Page 109 of 202 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3027

[QUOTE=HsssH;6104565]I haven't read Green Lanterns either, but I feel like Volthoom should, or could, be Jessica's main villain?

/QUOTE]

No

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Please, I never see you get in debates or complain about how DC treats some of your favorite characters, of course you have great willpower.

It is an awesome statue, I don't remember seeing a Hal statue that has disappointed me so far.
    Surprisingly the place I bought it also had Black Hand and Star Sapphire statue but for some reason they were more expensive then the Hal one.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Thephantasm View Post

No
    Could you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I haven't read Green Lanterns either, but I feel like Volthoom should, or could, be Jessica's main villain?

As for characters like Johns getting "hand-me-downs", I have seen few fans of his not liking it, but wide majority seems to be happy that Johns is finally the focus of an animated movie. Starve fan base long enough and they'll accept garbage, I guess.
    I think for fans of certain characters they ultimately care less about their guy cribbing elements from another version so long as their guy is in the spotlight. To them it just means their the main character and on some level they deserve to have those elements even if it's not theirs.

Like how there are probably some Barry fans who don't really care about Barry taking elements, themes, or villains from Wally. Or Jane Thor being worthy of virtually everything belonging to Thor.

More pieces of the puzzle.

Last edited by Johnny; 07-02-2022 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think for fans of certain characters they ultimately care less about their guy cribbing elements from another version so long as their guy is in the spotlight. To them it just means their the main character and on some level they deserve to have those elements even if it's not theirs.

Like how there are probably some Barry fans who don't really care about Barry taking elements, themes, or villains from Wally. Or Jane Thor being worthy of virtually everything belonging to Thor.
    Yeah, I mean if Frankenstein would get an animated movie then I wouldn't care what he "stole" from other characters.

The white hair makes it look like Earth-2 Superman?

Flash is wearing those yellow goggles they've been slowly introducing into his costume in media adaptions.

Incredible Member

Does anyone else find it ironic that the screenwriter of the new Green Lantern movie talks about how important the partnership and relationship between Green Lantern and Green Arrow is in a movie about John? How does he say he's only read one John comic in his life and how will this movie focus on John's military origins, which was a cartoon retcon, right? I've seen someone say that they wrote John as Hal in this movie

The white hair makes it look like Earth-2 Superman?

Flash is wearing those yellow goggles they've been slowly introducing into his costume in media adaptions.
    It’s a cover showing the JL in their Pariah “dreamworld” outfits.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obviously these movies have never been just for comic fans, since if you're not a fan you wouldn't know the "iconic Green Arrow/Green Lantern partnership" is Oliver Queen and some random guy you may not remember seeing dying in a flashback in this movie. Hence they don't even acknowledge Hal here. As a fan reading this excerpt you may feel like your intelligence is being insulted, but if you're a casual fan you won't even know what they're referring to.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-02-2022 at 02:19 PM.

BANNED

I don't understand this, really. Barry used the Speed Force mythology and modern villains because he was brought back in modern times and in adaptations they always use a mix of new and old plot things. It's no different than Wally using a bunch of villains and mythology from Barry's run when he's the Flash. They're interconnected characters. Jay has the speed force in his stories now, too. He's not "stealing" it from Wally.

And I'll never buy that Barry having a sense of humor is somehow stealing from Wally, since it's a different sense of humor and Wally was rarely "the funny guy" in the comics anyway. That always seems like such a superficial comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't understand this, really. Barry used the Speed Force mythology and modern villains because he was brought back in modern times and in adaptations they always use a mix of new and old plot things. It's no different than Wally using a bunch of villains and mythology from Barry's run when he's the Flash. They're interconnected characters. Jay has the speed force in his stories now, too. He's not "stealing" it from Wally.

And I'll never buy that Barry having a sense of humor is somehow stealing from Wally, since it's a different sense of humor and Wally was rarely "the funny guy" in the comics anyway. That always seems like such a superficial comparison.
    I think it was fine in the comics because Barry was dead and Wally was expanding on the classic Rogues (with their relationship still somewhat defined by the fact that they fought Barry) while still fighting new villains, but now it feels like Barry gets everybody and it's treated as being exclusive to him along with other stuff that Wally introduced (not that I'm saying Wally has "dibs" or anything but he gets stuck in either Kid Flash or irrelevant mode in adaptions).

I never said Barry didn't have a sense of humor?

BANNED

I think it was fine in the comics because Barry was dead and Wally was expanding on the classic Rogues (with their relationship still somewhat defined by the fact that they fought Barry) while still fighting new villains, but now it feels like Barry gets everybody and it's treated as being exclusive to him along with other stuff that Wally introduced (not that I'm saying Wally has "dibs" or anything but he gets stuck in either Kid Flash or irrelevant mode in adaptions).

I never said Barry didn't have a sense of humor?
    No, I just didn't know if that's where you were going with it. That's probably the most common thing people say about Wally when they claim Barry is stealing something from him.

Back to your point, Wally just fought Heat Wave in the comics. I don't think it's really stealing anything from Barry. They're both the Flash. They fight Flash villains. They deal with Speed Force and time travel and multiverse stuff. When you're sharing a franchise, you're going to fight some of the same guys and have some common life experiences, you know? I don't think it diminishes either of them.

Guys this isn't a Flash thread. Take it somewhere else please. Thanks.