Page 3 of 271 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The best way to sell a love interest...make them more like MJ .
    a hot sexy redhead we can focus on character later
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    a hot sexy redhead we can focus on character later
    It only took them nearly 20 years to give MJ a backstory, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Comes with being a supporting character sometimes...

Comes with being a supporting character sometimes...
    Stan in particular probably didn't care what MJ's backstory was because he intended for her to be the comic relief. She was just the neighbor's niece and didn't live with her Aunt Anna.

It was only after other creators took over that they really began to flesh out MJ's backstory. I think it was Roger Stern (who, from my understanding, was not exactly a big proponent of the Peter x MJ pairing) who came up with the backstory that Tom DeFalco used. He was trying to explain what it was that Aunt May saw in this girl that made her want to pair MJ up with Peter.

And they still haven't given Lois Lane much of a background besides "She's a military brat", despite her character being either 83 or 84 years old, so hey, MJ has it good .

Stan in particular probably didn't care what MJ's backstory was because he intended for her to be the comic relief. She was just the neighbor's niece and didn't live with her Aunt Anna.

It was only after other creators took over that they really began to flesh out MJ's backstory. I think it was Roger Stern (who, from my understanding, was not exactly a big proponent of the Peter x MJ pairing) who came up with the backstory that Tom DeFalco used. He was trying to explain what it was that Aunt May saw in this girl that made her want to pair MJ up with Peter.
    It's ironic how people who didn't want to make MJ into a love interest who gave her bits of a background story before DeFalco fleshed it out, 'cause Wolfman dropped a line saying she avoids Peter 'cause her parents are divorced ASM#192, then Stern hinted at further family drama in #246... Both with the intention of kicking MJ away from Peter, yet it actually made it look like MJ just wasn't ready, and the writing making it sound like both Peter and MJ wanted it but weren't ready, man, this is peak irony lol.

**** like that is why I like to say MJ is the best accident, 'cause the best things about her weren't intentional, and I would find it hilarious if Marvel ever says that she wasn't a planned baby .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

wish we have more good accidents like MJ then
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    wish we have more good accidents like MJ then
    Similar kind of accidents are where Mayday Parker and Spider-Gwen came from.

(Miles Morales was planned on being a big deal from the beginning.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 01-05-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And they still haven't given Lois Lane much of a background besides "She's a military brat", despite her character being either 83 or 84 years old, so hey, MJ has it good .
    Does the Smallville TV show and Tales of Metropolis comic count?

Marco Turini variant cover for Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond # 1 exclusive to Unknow Comics.

Phil Jimenez Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond #1.

Does the Smallville TV show and Tales of Metropolis comic count?
    Did Smallville actually show her life or did she suddenly show up? Don't remember now.

Also, didn't know there's a tales of metropolis comic, I just know of those shorts, and Lois definitely doesn't get much of an origin in any of those episodes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

The pictures on the background at a bit random, the one on the top left makes it look like flying MJ and Felicia are fighting a giant robot, and the one on the bottom left has, a flying car? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Ultimate Member

On Smallville after Chloe was presumed dead Lois showed up to mourn her a bit and because she thought that something fishy was going on, she then basically hung around until the end of the show, leaving for short little bits here and there and her past did come up with her mothers illness and death and her father being all gruff and such...and yeah her history as an army brat came up from time to time...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Marco Turini variant cover for Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond # 1 exclusive to Unknow Comics.

Thanks for sharing. Nice covers there.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    On Smallville after Chloe was presumed dead Lois showed up to mourn her a bit and because she thought that something fishy was going on, she then basically hung around until the end of the show, leaving for short little bits here and there and her past did come up with her mothers illness and death and her father being all gruff and such...and yeah her history as an army brat came up from time to time...
    For what it's worth, I did like that Michael Ironside (the voice of Darkseid in the DCAU series Superman, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited) played General Sam Lane, though I'll admit I was somewhat disappointed he wasn't the one possessed by Darkseid in the series finale.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spidey's Angels!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Did Smallville actually show her life or did she suddenly show up? Don't remember now.
    She suddenly showed up but it was pre-reporter Lois and they talked about her background a little more.
    Also, didn't know there's a tales of metropolis comic, I just know of those shorts, and Lois definitely doesn't get much of an origin in any of those episodes lol.
    That Lois Lane -> Batman short was perfect...
    The pictures on the background at a bit random, the one on the top left makes it look like flying MJ and Felicia are fighting a giant robot, and the one on the bottom left has, a flying car? Lol.
    Spidey's Angels .