Page 61 of 271 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Oh well, here's the page, just be warned that it's drawn by Greg Land:

All that's really made me do is ship MJ/Gwen instead.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The basic idea is that Gwen didn't die for Peter, she died for MJ.
    Gwen died so MJ could take her place. Few cared about her until Emma Stone came along. Why? Gwen was boring ( very much like Carlie Cooper). I cannot think of a great Gwen centered comic until she died. As for Conway this is revisionist history. Not only did he write ASM 121-122 but RYV as well ( so obviously he liked Peter and MJ). Here is the bitter irony of Gwen. Despite this story and erasing Sins Past, Peter is going to work for the man who killed Gwen: Norman Osborn. If that is not giving Gwen the middle finger I do not know what the middle finger is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The basic idea is that Gwen didn't die for Peter, she died for MJ.
    That's basically what happened anyways, Conway wanted his redhead waifu to win.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    All that's really made me do is ship MJ/Gwen instead.
    Hope you're imagining this under better art .

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Gwen died so MJ could take her place. Few cared about her until Emma Stone came along. Why? Gwen was boring ( very much like Carlie Cooper). I cannot think of a great Gwen centered comic until she died. As for Conway this is revisionist history. Not only did he write ASM 121-122 but RYV as well ( so obviously he liked Peter and MJ).
    Funnily enough, he doesn't like the idea of Peter getting married, a few months ago Kevin even posted recent tweets where Conway said Spidey shouldn't have grown up lol.

At the very least, even if Conway doesn't agree with an idea, if he's writing it he tries to make it work from what I've seen, and that's a good attitude to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...iUI8ygWOzjwrpg

Looks like MJ will be getting a Brooks gala design

Astonishing Member

That's basically what happened anyways, Conway wanted his redhead waifu to win.

Hope you're imagining this under better art .

Funnily enough, he doesn't like the idea of Peter getting married, a few months ago Kevin even posted recent tweets where Conway said Spidey shouldn't have grown up lol.

At the very least, even if Conway doesn't agree with an idea, if he's writing it he tries to make it work from what I've seen, and that's a good attitude to have.
    Peter being married to MJ or anyone is one issue, and him being with Gwen is an entirely different issue. Obviously Conway was not exactly a fan of hers, which is why he did it in the first place. As for Peter not growing up, why write RYV ( an argument you can make about Dan Slott as well)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post

Nice, can we have MJ wearing nothing but her hair too? .

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Peter being married to MJ or anyone is one issue, and him being with Gwen is an entirely different issue. Obviously Conway was not exactly a fan of hers, which is why he did it in the first place. As for Peter not growing up, why write RYV ( an argument you can make about Dan Slott as well)?
    I dunno, I'm not Conway, maybe he doesn't like the idea of Spidey growing up but is okay with writing stories where it happens anyways, professionalism and all, or he likes stories like that but would rather they don't happen in a main comic, lots of possibilities.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 04-22-2022 at 05:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Nice, can we have MJ wearing nothing but her hair too? .

I dunno, I'm not Conway, maybe he doesn't like the idea of Spidey growing up but is okay with writing stories where it happens anyways, professionalism and all, or he likes stories like that but would rather they don't happen in a main comic, lots of possibilities.
    Maybe Conway is doing Marvel a solid and giving a BS excuse ( not quite as bad as the Mephisto motivation behind OMD but along the same lines keeping Peter and MJ apart) after Marvel changed Conway’s second most famous comic: ASM 129 The introduction of the Punisher?

Spectacular Member

Man I'm not saying that a character not looking pretty means everyone will hate 'em, just that younger looking and good looking attracts more attention in general lol.
    Sorry man. I went overboard there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Especially since he was the one who wrote the original scene from ASM #122 . . . and developed much of their relationship in the first place.
    Conway's changed his mind on Peter/MJ a lot in recent years, he's quite insistent these days that they should never have been married.

Again, that's weird considering his last major Spidey gig was Renew Your Vows, but even then his interviews when promoting his run were strange, believing that neither of the two needed the other in their partnership. And of course his run on RYV got cut short due to editorial intervention, so maybe it's just the last few years attached to the marriage weren't very good to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post

Well of course, we know she's going to be a big deal at the Gala, but it's Moira Jane.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 04-22-2022 at 10:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Conway's changed his mind on Peter/MJ a lot in recent years, he's quite insistent these days that they should never have been married.

Again, that's weird considering his last major Spidey gig was Renew Your Vows, but even then his interviews when promoting his run were strange, believing that neither of the two needed the other in their partnership. And of course his run on RYV got cut short due to editorial intervention, so maybe it's just the last few years attached to the marriage weren't very good to him.

Well of course, we know she's going to be a big deal at the Gala, but it's Moira Jane.
    The issue of Peter being married to MJ ( or anyone) is quite different then should Peter grow up. You can make the argument that he should be 24/7 Spider-Man like most superheroes these days ( I certainly do not agree, but that is my own opinion). But you cannot make the argument that Peter as a man-child, a damsel In Distress or especially under the Mephisto deal is a better character. If Marvel wants to remove romance then man up and do it, but in return start giving fans quality stories. Will they? No because they know who really wants MJ: We the fans do, and they are afraid of losing sales. Which besides wanting Peter juvenile is the real reason why OMD remains today,

Extraordinary Member

This is fanart

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This is fanart
    Right, sorry, I'm getting all mixed up now that we know MJ's officially a part of it

BANNED

Oh. S*it.

ASM#1 spoilers

spoilers:
    Mary Jane's with someone called Paul...and is looking after his kids
    end of spoilers

Oh. S*it.

ASM#1 spoilers

spoilers:
    Mary Jane's with someone called Paul...and is looking after his kids
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    F*ck. It's trash. Who asked Wells about this?
    end of spoilers