Page 239 of 271 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4059
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    No, Eddie was the name of the guy in One Moment in Time who beat the crap out of Spider-Man and made him late for the wedding in the current corrupted timeline. He was like a normal mugger and somehow got one over Peter.
    I remember. Still ridiculous.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well, good luck to them.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I remember. Still ridiculous.
    OMD as a whole was ridiculous but, yeah, that was the diarrhea frosting on the cake of crap.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    OMD as a whole was ridiculous but, yeah, that was the diarrhea frosting on the cake of crap.
    You know what was even more ridiculous? This. Why was Mary Jane used in this scenario again? Shouldn't they have used Stanley Stewart's wife Madeline from the old Squadron Supreme comics? It...just seems a little mean-spirited on the part of the writer when they know how raw that nerve still is. It isn't funny.

One Moment.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-01-2022 at 11:19 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

[QUOTE=CaptainUniverse;6282420]You know what was even more ridiculous? This. Why was Mary Jane used in this scenario again? Shouldn't they have used Stanley Stewart's wife Madeline from the old Squadron Supreme comics? It...just seems a little mean-spirited on the part of the writer when they know how raw that nerve still is. It isn't funny.

Here's a thought what if he thinks that MJ is the bigger threat to him than Peter actually is

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12;6282429QUOTE
    Here's a thought what if he thinks that MJ is the bigger threat to him than Peter actually is
    Hmm...I never thought of it that way before. But if it's not just because she will give birth to the one who will defeat Mephisto then what is it about her that could be so dangerous? Is Mary Jane a wellspring of the Destiny Force like Rick Jones? Is the "Mayday Parker" we saw at the end of Spencer's run actually Mary Jane? Or is it that Mary Jane is related to one of Mephisto's ancient adversaries like Prince Wayfinder and this is all a way of getting revenge on his old foe? Or am I just throwing lawn darts at a picture of Mephisto at this point?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

BANNED

From an interview with Stephanie Williams on the official website

STEPHANIE WILLIAMS: I'm a sucker for older comics. I read them unprovoked. So, the opportunity to revisit the late 90s/early 2000s Spider-Girl series to write something for a character I greatly appreciate made me open up Marvel Unlimited with extra glee. That series reminds me of many of the teen shows I watched growing up: Degrassi, Moesha, Lizzie McGuire, As Told by Ginger, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Boy Meets World, Sister, Sister, 8 Simple Rules, Felicity, I could go on and on. But that [1998] series had many coming-of-age elements and some sitcom and soap opera vibes familiar to me.

May Parker is a near-perfect blend of what I love about Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson as standalone characters. She's self-assertive, intelligent, kind, compassionate, and will rock your ish if she needs to. Plus, the [Infinity Comics] story is set on another Earth, which opens things up and asks the question of "What If,” creating some situations and moments you couldn't get on Earth-616.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...omic-interview

BANNED

The preview for Dark Web is out

-MJ and Peter talking again, MJ tells Peter since it's Harry's birthday there should be a 'cease fire', she accepts the offer of coffee from the Gala aftermath
    -Carlie knows about the kids, says it's a 'long story'
    -Paul isn't there, MJ says the sitter fell through so he's staying at home with the kids.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 12-01-2022 at 01:04 PM.

You know what was even more ridiculous? This. Why was Mary Jane used in this scenario again? Shouldn't they have used Stanley Stewart's wife Madeline from the old Squadron Supreme comics? It...just seems a little mean-spirited on the part of the writer when they know how raw that nerve still is. It isn't funny.

One Moment.jpg
    This is a play on a Flash story with a similar concept. The demon Neron wanted the love between Wally West and Linda Park. The story line was called "Hell to Pay" and this is also a cute nod to that story.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This is a play on a Flash story with a similar concept. The demon Neron wanted the love between Wally West and Linda Park. The story line was called "Hell to Pay" and this is also a cute nod to that story.
    Funny enough, Wally and Linda's love for each other was so strong and pure, it actually hurt Neron, to the point he forced or bargained with them to take it back from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The preview for Dark Web is out

-MJ and Peter talking again, MJ tells Peter since it's Harry's birthday there should be a 'cease fire', she accepts the offer of coffee from the Gala aftermath
    -Carlie knows about the kids, says it's a 'long story'
    -Paul isn't there, MJ says the sitter fell through so he's staying at home with the kids.
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    From an interview with Stephanie Williams on the official website

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...omic-interview
    Thanks. This is good stuff.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

One Moment.jpg
    Not really mean spirited, like other said it’s a nice reference to a Flash story which when your riffing on DC is pretty cool. Using MJ was just lampshading to long time readers hey remember when she made a deal with mephisto along with Spider-man. Reminds me of Bendis Avengers run post OMD with people like Spider-women stating they could’ve sworn he was married

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Not really mean spirited, like other said it’s a nice reference to a Flash story which when your riffing on DC is pretty cool. Using MJ was just lampshading to long time readers hey remember when she made a deal with mephisto along with Spider-man. Reminds me of Bendis Avengers run post OMD with people like Spider-women stating they could’ve sworn he was married
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Oh really? See, I didn't start reading anything with Wally and Linda in it until...well, it was after they had their twins and she grabbed onto Wally's incorporeal lightning form with the babies in her arms as he and Superboy-Prime were being sucked into The Speed Force.

Incredible Member

Oh really? See, I didn't start reading anything with Wally and Linda in it until...well, it was after they had their twins and she grabbed onto Wally's incorporeal lightning form with the babies in her arms as he and Superboy-Prime were being sucked into The Speed Force.
    Honestly I don't even remember the Flash story people are referencing, from my point of view it's a deep cut. Hell Wally era Flash also did an OMD in a sense using the Spectre. Except it didn't cost a marriage or anything really.

Also read Wally Flash. Johns is usually recommended so is Waids. I'd go with the current run. It along with Nightwing are what I want out of Spider-man

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Honestly I don't even remember the Flash story people are referencing, from my point of view it's a deep cut. Hell Wally era Flash also did an OMD in a sense using the Spectre. Except it didn't cost a marriage or anything really.

Also read Wally Flash. Johns is usually recommended so is Waids. I'd go with the current run. It along with Nightwing are what I want out of Spider-man
    Well, despite it being a Flash reference, I still wasn't happy to see her go through it all over again while Mephisto laughed his ass off as hard as he possibly could.

Not actually MJ-related but the lyrics of this song totally describe her Parallel Lives "She always knew" retcon