Page 42 of 202 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    When you have two minutes to the deadline and need to get something across to the reader.
    Must have just watched Spaceballs...

f4a5f0341d9fc95c0bac8dadda21730a.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member

Maybe he will eventually, as long as there's a good enough pitch they can't pass on.
    Really hoping for that pitch to come soon.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm sure who's left in the comics industry I'd want doing a Hal Jordan book. I mean, between Geoff Johns & Grant Morrison, he's already had two of the biggest creators in comics do lengthy runs. Kurt Busiek clearly loves the character, but he's mostly moved on creator owned comics with the occasional Marvel comic here and there. Hickman has likewise moved on from corporate comics. I honestly don't trust Tom King anymore to not do something catastrophically stupid or self-indulgent. I'd rather Gabriel Hardman finish his Earth One story than do main DCU continuity stuff.

I guess the only options now are someone new. Perhaps that's for the best. Fresh eyes might be exactly what the character needs at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm sure who's left in the comics industry I'd want doing a Hal Jordan book. I mean, between Geoff Johns & Grant Morrison, he's already had two of the biggest creators in comics do lengthy runs. Kurt Busiek clearly loves the character, but he's mostly moved on creator owned comics with the occasional Marvel comic here and there. Hickman has likewise moved on from corporate comics. I honestly don't trust Tom King anymore to not do something catastrophically stupid or self-indulgent. I'd rather Gabriel Hardman finish his Earth One story than do main DCU continuity stuff.

I guess the only options now are someone new. Perhaps that's for the best. Fresh eyes might be exactly what the character needs at this point.
    I'd read a Joshua Williamson or Ram V GL book.

Hal got a whole crop of new fans during Johns's run who might have become writers now (Rebirth was ... 18 years ago?? How crazy is that?) and who identify with that Hal more than the Broome/Kane Hal or the Englehart Hal, so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I’d like to see Williamson write GL as well, Dark Crisis will at least let us know if he’s able to write a good Hal.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d like to see Williamson write GL as well, Dark Crisis will at least let us know if he’s able to write a good Hal.
    Definitely. If Williamson can write a good Hal and has the time to write another book, sure. His stuff hasn't exactly wowed me yet, but he's certainly a solid writer at least as capable as Venditti, who was able to deliver some fun Hal stories by the second half of his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has Ram V expressed any interest in Hal at all? He seems like he's more interested in the, for lack of a better term, Vertigo-y parts of the DCU rather than the more traditional DCU characters like Green Lantern.

It doesn't need to be a well-known creator anyway. Jeremy Adams isn't a big name and I've heard nothing but good things about his current Flash run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Has Ram V expressed any interest in Hal at all? He seems like he's more interested in the, for lack of a better term, Vertigo-y parts of the DCU rather than the more traditional DCU characters like Green Lantern.
    Based off his current output, I'd imagine a Ram V GL story would be that "cosmic horror GL book" platonic ideal.

I'd be more interested in Ram V since Williamson hasn't really wowed me on anything.

The thing is how do you tell a "horror" story with someone like Hal anyway. GL: Earth One had some good sci-fi suspense but that was both a different Hal and a rookie Hal to boot. What horror story can you tell with current Hal who's seen any type of horrors the universe has to offer.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-11-2022 at 08:30 AM.

Incredible Member

The thing is how do you tell a "horror" story with someone like Hal anyway. GL: Earth One series had some good sci-fi suspense but that was both a different Hal and a rookie Hal to boot. What horror story can you tell with current Hal who's seen any type of horrors the universe has to offer.
    And whose thing is not having fear on top of that. It's tricky.

What about Phillip Kennedy Johnson? His Action Comics run has shown he has a love for big cosmic world building and alien cultures.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It doesn't need to be a well-known creator anyway. Jeremy Adams isn't a big name and I've heard nothing but good things about his current Flash run.
    He also wrote the GL:TAS episodes "Scarred" and "Blue Hope", so he's written some GL before, albeit in animation.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He wrote Hal well in his appearance in Williamson's Flash book in my opinion:

The thing is how do you tell a "horror" story with someone like Hal anyway. GL: Earth One had some good sci-fi suspense but that was both a different Hal and a rookie Hal to boot. What horror story can you tell with current Hal who's seen any type of horrors the universe has to offer.
    Eldritch cosmic horrors don't care about experience .