Page 75 of 271 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 4059

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I say don’t write them at all.

Ignore them.

I have a friend who wrote for daytime soaps (which is why i kept saying to stop insulting them - their twists are far less asinine ) and soaps LOVED getting letters. The angrier, the better. If people take the time to write, no matter what they say in the letter, they are engaged. And that’s what the producers wanted, engagement. They want to know they are living in your head.

Even a letter saying, “bye!” gives them that engagement. They know you care enough to let them know you don’t supposedly care.

Hate/love, the dollar is still green. Indifference is the one thing they want to avoid. If you want to truly starve a writer: don’t give them any feedback. At all. It kills them emotionally.

Besides, Lowe will probably only mock the letters that are sad/angry/saying goodbye.

However, internet communication is so easy and impulsive - it takes a lot more effort to write a letter and send it - that social media is a less dependable bell weather. A project can receive a lot of social media chatter but the correlation between online buzz and people taking action such as watching a show or buying a book is much weaker. But like letters, any buzz is good buzz. It raises awareness.
    Agreed on not writing. Honestly my true feelings is I lost interest and don't care to write them at all until the story goes in a direction I enjoy. I don't enjoy this so I'm not buying. The only reason I am taking time to write this is I see a lot of engaged fans on this forum and I just want to raise awareness about the response is exactly what Marvel wants out of this. They hope to receive lots of angry letters... that accomplishes their goal with this type of shock storytelling. I hate even posting here about it because it increases the number of posts related to the new run, but I just want people to know better than think angry letters is going to do anything more but encourage them to continue doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    That's what they want and expect. All the discussion on this forum shows them it's working. The more you talk about these things the more they will go back to "anger" fans to drum up attention when they need it. Look at the number of posts that blew up and the amount of attention this has been given online. Everyone talking about the new run now. The best reaction if you want these tactics to stop is not talk about it and completely ignore it.

It's like kid who acts out to get attention when he is not given it. Everyone gets so upset and starts giving the child attention and even if negative, he gets his attention it reinforces the behavior. Tom Brevoort: An enraged fan is an engaged fan. Look how engaged all the fans are talking about this crap on this forum.
    I mean, what they actually care about is money.

Be smart and don't buy this boring nonsense and then they'll care a lil' more about fans being pissed.

Not that it will happen, but hey, dreaming is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean, what they actually care about is money.

Be smart and don't buy this boring nonsense and then they'll care a lil' more about fans being pissed.

Not that it will happen, but hey, dreaming is nice.
    You never know things could happen and pissed off fans and new and old readers getting turned off by this crap can go a long way

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    You never know things could happen and pissed off fans and new and old readers getting turned off by this crap can go a long way
    Yeah, if they don't buy it.

If Marvel makes a comic which is entirely about Spidey sitting down in a toilet, taking a shit while checking things in his cellphone, and that sells more than anything, then they'll keep making more "stories" like this.

If you're pissed at Marvel for taking Spidey in a bad direction and you still keep buying the comic, you're part of the problem. Vote with your wallet by not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm just amused she and Venom are getting along better these days . . . unless that was actually Dylan and Eddie asked her to watch over him while he did King in Black business, so her solution was to bring him along to the Hellfire Gala.
    LOL! You might be right, especially if the (variant) cover for the 1st issue of Brock's new series is any indication...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! You might be right, especially if the (variant) cover for the 1st issue of Brock's new series is any indication...

Considering how Venom/Brock treated Felicia, I'm siding with Spidey in this cover. Way too casual there, Brock. People keep forgetting they have a history.

...Why are there two random Spiders outside?

MJ and Felicia are pals with Dylan now?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Venom is starting a band and the Spiders are his backup singers.

Is that Dylan? Eddie gets portrayed with facial hair sometimes but I assumed that was an adult.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ha, yes. Who did the art for this cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Considering how Venom/Brock treated Felicia, I'm siding with Spidey in this cover. Way too casual there, Brock. People keep forgetting they have a history.
    True enough, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think that might be Eddie, but it would be funny if MJ and Felicia made friends with his kid while Eddie had Peter babysit, and then Spider-Man business had him foist Dylan onto MJ and Felicia. As for the two random Spider-Men outside, I'm guessing one's Miles and the other . . . well, could be Ben under better circumstances.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

https://www.cbr.com/venom-mj-mary-ja...nning-fan-art/

So Medusa wins but because MJ is more popular and people will read anything that has MJ in it. Spectacular for lady with no powers to draw so much attention even if it's fan art. imagine if she was more given a larger role in the MU how high her popularity would grow more than it is now

Of course she’s spiderman girlfriend so she is representing him
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Of course she’s spiderman girlfriend so she is representing him
    One of the reasons why it would never work to remove her from Spider-Man or move or remove or try to separate them is like trying to remove Lois from Superman is she is so synonymous with him and fans and even people who don't read comics think of this it's Lois/Cark, Peter/MJ and Reed and Sue as the comics top couples

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/venom-mj-mary-ja...nning-fan-art/

So Medusa wins but because MJ is more popular and people will read anything that has MJ in it. Spectacular for lady with no powers to draw so much attention even if it's fan art. imagine if she was more given a larger role in the MU how high her popularity would grow more than it is now
    She definitely would become more popular if she got powers, I'm personally against the idea 'cause she's special as a civilian, but it's undeniable that powers give that kind of perk, and Gwen is a huge evidence of this lol.

Hell, Carol Danvers herself is another example, she was just some annoying love interest Mar-vell had, which's a detail that is often forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    She definitely would become more popular if she got powers, I'm personally against the idea 'cause she's special as a civilian, but it's undeniable that powers give that kind of perk, and Gwen is a huge evidence of this lol.

Hell, Carol Danvers herself is another example, she was just some annoying love interest Mar-vell had, which's a detail that is often forgotten.
    If the Timeless tease is correct then that could happen

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    I know, right?! After a bit of "roughhousing", Brock's the one who broke the news to Felicia that Pete & MJ were now married
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ha, yes. Who did the art for this cover?
    According to The Marvel Database, the answer is Francesco Manna
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-25-2022 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.