Page 16 of 202 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Anyone who needs to understand Hal's appeal, I'd just point to GL:TAS.

I'm glad I'm not on Twitter or whatever. I have no idea what you all are talking about.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I'm on Twitter basically just to follow some artists and pop culture news so I got really excited when I saw Green Lantern trending, I thought we'd finally gotten some more news about the show or movie lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Vast majority of Hal haters hate him because
    1. They think he “stole” the spotlight that should’ve gone to their faves, ignoring that the Johns/Hal era is the only time where the GL franchise was strong enough for multiple GL “family” books
    2. They hate Johns and want to write off his entire bibliography as terrible
    They’re not usually arguing in good faith. That said the Hal fans on Twitter tend to be really dumb and set themselves up to get dunked on since they’re also always complaining about Stewart or whoever is getting pushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm glad I'm not on Twitter or whatever. I have no idea what you all are talking about.
    It’s a cesspool normally but it’s ground zero for Hal haters lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They hate Johns and want to write off his entire bibliography as terrible
    Which is quite ironic since they usually seem to want that material to just be transferred to non-Hal Lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re not usually arguing in good faith. That said the Hal fans on Twitter tend to be really dumb and set themselves up to get dunked on since they’re also always complaining about Stewart or whoever is getting pushed.
    From what I've seen, most of the Hal fans usually tend to keep it to themselves and only react when Hal is being attacked for no reason. The small dumbass portions on the other hand are as toxic as the people who attack Hal for no reason, but for some reason they're the only ones always being acknowledged and generalized as representing an entire fanbase. While the people with the perpetually stupid takes on the Hal Jordan character are never called out on their toxicity. That one bothers me the most, since one example of toxicity is always deservedly called out for what it is, while the other is treated as perfectly fine and acceptable.

You don't need it. It's a toxic dump.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-24-2022 at 07:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'm intrigued but at the same time glad that I didn't see it. Weird.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    One of the variant covers for the final issue of Justice League out in April.

Where is Shazam by the way? Just wondering because Black Adam seems to have replaced him.

Astonishing Member

Hal, Barry and Olllie on a League together would be fun .
    It certainly would. Has it been revealed if Oliver will be part of the JL casualty?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Where is Shazam by the way? Just wondering because Black Adam seems to have replaced him.
    True. I didn't really think about that but Shazam is also often notably missing from those big events.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-24-2022 at 07:34 AM.

The fact that this show is 11 years old is crazy. And the fact that so few people even know about its existence makes me sad. I think Beware The Batman is seen in a similar way. An underrated show that deserved more recognition. Justice League Action was good too.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

From what I've seen, most of the Hal fans usually tend to keep it to themselves and only react when Hal is being attacked for no reason. The small dumbass portions on the other hand are as toxic as the people who attack Hal for no reason, but for some reason they're the only ones always being acknowledged and generalized as representing an entire fanbase. While the people with the perpetually stupid takes on the Hal Jordan character are never called out on their toxicity. That one bothers me the most, since one example of toxicity is always deservedly called out for what it is, while the other is treated as perfectly fine and acceptable.
    Such is unfortunately the nature of social media (especially Twitter), my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Such is unfortunately the nature of social media (especially Twitter), my friend.
    It's sad. I've deactivated my twitter account twice before and I just can't seem to permanently stay away from that shithole. There's something oddly fascinating about it.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    It certainly would. Has it been revealed if Oliver will be part of the JL casualty?
    True. I didn't really think about that but Shazam is also often notably missing from those big events.
    It seems like Billy's getting de-powered since Mary is becoming the new Shazam.
    The fact that this show is 11 years old is crazy. And the fact that so few people even know about its existence makes me sad. I think Beware The Batman is seen in a similar way. An underrated show that deserved more recognition. Justice League Action was good too.
    At least it's on HBOMax (along with the past GL animated films).

At least it's on HBOMax (along with the past GL animated films).
    I saw Jamal Igle tweet about it and he seemed impressed with it. It's good the show can still be appreciated even by creators who skipped it when it first came out.