Page 241 of 271 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 4059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by logo449 View Post
    I probably shouldn’t have used “giving her shit” then lmao.

I meant more so a remark/jab about Paul. Like “he doesn’t really seem like your type MJ” wink wink. Or “he must have a heckuva personality”. I don’t really think Felicia is going to go dunking on MJ’s relationship in this mini lmao
    One of the plot threads appears to be Felicia keeping her relationship with Peter a secret from MJ, so Felicia may be worried MJ herself will s*it on her for trying to help Peter move on from her.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    We don’t really know the context, and even if she’s not in love with him, they are in a relationship
    There has been nothing 'romantic' about their relationship since it was established, all they've really discussed at length together is business (the Krakaon drugs thing...oh, whatever happened to that and Anna's health?), Paul said they would 'celebrate' but that could just mean something more formal. Paul was the one who said he "loved her too" but half of that conversation was about MJ telling him not to check in on Peter, so he could have said it sarcastically because he knows MJ still loves Peter and was more concerned for him. I'll give Wells credit in that we never heard what MJ was saying at that point in the story.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 12-03-2022 at 01:09 AM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    There has been nothing 'romantic' about their relationship since it was established, all they've really discussed at length together is business (the Krakaon drugs thing...oh, whatever happened to that and Anna's health?), Paul said they would 'celebrate' but that could just mean something more formal. Paul was the one who said he "loved her too" but half of that conversation was about MJ telling him not to check in on Peter, so he could have said it sarcastically because he knows MJ still loves Peter and was more concerned for him. I'll give Wells credit in that we never heard what MJ was saying at that point in the story.
    Paul reminds me of someone you'd see working for The Kingpin or Silvermane or any crime boss for that matter, the guy is a scumbag and I hope he gets put down at the end of this arc. No More Paul. As for the kids...well...something, something Infinity Gauntlet.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    the guy is a scumbag and I hope he gets put down at the end of this arc. No More Paul. As for the kids...well...something, something Infinity Gauntlet.
    Like I said, I don't think Paul or the kids will factor into Dark Web at all, as MJ says, they're all at home while this is going on. It's possible the demons could all slay them in their beds while MJ's in limbo, but that's wishful thinking.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Like I said, I don't think Paul or the kids will factor into Dark Web at all, as MJ says, they're all at home while this is going on. It's possible the demons could all slay them in their beds while MJ's in limbo, but that's wishful thinking.
    Oh, I meant to say run, not arc. Although...that would spice things up. The beds eat everyone. Nom. Nom.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

One of the plot threads appears to be Felicia keeping her relationship with Peter a secret from MJ, so Felicia may be worried MJ herself will s*it on her for trying to help Peter move on from her.

Honestly, wouldn't be hard to recast this as MJ being a baby sitter no dating at all. Easy peasy since Wells hasn't actually you know done anything.

The big Spidey rumor on 4chan (so take with a cup full of salt) is that nobody is happy with what's going on with MJ in this run. The rumor is Editorial was hoping Peter x Felicia would get the fan support that Peter x MJ got under Spencer, and that just didn't happen. It's also claimed that people internally at Marvel are unhappy with the current direction (Carlos Gomez has definitely not been shy about sharing his dislike of the current direction).

If this is true, the question then becomes what will they do about it? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they swept Paul and the kids under the rug real quick after Dark Web and What Peter Did. Blame it all on Mysterio or something.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The big Spidey rumor on 4chan (so take with a cup full of salt) is that nobody is happy with what's going on with MJ in this run. The rumor is Editorial was hoping Peter x Felicia would get the fan support that Peter x MJ got under Spencer, and that just didn't happen. It's also claimed that people internally at Marvel are unhappy with the current direction (Carlos Gomez has definitely not been shy about sharing his dislike of the current direction).

If this is true, the question then becomes what will they do about it? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they swept Paul and the kids under the rug real quick after Dark Web and What Peter Did. Blame it all on Mysterio or something.
    I don’t want to be pessimistic but everything that rumor says are things that people already known and some guesses from people from twitter, the person who put it together only compile everything under one “rumor”.
    Like why wait until Gomez put that comment on twitter to said that people at Marvel are unhappy with the situation?

About Paul and the kids, MJ can just break up with him and they are out of the way, the big question is Peter and MJ will get together or be just friends and that the next writer decides what to do? What is the actual status quo of Spider-Man?

I don’t want to be pessimistic but everything that rumor says are things that people already known and some guesses from people from twitter, the person who put it together only compile everything under one “rumor”.
    Like why wait until Gomez put that comment on twitter to said that people at Marvel are unhappy with the situation?

About Paul and the kids, MJ can just break up with him and they are out of the way, the big question is Peter and MJ will get together or be just friends and that the next writer decides what to do? What is the actual status quo of Spider-Man?
    If Wells is really unhappy and doesn't want to become one of the most hated Spider-Writers (and it might already be too late for that), I have a hard time seeing him not putting Peter x MJ back together before he leaves. The current Felicia romance really is one of the biggest busts I have ever seen in Spider-Man. Even the Black Cat Appreciation thread here isn't talking about it.

BANNED

If Wells is really unhappy and doesn't want to become one of the most hated Spider-Writers (and it might already be too late for that), I have a hard time seeing him not putting Peter x MJ back together before he leaves. The current Felicia romance really is one of the biggest busts I have ever seen in Spider-Man. Even the Black Cat Appreciation thread here isn't talking about it.
    Yeah, but there's not much to talk about because the whole thing from 900 to now has been handled abominably. They're getting two issues dedicated to 'heating up' the relationship and then the next month we're right back to the Peter/MJ drama. The pair aren't the focus of the run at all, it's all been Peter, Norman, and MJ.

Fantastic Member

Felicia has only appeared in like 3 issues, I don’t think people hate this run because of her and Peter being a thing, from what I gather it’s the MJ situation and Peter don’t beating any villains the things people have the biggest problems.
    Even if Wells writes another ASM annual 21 people will hate him lol.
    And I find kind of naive thinking Marvel didn’t expect negative feedback from that first issue, from what they wrote on the letters pages I think they know what they were doing

Yeah, but there's not much to talk about because the whole thing from 900 to now has been handled abominably. They're getting two issues dedicated to 'heating up' the relationship and then the next month we're right back to the Peter/MJ drama. The pair aren't the focus of the run at all, it's all been Peter, Norman, and MJ.
    I don't think Wells cared about a Felicia romance (or about the romance stuff in general). The rumor seems to say it was all Editorial, hoping to get a repeat to the response they saw with Peter x MJ under Spencer. And then that didn't happen.

Felicia has only appeared in like 3 issues, I don’t think people hate this run because of her and Peter being a thing, from what I gather it’s the MJ situation and Peter don’t beating any villains the things people have the biggest problems.
    Even if Wells writes another ASM annual 21 people will hate him lol.
    And I find kind of naive thinking Marvel didn’t expect negative feedback from that first issue, from what they wrote on the letters pages I think they know what they were doing
    There was a big damn kiss between Peter and Felicia in ASM #900. They were absolutely sure people were going to react strongly to that and they'd get the kind of praise they saw when Peter x MJ happened under Spencer.

And then that didn't happen.

(Edit: As I said, I don't think Wells particularly cares. He just wanted to do his Hellions follow-up.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 12-05-2022 at 01:24 AM.

Fantastic Member

I don't think Wells cared about a Felicia romance (or about the romance stuff in general). The rumor seems to say it was all Editorial, hoping to get a repeat to the response they saw with Peter x MJ under Spencer. And then that didn't happen.
    At this point it’s better to wait and see what happens next instead of believing 4chan rumors hahaha
    I think Marvel want it to bring back the relationship drama from earlier Spider-man comics, if they don’t want to bring the marriage back I can only see using this to make some soap-opera drama lol. Peter will be back and forth between MJ and Felicia until the end of times.

At this point it’s better to wait and see what happens next instead of believing 4chan rumors hahaha
    I think Marvel want it to bring back the relationship drama from earlier Spider-man comics, if they don’t want to bring the marriage back I can only see using this to make some soap-opera drama lol. Peter will be back and forth between MJ and Felicia until the end of times.
    I fully expect another writer in the future to try Peter x Felicia again. But not for a long time after this run. They really screwed everything up with this run.

Mighty Member

There was a big damn kiss between Peter and Felicia in ASM #900. They were absolutely sure people were going to react strongly to that and they'd get the kind of praise they saw when Peter x MJ happened under Spencer.

And then that didn't happen.

(Edit: As I said, I don't think Wells particularly cares. He just wanted to do his Hellions follow-up.)
    Felicia is no way near as popular as Peter's wife of 20 years Mary Jane. When Gwen was alive, she was no way near popular as Mary Jane.

Marvel thinks that there are women that are popular as Mary Jane in regards to being Peter's love interest.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.