Page 14 of 202 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

I guess sometimes not being the designate JL GL has its perks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So where is Hal in all of this. We know he's stationed on Earth but we hardly ever see him with the League, nor has he shown up anywhere else, yet the final page of the latest GL issue makes it seem like he's been a regular JL member the whole time when he's had cameos at best with them. Was editorial just completely neglecting the character because based on what we have that's what it seems like.
    My questions exactly.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Welp. So much for Hal joining the League...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Welp. So much for Hal joining the League...
    It might have saved him this time .

It could lead to some interesting stories but I doubt anything would come to fruition. For instance is this the first time where all of Hal's peers are gone and he basically has to deal with the "kids" by himself? Hal Jordan isn't usually the guy that comes to mind to help guide a younger generation of heroes who just lost their role models, and it could turn out to be a memorable story. Wish it has something to do with way back when Williamson said there were plans for Hal but again, I doubt anything would come out of this. Hal is front and center on that cover for no other reason than his founding JL status.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Well, yeah. If John is the GL who supposedly "died" I don't know why they'd leave him off the memorial in favor of Hal.
    I don't believe that's what j9ac9k meant, I think his point was that Hal keeps getting left out of these big JL stories all the time, while the other 6 founders are usually always there. I don't mind it in this instance since obviously Hal wasn't part of this line-up and him showing up out of nowhere just to "die" would be odd, but I can see why Hal fans are disappointed that he's once again the one to get left out since this has been a pattern for a while now.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-20-2022 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It could lead to some interesting stories but I doubt anything would come to fruition. For instance is this the first time where all of Hal's peers are gone and he basically has to deal with the "kids" by himself? Hal Jordan isn't usually the guy that comes to mind to help guide a younger generation of heroes who just lost their role models, and it could turn out to be a memorable story. Wish it has something to do with way back when Williamson said there were plans for Hal but again, I doubt anything would come out of this. Hal is front and center on that cover for no other reason than his founding JL status.
    Might as well be that Jurgens likes Hal and drew him there without any deeper meaning. I don't expect to see Hal in these storylines at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Might as well be that Jurgens likes Hal and drew him there without any deeper meaning. I don't expect to see Hal in these storylines at all.
    How far the mighty have fallen, eh.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Hal and his hands.

Last edited by Mutatis_Mutandis; 01-20-2022 at 04:24 AM.

I don't know, on one hand sure, it would be cool to see Hal play a role in whatever the next big thing is. Or have some comic book where he appears on regular basis (well I guess he should be in next 2 GL issues), but at this point I have no desire to read Williamson's work. He manages to write okay Robin, but everything else I tried wasn't my cup of coffee.

I would expect Hal to form a new Justice League to bring hope to others and carry on the name so that it lives on, so I'm dreading the scene that shows why Hal won't do it. (the only reasonable explanation to me is that some cosmic issue dragging him away) I also expect it'll be the only significant scene he has in this.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would expect Hal to form a new Justice League to bring hope to others and carry on the name so that it lives on, so I'm dreading the scene that shows why Hal won't do it. (the only reasonable explanation to me is that some cosmic issue dragging him away) I also expect it'll be the only significant scene he has in this.
    Maybe they could finally do a Hal-lead JL justice (pardon the pun).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they could finally do a Hal-lead JL justice (pardon the pun).
    Cry for Justice done right.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Cry for Justice done right.
    Cry for Justice: Cry Harder
    Cry for Justice: A Good Day to Cry
    Cry for Justice: No Time to Cry

Apologies for putting that into the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Cry for Justice: Cry Harder
    Cry for Justice: A Good Day to Cry
    Cry for Justice: No Time to Cry

Apologies for putting that into the world.
    Cry for Justice: Welcome to Pain...Again.