Page 85 of 271 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 4059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Oddly I’ve never read either one of their takes. I was thinking more along the lines of New 52 which funnily enough had Superman #1 which had everyone hating Superman, mocking Clark and had Lois hooked up with some random dude. Then DcYou pinned revealing Supermans identity on her as well. If it wasn’t for Convergence of all things and the advent of Super-dad nothing would’ve changed
    Ah, right. Yeah that is a fair comparison. That version of Lois had to be retconned as a variant split rom the original by Doctor Manhattan and had to be merged with Mommy Lois (ditto for Clark and Super-Dad), it was a bit messy though considering both N52 Lois and Clark had each died before then and just randomly returned for the merge.

Welp guess I'm going on a Spider-Man hiatus yet again. And we thought Dan Slott was the problem.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

They literally gonna do a JMS style swerve.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    They literally gonna do a JMS style swerve.
    Only JMS never swerved us with Peter and MJ, he built up a believable separation/reconciliation story that was built off their marital problems from the previous run.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Only JMS never swerved us with Peter and MJ, he built up a believable separation/reconciliation story that was built off their marital problems from the previous run.
    I know but Lowe wants a shock vskur to drive up sales as they've been falling behind then use the reunion down the line to bring back fans and increase sales

BANNED

Interesting tweet

I had a response from one of the creative team members saying he thought Peter x MJ are great because their love always pulls them through tough times and terrible things. That makes me believe it will be shown in this storyline too.
    https://twitter.com/Vortex8500/statu...38826281943041

Doesn't specify if it was Wells or Romita Jr who told him this

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Interesting tweet

https://twitter.com/Vortex8500/statu...38826281943041

Doesn't specify if it was Wells or Romita Jr who told him this
    It was the colorist, Marcio Menyz.
    https://twitter.com/Menyz/status/151...o2-MO2vbXS8B8g
    https://twitter.com/Menyz/status/151...o2-MO2vbXS8B8g

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Poor guy, the coloring was really really great.

[
    Very interesting

BANNED

Thanks a lot.

"I can't assure you you'll like this run..."

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    To be fair DC spent a good chunk of time preceding what they are currently doing by trying to make Lois Lane unlikeable or at the very least dead. Oddly that’s one of the few things Zack Snyder got right.
    Granted, but I'm referencing their present very different placements in each respective mythos. DC has seen the error (let us say) of their ways with Lois whereas Marvel clearly has not with MJ, sad...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Granted, but I'm referencing their present very different placements in each respective mythos. DC has seen the error (let us say) of their ways with Lois whereas Marvel clearly has not with MJ, sad...
    Yes, but also no. You'll notice the first issue didn't try to set Peter up with a new love interest. I do think at this point Marvel knows that's an exercise in futility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Yes, but also no. You'll notice the first issue didn't try to set Peter up with a new love interest. I do think at this point Marvel knows that's an exercise in futility.
    Wells may want to do a reconciliation type story because Spencer skipped that entirely and got them back together in one page with no drama. After 10 years of them being split post-OMD Marvel may feel a story about their reconciliation is due as we have not seen one since JMS and that turned out to be very popular and well received with readers. The only way to tell that type of story was to once again break them up.

Astonishing Member

I just found this thread on Twitter and thought people here might get a kick out of it:

https://twitter.com/Exalted_Speed/st...b-gyzZd4_XHRLg

I just found this thread on Twitter and thought people here might get a kick out of it:

https://twitter.com/Exalted_Speed/st...b-gyzZd4_XHRLg
    That's what's endearing about her. Is she wasn't meant to be the one but it's like Fate brought them together and it's just no matter what happens they always find a way back to each other