    end of spoilers

The writer of the title is Stephanie Williams.

Shame it’s on Marvel Unlimited only.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    Shame it’s on Marvel Unlimited only.
    Yeah, hopefully it gets printed like X-Men Green was.

Also, the editor for the book is known only as 'Mr. Daniel', a bit odd not to use his full name. It reminds me how the creator of Codename Kids Next Door used to go by 'Mr. Warburton' on the credits, rofl

For those curious who the creative team is on Mayday's new adventure...

Writer is Stephanie Williams. Artist is Nathan Stockman.

http://twitter.com/StockmanNate/stat...72367840313344

BANNED

Seen some talk about continuity snarls in the issue

spoilers:
    Mayday's relationship with Wes appears to have ended off-panel and he isn't mentioned, not even in Mayday's thought boxes, Normie is represented in her thoughts as the Green Goblin, someone he hadn't been for years, and the Hawk twins are both out in public, when their main trick was always convincing people they were only one superhero, though given the handicap of one of them, this might have been done to raise awareness of disabled representation
    end of spoilers

From Nubia to Spider-Girl...

I wish they would just start up a new ongoing for Mayday in print form, I can't even access Marvel Unlimited for some reason to read the new comic.