Page 247 of 271 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 4059

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he was in that Ultimate memorial issue for like two panels but they forgot about him almost immediately.

Think of him as Ultimate Pedro.
    He looked more like a Paul.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Especially because of that annual where they decided to wait...and then they broke up...and then they got back together...and then Peter died...

Yeah, I think they were done waiting .
    Oh, definitely and its not like Peter didn't keep his promise about waiting until they got married because I am sure they got hitched like maybe a few hours later after some working through...um...their feelings. Yeah...feelings.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He looked more like a Paul.
    Didn't she also make out with their version of Molten Man ?

Wasn't that when Peter was dating Kitty?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Wasn't that when Peter was dating Kitty?
    I think it was immediately after they broke up after the Hobgoblin arc.

I think it was immediately after they broke up after the Hobgoblin arc.
    Makes sense, I gotta reread Ultimate Spider-Man sometime, I wasn't the biggest Bendis fan but it was a pretty good series.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Now this is just too precious. I honestly can't decide which version of this scene I like better. The ASM #50 original or the Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History version. Probably the original, the splash page makes all the difference but still...her meeting Cosmic Ghost Rider instead of Captain America is funny.

Attachment 126815Attachment 126816
    Funny, and also heartwarming when you remember Cosmic Ghost Rider is (a version of) Frank Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Miniseries I want to see: Madame Masque wants revenge on MJ for that time MJ whacked her over the back of the head and saved Tony Stark. She also wants revenge on Kate Bishop because at this stage wanting revenge on Kate Bishop is her thing. Mary Jane and Hawkeye, for as many issues as they can manage without pulling the story too thin.
    Ha, that would be fun. Tie it into the MJ/Black Cat: Beyond one-shot, too. Maybe she crossed Madame Masque during her team-up with Felicia trying to get the Hood's demonic hood back for him, and after it turned out to be a trap that literally ate the Hood . . . well, Masque and Hood were dating at one point, so that could be why she would want revenge.

Makes sense, I gotta reread Ultimate Spider-Man sometime, I wasn't the biggest Bendis fan but it was a pretty good series.
    Yeah, it's the best of the Ultimate line, and to me, at least, the best of Bendis besides his Daredevil run.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny, and also heartwarming when you remember Cosmic Ghost Rider is (a version of) Frank Castle.
    Yeah, and bittersweet as well when you consider what happens to Frank later on in the mini-series. Frank's very own One More Day, if you will.

Yeah! You got that right!! Bendis had him appear only three times throughout his entire run...

BANNED

Yeah, but at the end of the issue she realized she could never move on from Peter and vowed to fight to get him back from Kitty as he was everything to her.

Yeah, it's the best of the Ultimate line, and to me, at least, the best of Bendis besides his Daredevil run.
    Agreed. Bendis did the impossible & made me enjoy The Clone Saga, with Ultimate Spider-Woman being the best thing to come out of it (IMHO):

There is not really a lot of competition for best of the Ultimate line.
    I think the original Jessica Jones series, Alias, is around there with Ultimate Spider-man. I don't really get on with Bendis' Avengers runs: he doesn't seem to me to be able to write teams. Too many of his fight scenes have patches in which interchangeable heroes all charge at the villains at once or in sequence, and he doesn't really get his characters to play off each other.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Yeah, but at the end of the issue she realized she could never move on from Peter and vowed to fight to get him back from Kitty as he was everything to her.
    Why did Peter and Mary Jane break up in the Ultimate Universe?
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Peter and MJ broke up about four times in the Ultimate Universe, the first time was MJ's call, as she got tired of the burden of knowing his secret and covering for him when he got hurt. After an adventure involving the pair of them, she simmered down, talked to him on the way home, and they made out in her bedroom.

Harry's death nudged Peter into the break up a second time, as Peter thought MJ being with him would put her in danger, but the events of the Clone Saga made him realize how much he desired to protect her and he confessed his love, making out with her right in front of Kitty.

Third time was supposedly all on MJ after the events of Ultimatium, Peter tried dating Gwen but everyone pointed out it was ackward because Gwen saw Peter as a little brother. Gwen ultimately realized she wasn't right for Peter and ended it, and MJ and Pete got back together on his birthday.

The fourth time wasn't either of their fault as Peter died. When he was revived by the Oz formula, he and MJ skipped town and eloped after Peter gave Miles the OK to be Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 12-10-2022 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    It was something to do with Ultimatum and MJ not feeling special enough to Peter, I think it was a plot convenience thing, to add some of that good old fashioned drama.