Page 157 of 202 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3027

Dave Gibbons is a master and all,(I'm assuming that's his art) but Carol looks off.(even from how he drew her elsewhere in the series) And it's an ... interesting choice to make her look bald.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Dave Gibbons is a master and all,(I'm assuming that's his art) but Carol looks off.(even from how he drew her elsewhere in the series) And it's an ... interesting choice to make her look bald.
    I think it's just because of the panel transition composition. I think that's supposed to be a planet on top before it shifts to Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's just because of the panel transition composition. I think that's supposed to be a planet on top before it shifts to Carol.
    Yes, I know - but that makes it look like she's bald on top.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Mike Grell 1978 calendar page.

grellglcalender1978.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Mike Grell 1978 calendar page.

grellglcalender1978.jpg
    Kind of wondering about the plot here .

Kind of wondering about the plot here .
    Team Green stopping Insect Queen from trying to ruin the St Patrick's Day Parade. ... Oh, the rats? That's just New York City.

Fantastic Member

Mike Grell is particularly noteworthy in the history of GL for giving the ring a redesign, giving us the first version of it shaped like the GL logo. His is the more rare "logo wraps all around the finger" style rather than the more common "logo on a brand"it would evolve into. But either way the logo ring was the default look for the ring for main GLs form 76 til 1990 when Hal was transitioned back to the disc on a band style. In-universe the first transition was explained by saying the Guardians gave all the GLs new improved rings. But they never really figured out what was 'improved' about it since by then they were trying to reign the things in not make them even more over-powered. There's like... four things they declared is different about the new rings beyond the look and one is a downgrade that is thrown away quickly.

Chasing Sinestro Hal comments he'll definitely be able to catch up to him with his new ring, which really was never an issue before. Hal encounters Aliens that can detect invisible power rings but the new one change also change shape such as into sunglasses and avoid detection... because shut up. (that never comes up again.) One time the new power ring is said to not be able to be used once its off the finger so can't be remote controlled. Comes up all of once and then that new limit is forgotten. And they attribute being able to contact with someone just by thinking about them to the new ring.... which come on the old one could do!

His revamp of the ring:

Astonishing Member

Yes, I know - but that makes it look like she's bald on top.
    I'm surprised nobody at DC decided to edit it.

Astonishing Member

Welp, that's a bummer .
    Yes. That is a bummer.

In case anyone wasn't sure what willpower even is...

And only a few months earlier we have Hal in a confessional saying he doesn't even know what "Will" is...

(HiC was so dumb).

Amazing Member

I was thinking which author would relaunch GL and right now no one come to my mind.
    Maybe Tomasi?Phillip Kennedy Johnson when he ends his Superman run?Lemire?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    I was thinking which author would relaunch GL and right now no one come to my mind.
    Maybe Tomasi?Phillip Kennedy Johnson when he ends his Superman run?Lemire?
    I would rather not Tomasi. He's already been associated with Green Lantern for years. I think I would rather "risk" someone new because it seems like it would be kind of dull to see him return. It's like I already have a good idea of what to expect from him, and I guess I'm not crazy enough about it to want to possibly retread that. That's not to say he was the worst, or anything.

Morrison's FU to Tom King. lol The Darkstars miniseries was rad when it came to Morrison calling out people who didn't understand the characters.