Page 244 of 271 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 4059

Before this run (including Beyond), Zeb Wells' big claim to fame with Spider-Man was Shed, a story that saw the Lizard eat Billy Connors. Those kids ain't sticking around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    OMD didn't erase a damn thing. Mephisto's powers only allowed him to layer portions of Earth-81545's history on top of Earth-616's like a shroud but it didn't erase those events. If he had it would have caused a temporal paradox that would have killed him in the process. And as for the death of Mayday, it was a murder. Mary Jane was poisoned, this wasn't like when Sue lost Valeria the first time. Norman Osborn killed Peter and Mary Jane's child and he knows it because it was his plan.
    The list of Norman Osborn in "Gold Goblin" seems to differ about "the baby" actually being alive.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The list of Norman Osborn in "Gold Goblin" seems to differ about "the baby" actually being alive.
    If that is the truth, then he needs to go and retrieve her and then give her back to her parents. That should be the first thing on his list.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think Paul and the kids are gonna be swept under the rug as some Mysterio shenanigans. They're gonna want to jettison them FAST.
    Do you on better, there is no plan they’re just quietly going to disappear and everyone will hope we all forget. Wells already acknowledged having no plan what so ever for this entire experience, except Dark Web I’d believe he actually planned this as it’s Hellions related.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    I think this too, Paul and the kids are not important they are just to set the status quo of MJ, the mystery will go like Peter do something shitty to save MJ she got mad at him or something, met Paul that is a single father, Peter look for MJ until the point that Paul punch him and then the run end MJ break up with him and they will never seen again
    Just noticed this. Pretty much my same belief

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Do you on better, there is no plan they’re just quietly going to disappear and everyone will hope we all forget. Wells already acknowledged having no plan what so ever for this entire experience, except Dark Web I’d believe he actually planned this as it’s Hellions related.
    They're definitely gonna want as easy an out as possible while also explaining why MJ acted the way she did. Blaming everything on Mysterio is the quickest way they could fix it all without outright just ignoring everything and hoping readers forgive and forget.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They're definitely gonna want as easy an out as possible while also explaining why MJ acted the way she did. Blaming everything on Mysterio is the quickest way they could fix it all without outright just ignoring everything and hoping readers forgive and forget.
    I can’t help but feel you have a higher opinion of readers than Marvel does

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I'm curious, would Screwball(I hate her, even more after those challenges in ps4) make sense as being part of Mayday Rogues rather than Peter.
    Not until I get to write her greatest story ever for Marvel!

I can fix her, I swear

BANNED

Some more behind the scenes tea potentially spilled, take with a grain of salt, but sounds pretty plausible

The company will not be pursuing a restoration of the Spider-marriage in 616 anytime soon (it's a company wide edict at this point, and out of the Spider-Offices hands), Marvel are interested in Mayday Parker and will be including MJ's pregnancy from Clone Saga in post-OMD continuity going forward, they are also discussing doing more with the MC2 continuity to please marriage fans and continue to progress the Spider-Man story in their own fashion away from the strain of main canon, that's why Benjy has been aged up.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Some more behind the scenes tea potentially spilled, take with a grain of salt, but sounds pretty plausible

The company will not be pursuing a restoration of the Spider-marriage in 616 anytime soon (it's a company wide edict at this point, and out of the Spider-Offices hands), Marvel are interested in Mayday Parker and will be including MJ's pregnancy from Clone Saga in post-OMD continuity going forward, they are also discussing doing more with the MC2 continuity to please marriage fans and continue to progress the Spider-Man story in their own fashion away from the strain of main canon, that's why Benjy has been aged up.
    Well, that is something I suppose...provided it is true, I am always up for more Mayday, always will be to the point that it will be my lingering regret that I won't get to read more after I die (lol, talk about avarice, hand me an Orange Lantern Ring please). Still though, a company-wide edict? So what does that mean? If I were a writer and I wanted to pursue the undoing of One More Day/One Moment in Time and went so far as to promise to stay on the title for the next 10 years just to make sure the transition goes smoothly from Post-OMD to "Post-Redemption" era Spider-Man that I would need to get approval from every Editor and higher up in the company?
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-07-2022 at 06:29 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

BANNED

If I were a writer and I wanted to pursue the undoing of One More Day/One Moment in Time and went so far as to promise to stay on the title for the next 10 years just to make sure the transition goes smoothly from Post-OMD to "Post-Redemption" era Spider-Man that I would need to get approval from every Editor and higher up in the company?
    Slott used to post on the forums and he often talked about how difficult it was to get something like Renew Your Vows approved as the core book for a couple of months, he got the go-ahead from Quesada at the time, but Joey Q was in such a higher-up position to approve, being the Chief Creative Officer. Slott has said you can give Peter so many things, wins against Mephisto (like with the battle against Kindred), renewed relations with MJ etc, but there will always be a roadblock for creatives when it comes to marriage.

I think Slott probably had to fight for his 60th anniversary story, which I don't think was ever stated to be an AU, but intended to reassure readers that Peter and MJ will always overcome everything and be together, and will either be married or have a relationship similar to one, with Marvel never acknowledging which account will be correct.

Slott used to post on the forums and he often talked about how difficult it was to get something like Renew Your Vows approved as the core book for a couple of months, he got the go-ahead from Quesada at the time, but Joey Q was in such a higher-up position to approve, being the Chief Creative Officer. Slott has said you can give Peter so many things, wins against Mephisto (like with the battle against Kindred), renewed relations with MJ etc, but there will always be a roadblock for creatives when it comes to marriage.

I think Slott probably had to fight for his 60th anniversary story, which I don't think was ever stated to be an AU, but intended to reassure readers that Peter and MJ will always overcome everything and be together, and will either be married or have a relationship similar to one, with Marvel never acknowledging which account will be correct.
    That is absolute madness, you shouldn't have to fight your bosses just to get a story about Peter being married published but...hey, if that is how it has to be I would fight them to the death if it meant I could set right that which Joe Quesada made go very, very wrong.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

That is absolute madness, you shouldn't have to fight your bosses just to get a story about Peter being married published but...hey, if that is how it has to be I would fight them to the death if it meant I could set right that which Joe Quesada made go very, very wrong.
    According to Dan he said it actually easy to pitch the AF 1000 issue. Gave them the pitch and the were cool with it immediately. So it seems the push back isn't as bad as it used to be. So we have have a much better 2023 for the Red Head. Who knows they could be back together before the game comes out next year

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    According to Dan he said it actually easy to pitch the AF 1000 issue. Gave them the pitch and the were cool with it immediately. So it seems the push back isn't as bad as it used to be. So we have have a much better 2023 for the Red Head. Who knows they could be back together before the game comes out next year
    I wonder if the primary driving force behind the pushback was Quesada himself? EDIT: Nevermind, he was Chief Creative Officer at the time.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-07-2022 at 07:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

This sounds like fan wishful conjecture, like the rumors that Marvel is “unhappy” with the current run. Marvel pursues stories to make money, not to cater to one group of fans’ desires. Renew Your Vows was aimed at that same group and it was cancelled.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 12-07-2022 at 08:58 AM.