Page 242 of 271 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Felicia is no way near as popular as Peter's wife of 20 years Mary Jane. When Gwen was alive, she was no way near popular as Mary Jane.

Marvel thinks that there are women that are popular as Mary Jane in regards to being Peter's love interest.
    Can we even say she was Peter's wife of 20 years? If you count the number of years they've kept publishing new stories with the marriage, either AU or set in the past, it's been nearly 36 now. Marvel seem perfectly fine presenting MJ as 'the one' in just about every other capacity, no wonder no love interest has stood a chance with such continuous a push

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I fully expect another writer in the future to try Peter x Felicia again.
    I don't think anyone is ever going to try Peter/Felicia. They may try Peter/that white-haired woman in a tight black catsuit that has some unseen past with Peter, maybe.
    Felicia is a grown-up and knows Peter/Felicia has no future in it. So does Peter when he isn't being written as a teenager having a midlife crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Marvel seem perfectly fine presenting MJ as 'the one' in just about every other capacity, no wonder no love interest has stood a chance with such continuous a push
    It's not just that. She has one of the best known comic book introductions of any character in comics. She is the active agent in one of the best character pages ever written in a superhero comic, the end of The Night Gwen Stacy Died. And, she's always going to be Peter's first wife until some Marvel editor works out how to erase the marriage from real time. I don't think any other love interest could surmount that narrative momentum. (You'd have to have them stick with Peter as his primary love interest for over twenty years, in which case you might as well have them get married, in which case why not go back to Peter's first marriage.)

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    When Gwen was alive, she was no way near popular as Mary Jane.
    Gwen's fatal flaw as a character was that she couldn't stand Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Gwen's fatal flaw was that as the characterization of women has grown in leaps and bounds over the last 50 years here was stuck in 1973.

Ed Benes Instagram

Santa MJ is someone I want down my chimney .

Also, I don't know if it was mentioned before, but MJ is mentioned by Peter in the new Midnight Suns game.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

After her father was killed by Doctor Octopus, albeit somewhat indirectly, in a fight with Spider-Man . . . well, grief has been known to f*** with people's better judgment and instincts in reality, so Gwen spiraling to the point she'd support a corrupt politician who simply promised to "get Spider-Man" for the sake of "law and order" (and turned out to be a bigot as well) is at least understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    Gwen's fatal flaw was that as the characterization of women has grown in leaps and bounds over the last 50 years here was stuck in 1973.
    A valid point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Ed Benes Instagram
    Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Santa MJ is someone I want down my chimney .

Also, I don't know if it was mentioned before, but MJ is mentioned by Peter in the new Midnight Suns game.
    Are they dating there? Does she know he's Spider-Man?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    After her father was killed by Doctor Octopus, albeit somewhat indirectly, in a fight with Spider-Man . . . well, grief has been known to f*** with people's better judgment and instincts in reality, so Gwen spiraling to the point she'd support a corrupt politician who simply promised to "get Spider-Man" for the sake of "law and order" (and turned out to be a bigot as well) is at least understandable.

A valid point as well.

Merry Christmas!

Are they dating there? Does she know he's Spider-Man?
    Based on the context of the story ous most likely before she told him. That she knows he's Spider-Man

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Based on the context of the story ous most likely before she told him. That she knows he's Spider-Man
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Didn't Peter confess to being Spider-man once when he was delirious from flu, and Gwen did not take the idea well? I believe that was while George Stacy was still alive.

Even after Gwen and Peter's reconciliation after the corrupt politician storyline, Peter gave himself six arms in an attempt to get rid of his powers because he believed Gwen and he could never get married if he was still Spider-man.
    As long as Peter is thinking that he can't be Spider-man and be with Gwen, the readers will on the meta-level want him to choose to continue being Spider-man and that is liable to make them dislike Gwen. (In general, a supporting character who gives the protagonist of the story a reason to not be the protagonist of the story has an uphill struggle to win popularity.)
    Last edited by Daibhidh; 12-05-2022 at 04:08 PM.

Didn't Peter confess to being Spider-man once when he was delirious from flu, and Gwen did not take the idea well? I believe that was while George Stacy was still alive.

Even after Gwen and Peter's reconciliation after the corrupt politician storyline, Peter gave himself six arms in an attempt to get rid of his powers because he believed Gwen and he could never get married if he was still Spider-man.
    As long as Peter is thinking that he can't be Spider-man and be with Gwen, the readers will on the meta-level want him to choose to continue being Spider-man and that is liable to make them dislike Gwen. (In general, a supporting character who gives the protagonist of the story a reason to not be the protagonist of the story has an uphill struggle to win popularity.)
    if peter not spider-man whats the point
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Ed Benes Instagram
    Merry Christmas!
    Season's Greetings!

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-05-2022 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Season's Greetings!
    Merry Christmas! Here I got you this...it's a nice Peter/MJ moment from Spider-Man and Batman.

Dissolve into Chaos.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Spider-Verse Infinity spoilers for the week (Mayday)

spoilers:
    Benjy being an adorable nuisence using his powers a lot at the kids arcade, Mayday's interest Jason also works there. Mayday and Benjy using their powers at certain intervals is monitored by someone shady. No Peter or MJ this issue.
    end of spoilers

Interestingly spoilers:
    Spider-Girl is still regarded as a 'new' crime fighter despite now been active for many years
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 12-06-2022 at 04:57 AM.